Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Lessee We have heard about the old sith because their great "empire" contained only korribon and that was pretty much depopulated.

Only Korribon? Odd, then, that I recall worlds like Ch'hodos, Khar Delba (and its moon Khar Shian) and Ziost... And that's just from one source, where they were barely mentioned, so surely there are many more.

Naga Shadow at the end of the sith empire ran away to Yavin IV where he performed genetic experiments on his little helpers and actually made them into the Massasi we see in Dark Lords of the Sith and the Sith war.

Quite right, but we've already seen all that, and it seems Naga Sadow is somehow thrown into at least every other Star Wars game these days. I'm sick of hearing about him every two seconds. It was much more interesting to see KotOR2 make references to Freedon Nadd and go to his tomb on Dxun. I know that my own proposed plot for KotOR3 also has references to Naga Sadow, but I really don't won't another plot about his base on Yavin IV - I'd much rather have them leave it alone, since doing otherwise interferes with Exar Kun's entrapment there.

I would think that the Council would treat Jolee as an possible hostile, the jedi refer to those who try to take the galaxy as sith because that's what sith always did....

Well, he didn't try to take over the galaxy, he just didn't embrace the jedi code... I don't think they'd cast him in with the Sith, but they would surely be wary of him.

it's been a while since I read the Fall so... I'm not sure about the planets. And if the counsel didn't accept Jolee then they would have serious problem keeping the order on its feet considering that most jedi will break the Code at least once and several won't even pay attn to it. Those who remain static will eventually die (Vrook). I must say that the Counsel you deal with in Kotor2 reminds me of Buddhist monks. always looking for the possible evil in any action whatsoever (I figure Meta's going to love this :)" )

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

LA is definitely at fault for approving the "True Sith" thing.  Do you think they came up with the idea though? :p

Oh, come on. The "true" Sith is just a convenient term for the descendents of the Sith Empire that attacked the Republic under the command of Naga Sadow a little over 1000 years before the time of Ulic, Exar Kun and Revan. The whole thing is described in the "Golden Age of the Sith Empire" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" comic book series, if anyone is interested.

We haven't heard anything about those Sith since Naga Sadow's invasion failed, but we know they're still out there, so they're a good and untapped resource for enemies in the KotOR games. They were also rather arrogant and racist about their racial purity, which is probably what "true" Sith is supposed to me - to those Sith both Malak, Sion, Kreia and DS Revan (and DS Exile for that matter) would all be "usurper" or "pretender" Sith, since they're not what they consider to be pure Sith blood. There is even some truth to that, since the term Sith comes from a humanoid race that the dark jedi expelled from the Republic enslaved and then interbreeded with. Still, by the time of KotOR, all fallen jedi are generally known as "Sith" no matter what their background - the term 'dark Jedi' doesn't seem to be used much anymore.

Hmm, makes me wonder if the Jedi council (Vandar, Vrook, etc.) would consider Jolee to be a 'dark jedi' since he has clearly turned from what Palpatine would call the 'dogmatic, narrow view of the jedi'...

completly agree :p

Extra content. Bonus missions. Optional side quests.

A great example would be having extra planets to visit, but are not required for finishing main story game play. I would love to visit the planet of Ilum just to explore the endless icy mountains and caverns for lightsaber crystals whenever I want.

"Since the most ancient days of the Jedi order, initiates have journeyed to Ilum to find the crucial components for their weapons. Visions of possible futures often come to the Jedi that venture into the darkness. Ancient intaglios depicting the history of the Jedi order are carved in the cavern walls."

~EU~

This may have been brought up before, but...

When you go into first person view (Xbox KOTOR II version), you have limited camera movement. I would like to have full control over the camera in KOTOR III. Full sphere 360. There are a lot of cool details in the game that I want to appreciate up close. As it is now, I have to move my character around to just the right spot, to be able to view what I want. It's a minor complaint, but it would also seem to be a minor task to fix it.

Oh, come on. The "true" Sith is just a convenient term for the descendents of the Sith Empire that attacked the Republic under the command of Naga Sadow a little over 1000 years before the time of Ulic, Exar Kun and Revan. The whole thing is described in the "Golden Age of the Sith Empire" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" comic book series, if anyone is interested.

We haven't heard anything about those Sith since Naga Sadow's invasion failed, but we know they're still out there, so they're a good and untapped resource for enemies in the KotOR games. They were also rather arrogant and racist about their racial purity, which is probably what "true" Sith is supposed to me - to those Sith both Malak, Sion, Kreia and DS Revan (and DS Exile for that matter) would all be "usurper" or "pretender" Sith, since they're not what they consider to be pure Sith blood. There  is even some truth to that, since the term Sith comes from a humanoid race that the dark jedi expelled from the Republic enslaved and then interbreeded with. Still, by the time of KotOR, all fallen jedi are generally known as "Sith" no matter what their background - the term 'dark Jedi' doesn't seem to be used much anymore.

Hmm, makes me wonder if the Jedi council (Vandar, Vrook, etc.) would consider Jolee to be a 'dark jedi' since he has clearly turned from what Palpatine would call the 'dogmatic, narrow view of the jedi'...

Lessee We have heard about the old sith because their great "empire" contained only korribon and that was pretty much depopulated. Naga Shadow at the end of the sith empire ran away to Yavin IV where he performed genetic experiments on his little helpers and actually made them into the Massasi we see in Dark Lords of the Sith and the Sith war. I would think that the Council would treat Jolee as an possible hostile, the jedi refer to those who try to take the galaxy as sith because that's what sith always did....

i would love to travel to a number of Sith Lords tombs for the next kotor, and learn the dark secrets that behold in the tombs.

can you say true sith power :p

I have a great idea. A collectors edition featuring all three KOTOR games so you can play straight through the game. You could play through the first and second games using the features of all three games.

lol and even though i have all the other kotor games i would not doubt me buying the limited edition as well.

LA is definitely at fault for approving the "True Sith" thing.  Do you think they came up with the idea though? ;)

We haven't heard anything about those Sith since Naga Sadow's invasion failed, but we know they're still out there, so they're a good and untapped resource for enemies in the KotOR games. They were also rather arrogant and racist about their racial purity, which is probably what "true" Sith is supposed to me - to those Sith both Malak, Sion, Kreia and DS Revan (and DS Exile for that matter) would all be "usurper" or "pretender" Sith, since they're not what they consider to be pure Sith blood. There is even some truth to that, since the term Sith comes from a humanoid race that the dark jedi expelled from the Republic enslaved and then interbreeded with. Still, by the time of KotOR, all fallen jedi are generally known as "Sith" no matter what their background - the term 'dark Jedi' doesn't seem to be used much anymore.

I had thought the EU was pretty clear in saying that they all had been "wiped out".

If thats true or not I'd hate to see them rehashed, they were plenty crappy the first time, no need to recycle that crappiness when Obsidian seems pretty capable of producing its own crap.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

LA is definitely at fault for approving the "True Sith" thing.  Do you think they came up with the idea though? ;)

I had thought the EU was pretty clear in saying that they all had been "wiped out".

If thats true or not I'd hate to see them rehashed, they were plenty crappy the first time, no need to recycle that crappiness when Obsidian seems pretty capable of producing its own crap.

thats cold

They most certainly weren't all wiped out. True, Naga Sadow's army was annihilated, but his move against the Republic was not supported by all the old Sith, and they were even on the brink of civil war among the Sith when Ludo Kressh opposed his invasion of the Republic. The Republic fleet had followed him back, however, and used the opportunity to destroy the Sith while their fleets fought each other. Empress Teta ordered the Republic fleet back once the Sith fleet was defeated rather than lose more ships, so clearly the Sith worlds themselves were unharmed even if the might of the Sith Empire fell with its fleets. Naga Sadow survived by staging his own apparent death and then fleeing Republic space, where he hid in his temple on Yavin IV. The fleet of Empress Teta also went home, but we know nothing of the fate of Ludo Kressh and the other Sith that were in that final battle. If the survivors of the Sith Empire have been licking their wounds for a thousand years while building their fleets and watching and undermining the Republic by staging the Mandalorian Wars and then the Jedi Civil War, then they do indeed pose a severe threat. And as we know from Palpatine, the Sith can be patient...

Frankly, I'm surprised by how many people don't seem to want Revan to make any sort of reappearance. I definetly would like him (and the Exile) to play a role in the next game, and, while I definetly loved the characters for their own sake, it's also more than that. I would like them to return for the sake of the series' storytelling as a whole. Dropping or ignoring the storyline begun by Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and shooting off into some other era entirely would just strike me as sloppy and kind of irresponsible, not to mention very disappointing. At this point, I really want to see what happens next in this series' storyline, with these characters.

They most certainly weren't all wiped out. True, Naga Sadow's army was annihilated, but his move against the Republic was not supported by all the old Sith, and they were even on the brink of civil war among the Sith when Ludo Kressh opposed his invasion of the Republic. The Republic fleet had followed him back, however, and used the opportunity to destroy the Sith while their fleets fought each other. Empress Teta ordered the Republic fleet back once the Sith fleet was defeated rather than lose more ships, so clearly the Sith worlds themselves were unharmed even if the might of the Sith Empire fell with its fleets. Naga Sadow survived by staging his own apparent death and then fleeing Republic space, where he hid in his temple on Yavin IV. The fleet of Empress Teta also went home, but we know nothing of the fate of Ludo Kressh and the other Sith that were in that final battle. If the survivors of the Sith Empire have been licking their wounds for a thousand years while building their fleets and watching and undermining the Republic by staging the Mandalorian Wars and then the Jedi Civil War, then they do indeed pose a severe threat. And as we know from Palpatine, the Sith can be patient...

You seem to forget that in Naga Shadow's bid for power he wiped out the entirety of the other lords.

You seem to forget that in Naga Shadow's bid for power he wiped out the entirety of the other lords.

and when one falls another takes his place.

i say that we get some better music for Kotor3. The music in Kotor2 was 2 weak, boring, and was repeated constantly. I think it would be amazing to get someone like John Williams to do the music for Kotor3. Cause honestly the music makes the scene. John Williams KNOWS how to set the mood for scenes. Like when Anakin and Obi-Wan where fighting...i was amazed. I got so into it.

i say that we get some better music for Kotor3. The music in Kotor3 was 2 weak, boring, and was repeated constantly. I think it would be amazing to get someone like John Williams to do the music for Kotor3. Cause honestly the music makes the scene. John Williams KNOWS how to set the mood for scenes. Like when Anakin and Obi-Wan where fighting...i was amazed. I got so into it.

what do u mean the music in kotor3 there isn't any, yet.

Maybe replying to an already long thread is pointless, and maybe since I haven't read 1/10th of the ideas already posted this is a waste, but...

I really think the idea of having a secluded starting point (Peragus Mining Facility) for KotOR 2 was great, and having the PC choose what Revan was (M/F, LS/DS). I would hope that something similar to this would happen in KotOR 3. To slim down coding you could simplify it some, where you could say what Revan was, then the Exile was exactly opposite, or same alignment but different gender. However, I would really hope that you could choose the alignment and gender for BOTH Revan and the Exile, and that this would change how the game played.

The development could easily go through the roof with the decision affecting too much of the game (choosing gender/alignment for both of them = 8 different combinations total), however with more differences comes more REPLAYABILITY FTW!!!!

KOTOR 3 should be either another sequel or a prequel to the trilogy. Taking place in the Outer Rim with Revan and The Exile or taking place during the Mandalorian Wars. I would personally rather see The Exile and Revan, but given the story a prequel could make sense.

From KOTOR 1 and 2 we have been given two characters both with stories that have an unanswered ending. There should not be a new character that is the main focus of the story.

We haven

welcome both and they are very good ideas but the problem with uploading your old profiles is one of power. if you did that the god that is supposedly revan would have to bow before the exiles' power. In each game by themselves yes they were powerful, but if you were to take the end result of your fighting and set them against eachother Exile would turn Revan into a puddle of blood and that goes against the whole "Revan was a sith lord" thing. by the way, you guy's missed alot of fun in the last six threads o:)

The power between both Revan and the Exile is obvious, but easily fixed. When uploading it can take both feats and force powers, but reset the stat numbers and reset the levels. Therefore, if we play with or against the Exile and Revan power always remains balanced.

i say that we get some better music for Kotor3. The music in Kotor3 was 2 weak, boring, and was repeated constantly. I think it would be amazing to get someone like John Williams to do the music for Kotor3. Cause honestly the music makes the scene. John Williams KNOWS how to set the mood for scenes. Like when Anakin and Obi-Wan where fighting...i was amazed. I got so into it.

what do u mean the music in kotor3 there isn't any, yet.

meant kotor2

The power between both Revan and the Exile is obvious, but easily fixed. When uploading it can take both feats and force powers, but reset the stat numbers and reset the levels. Therefore, if we play with or against the Exile and Revan power always remains balanced.

Problem with that being that they had different set's of force powers. I think that you would have to have a stock template and char creation for both of them to coinside with the models that you had in the games