Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Terribly bored at the moment. So for the 50th time I shall give yall the pleasure of reading my ideas :( ,or not read my ideas. Just to be annoying as well.

Planets:

Coruscant

Mandalore

Corellia

Alderaan

Unknown Region planet

Unknown Region Sith planet

Utopau

Droid Planet

With Planet Cameo appearances by:

Kashyyk

Manaan

Slehayron

Onderon

Characters:

Jolee, Bastila, HK-47, T3-M4, Dustil Onasi, Bothan Senator, Falleen, Mira, Sith Trooper, Caamassi

Non-Playable returning: Mandalore, Carth, Admiral Dodonna, Retired Admiral Vanacus, Cassus Fett, Chieftain Zaalbar and Mission, Yuthura, Master Vima(sunrider),

Additional Species: Mandallians, Togorians, Hojibb, Bothan, Falleen, Feeorin, Caamassi, Neimodians,Fosh, Dug

Other Ideas:

If Corellia is in the game then Centerpoint Station should play a small part.

Better continuity

Good ending and story that wraps it all up and ties everything together

A better influence system, or none at all

Some good Cutscenes

A Jedi Ability that allows for fully lightside characters to get a lightside power up(seen a few times in the NJO books)

Dejarik

Continuity issues:

Answer what happened to the Mandalore HK lost to on his last mission.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Terribly bored at the moment. So for the 50th time I shall give yall the pleasure of reading my ideas :)  ,or not read my ideas. Just to be annoying as well.

Planets:

Coruscant

Mandalore

Corellia

Alderaan

Unknown Region planet

Unknown Region Sith planet

Utopau

Droid Planet

With Planet Cameo appearances by:

Kashyyk

Manaan

Slehayron

Onderon

Characters:

Jolee, Bastila, HK-47, T3-M4, Dustil Onasi, Bothan Senator, Falleen, Mira, Sith Trooper, Caamassi

Non-Playable returning: Mandalore, Carth, Admiral Dodonna, Retired Admiral Vanacus, Cassus Fett, Chieftain Zaalbar and Mission, Yuthura, Master Vima(sunrider),

Additional Species: Mandallians, Togorians, Hojibb, Bothan, Falleen, Feeorin, Caamassi, Neimodians,Fosh, Dug

Other Ideas:

If Corellia is in the game then Centerpoint Station should play a small part.

Better continuity

Good ending and story that wraps it all up and ties everything together

A better influence system, or none at all

Some good Cutscenes

A Jedi Ability that allows for fully lightside characters to get a lightside power up(seen a few times in the NJO books)

Dejarik

Continuity issues:

Answer what happened to the Mandalore HK lost to on his last mission.

that is great! :(

I have an interesting solution to the problem of determining what happened in the previous two games, one that popped into my head a couple weeks ago when I had no internet access. Near the beginning of the game, why not give the character a "galactic history test" with questions about the Exile and Revan, in which whatever answers the player gives are assumed to be the correct ones?

i'm not sure that your gonna get jolee added to your char's because in the last one you could get his robes. Kinda makes you wonder if they killed him off...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

i'm not sure that your gonna get jolee added to your char's because in the last one you could get his robes. Kinda makes you wonder if they killed him off...

KOTOR I Spoiler:

Well if you went darkside in KOTOR 1, then your PC,

Revan, killed Jolee and Juhani. So neither would make an appearance unless through dialog options in KOTOR 3 you choose Revan as lightside then the old coot would still be alive.

Well there is a way around all that.

For instance lets say Jolee is hiding out on Utapau. If lightside you could get him, but if Dark side then another character is on Utapau.

Hmmm, that might even be interesting to work with the planets in the game. Of course maybe to much room. For example instead of Utapau being opened up to look up for lost Jedi, for Dark Side you get Ziost instead of Utapau. Lot more playability that way.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

For instance lets say Jolee is hiding out on Utapau. If lightside you could get him, but if Dark side then another character is on Utapau.

Hmmm, that might even be interesting to work with the planets in the game. Of course maybe to much room. For example instead of Utapau being opened up to look up for lost Jedi, for Dark Side you get Ziost instead of Utapau. Lot more playability that way.

That'd be quite the chore to develop though. I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but if they had additional planets depending on your alignment to pick up NPCs from, that'd be almost like developing 2 separate games. I'd be in heaven, but I don't see a developer being anxious to spend the next 5 years working on one game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

it has to be better it' can't get much worse than it was in kotor 2. At least they won't kill char's faster than you can say plothole.

And it doesn't even have to be based on the PC's own alignment...just based on how you refer to Revan early on in dialogue. Two much different paths based on that one dialogue....I would love that.

Many people have said that they want to play as a new PC and not Reven or Exile, well what if at the the start of the game you search for either Reven or the Exile and become their Apprentice. Reven shows you they way of the true sith and the Exile shows you the way of the jedi without all the jedi rules.  :cool:

Nice Idea

you do of cource realize that Jolee would be Obi's ANH age (70 for those who don't know)

I'd like to see more diverse outdoor environments. In KOTOR II, it's just running from one metallic corridor to the next. However, the outdoor areas that were there were fabulous! Loved Telos surface and Dxun!

her are some ideas:

Start as an padawan on coruscant after a lot of training and i mean real training not a cutscene or the training as in KOTOR II you get a ship (a piece of junk which you have to repair) you have to do several missions to get the neccecairy items and when you have all the items and when you are ready to leave in your ship (after a while you get an other ship (??the Ebon Hawk perhaps??) you make the choice of becoming ls or ds by taking a mission from the new jedi council to search for Revan and the Exile (LS) or that you meet a women with robes (hood-up) who tells break in to the Jedi Archives and steal every avalible information about Revan and the Exileand a map of the Galaxy as far as is know to the Jedi (DS). after leaving this planet in your ship you meet this women again and she will reveal her identity. Bastila! here she joins your party. You travel further but there is a malfunction in your ship and you need to make an emergency landing on a (as far as you can see) empty planet (you onboard computer doesn't detect any lifeforms) but when you land you meet a yoda-specie creature and both you and Bastila sense an extreem high force potential in this creature and after a missions to safe his family or something he will come with you.

LS: take him back to Coruscant and train him in the Jedi temple.

DS: take him to Korriban (wich is now deserted) and train him in the ruins of the Sith acadamy. You also discover new tombs of Sith Lords (one of the tombs is from Kreia). FINALLY the B*tch is dead.

I haven't thougth of the rest of the storyline yet but there are some extra features (some of them maybe already said):

- hood-up/down toggle.

- character customisation also the possibility to be an alien-specie.

- lightsabre customisation.

- dual layers of robes (outer layer can be trown off when entering combat)

- droid upgrade set for HK-47 to HK-50 (personality should stay the same but maybe extra options like more upgrades dedicated to HK-50).

- more different option when you choose male/female such as partymembers (like handmaiden/disciple (KOTOR II) and different types of gear such as outfits, helmet/visor.

- more classes like class changes for droids.

- the force sensitive feat should become a feattree:

>force sensitive - padawan - jedi knight : this way you can get a greater difference between padawan and jedi knight.

- new force powers:

> force absorb : allows you to absorb lightning and maybe other forcepowers.

> force relation : when you have a good relation with a party member of the opposite sex you can regenerate each others hit/forcepoints.

- new feats:

> weaponcrafting: allow you to build weapons

> mentor: available for the PC and it aloows you to take any teammember as a padawan.

this is it for now.

I hope everyone realizes that there is no chance any company will take a fan's suggestion for the storyline.

They'd open themselves up to a lawsuit, it's unprofessional, and it defeats the purpose of paying a lead designer.

We can suggest features, places, characters and the like, but largely the designer will design the game they see fit.

Ender - more or less, however these suggestions are now part of a public forum and therefore not subject to ownership laws, but also companies want to know what gamers want because, after all, we are the people who buy the games.

Anyway, I have a few more things to add from my post (page 6)

- A new Jedi Council - the obvious candidates here would be Bastilla, Juhani, Jolee, Mira, Atton, Visas, Handmaiden, Disciple and Bao-Dur - maybe find three other misc Jedi

- In a new storyline, kill most of the new council - say for example the Sith Empire (the one Kreia talks about) attacks and utterly crushes the Republic - after an attack on the Jedi Temple, only two or so of the Council are alive, kill everyone else off

- MAKE DUELING BETTER - I've said it before but this really needs to happen - in a previous game, Mira had NO two-weaps feats and yet was able to wield two sabre's with an attack modifier of around 30

- Multi-game villians - is anyone else sick of beating the worst villians in the galaxy only to have two more crop up?

- Better fleshed-out villians - I was a bit confused and dissapointed with Darth Nihilus in KotOR2. After all, he (it) is the main person on the box and game box and is supposed to have this power to suck the life out of people, and destroyed a world of force-sensitives - and yet you kick he butt half way through? I figured from the way he was described, Nihilus would be a far more dangerous enemy than Sion or Traya

Thanks again, (probably) more to come soon :rolleyes:

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Starting off at Coruscant in the temple is a cool idea. Maybe you can even be the first grad of a newly rebuilt council too. I also like the idea of a galactic history lesson somewhere in there at the beginning so you can choose the details surrounding Revan, getting to choose which previous npc's are seated on your council, which npc's got killed off, etc...

The Exile should be seated as the head of the new council w/Master Atris to cement the storyline (I think they were the only ones left with knowledge of the "true" sith). Maybe have jedi knight Mira discovering a vital clue on Yavin to the whereabouts of Revan. Before she dies, Mira gets the info to Master Shaun, and Bastila leaves the new council against Master Exile's judgement. Master Juhani, Master Bindo, jedi chronicler Disciple, etc...at least talk Bastila into taking the new pc grad who has to secretly find a way to rely info back to the council. General Onasi gets concerned when he intercepts transmissions between Master Shaun and Mandalore...

Its never too late for devs to read something, and it sparks an idea to be added...anything posted in the forums belong to them. Even if they are in a rut, and go reading these many posts to unlock writer's block, thats one extra chance to see what we think and want.