Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

See previous threads:

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :(

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

1. Customize Everything

2. REAL apprentices. The Apprentices in kotor2 werent actually Apprentices. I want and Apprentice like Darth Maul. Trust worthy, and would take a bullet at any time. I want one that will show respect. And also you ACTUALLY TRAIN THEM! Not just extra dialog. Come on! We need FULL out apprentices!

3. More Academys. It was soooooooo sweet in Kotor when their was training grounds for Sith. Well they can match up the Apprentices and The Academys. Like you are sent to a Academy, and they you are allowed to Pick ANYONE and train them. And you come back and their are new students and you start all over again

4. Fable characteristics. Like Night DAY. stuff like that

thats it for now

Ive posted this before

so it might look like if its a thread but just read the suggestions

1. ~~Customized Almost Everything~~

Basicly the name of the title says enough. From your robes to lightsaber hilts.

A. I'm sure that alot of people will agree with me when i say that the robes in Kotor3 were lacking. It felt like to me that the robes felt like homeless peoples rags. I mean it looked like someone just took off bedsheets and put them on. It made the player look fat, and if you gave it to one of your party members they would just look completly deformed. I mean it sagged and just honestly didn't look right. You should be able to take the robe off to teh under robe, or leave it on and look amazing like Darth Maul, or Darth Sideous

B. Character looks is another thing that im sure everyone will want upgraded for the next KOTOR. It shouldn't be a sloppy put together of look customization either. It needs to be well put together. I can't stress how many times i have played a game where the player customize just looked so horriable. If you put a kind of hair you want with a face that looks good than it just looks bad. There is a downside to this though. That means that each story will be made with all different looking people, and if not down right then there will be glitches. There also needs to be reactions to the way you look. They can't just have everyone react to the same if there was oen person that was overweight and one that was skinny. There needs to be a difference of peoples reactions to the looks. Something else about character looks is the look of people if they go bad or good. I was upset that if i wanted to be evil than he ended up looking like a pale old man, but when you wanted to be good he looked like a Model. Comon that should be different, but i am not saying that there should be no difference in the bad or good looks either. I am just saying that if someone wants to be bad then there guy looks liek someone who hasn't known what a shower is all their life.

C. I am sure the devs have heard this enough, but DIFFERENT RACES FOR BOTH NPC's AND PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. I know that the story will be totally switched, but thats why you hire teams to work on different peoples stories. Not just everyone working on the game. BUT in this you can't make the humans story lacking and the aliens completly amazing. There needs to completly different things. Different party memebers. And maybe even some different planet visits.

D. Hilts is a customizing MUST! I am sure that this wont be over looked, but dont jsut make it simple as only hilts. Bring it down to the color (make it look dashing!). Look at Darth Sideous's lightsaber. That is something that i would like to have in the game, but something rare like that can't just be made straight off.

****Commenters ADD to the one above on a reply so we can keep everything together, and not just thrown together suggestions that the devs will have trouble reading. Just put something simple (say you have another idea for customizing. Than simply put this ~Customized~ then add what you would like to also be customized. Very simple to read and keeps everything intact.****

2. ~~Story and Extras~~

Lets make it a story that is strong through the WHOLE game.

A. The story needs to be something that wont fall apart. I am sorry to say, but Kotor2's story just was weak towards the end of the game. It started off decent, but was struggling through the finish line. We need something that eveyone will enjoy, and that has so much replay value that its amazing. Or even a choice of what you would like to play. Cause honestly not everyone wants to be Revan AGAIN, or The Exile AGAIN. We want something fresh, but not someone who is weak. Cause you can't just let us be Revan, or The Exile if we have never played the game before. I mean comon...that doesnt happen. How stupid would it be that if you made the character Revan, and they make him so that even people who havent played the game can be him. Thats dumb, there is a story for a reason correct? And the story shouldn't be broken up just becasue people haven't played the game.

B. I posted this in a different thread, but i still think its a good idea to have some characteristics like in Fable. Wouldn't that be cool if you could have tat's, or you age through out the game. Like say your character was someone like Darth Maul. Wouldn't that be cool to have those tat's, instead of just marks on the face that dont cover the whole body. Or even add in some weird star wars stuff...lol i say the devs watch all the movies over, and then i am sure that they will think of something creative.

C. To me Kotor2 did not really feel like Star Wars. Idk what it is, but after watching the Star Wars movies again i just felt like Kotor2 lacked. Thats my opinon

D. Tougher Sith and Jedi. I mean comon. We are fighting people that are supposed to train since birth, but they die in seconds. Im not saying where they are unbeatable, but lil harder. I can understand in Kotor1 because i mean you are a sith lord and all, but just a little harder would make the game exciting.

E. In BOTH KOTOR games i felt like i was working to become something, an RIGHT when i became it then it was over....Ok i worked the whole game to become a Sith Lord. Then atleast let me play as one. How AMAZING would that be to play as a Sith Lord, or as part as the Jedi Council. See thats where you add in the age progression. Cause then you wont be a 25 yearold Sith Lord. So by the time you become a Sith Lord or Jedi Master then you will be a higher age so not to through off the IMPORTANCE of those titles. Now back to the topic...In both games ALL we got from EVERYTHING was a movie. It felt liek the Story just turns off. So for this one i think it would be cool if the game continued for a long LONG while. I know that will be tough, but think of how awesome it would be. Don't be lazy. You MUST be patient to make a good game, and everyone will be rewarded to it. Do WHAT you have to do to make the game like no other, and absolutly terrific!

F. This one is gonna be dedicated to Fighting, and the ones in blue. Ok i've heard this one around and i completly agree-Cracking Lightsabers! I remember back to the movies where you see their lightsabers collide and they just star at each other and that noise just makes the scene. I mean we are Jedi-Sith right? We should be able to have noise of our lightsaber right?

More fighting moves, and lets actually see some crazy moves. Not just a little rendering to the old ones. Take a look at the fights in Episode 3.

More force powers (a must), but also when making higher force powers, dont make them so right when we get them the game is almost over.

More EMOTIONAL in fighting. Not just little angry eyes. Lets see a full out emotion like in the movies

More EMOTIONAL in general. Not just a little nodding heads, and if your angry you shake a fist.

G. More Jedi and Sith. I loved how in the first Kotor it was like a FULL out war! In this one it should be that there is a little calm, and both armies have rebuilt to full power. Cause i love the fact of Training Grounds, and Academys. Thats so awesome

Sorry i had alot more ideas. But i got side tracked and forgot. So im going to replay both games and come up with amazing ideas. i will post more daily

ok i am going to post more that i posted in a recent post.

1. MMORPG ( some ppl might not like it, but HONESTLY the replay value would never stop ). You could pick between Sith-Jedi-Freelance WHATEVER! The highest level sith would be Sith Lords, and Highestlevel Jedi could be on a Jedi Council. I am sure that a MMORPG for Kotor would be the biggest thing in gaming HISTORY. I mean look at world of warcraft. One game that is just amazing! The gaming bus. already shows that MMORPGs( when made right ) are untopable. Now the downside to this is tiem in making the game. To make a GREAT storyline and a GREAT MMORPG would take more than a year or 2. But the reward would be more than enough. Your talking about Lucasarts, and Obsidian being known for making the best MMORPG in the world! To be a successful gaming bus. you need 2 be patient. That means NO rushing a game, and no overlooking little things. I know Lucasarts will tell when they want the game 2 be released, but barter as much as you can. I mean who is honestly making the game here?

2. GRAPHICS IS A MUST. ok now its a no doubt that the game will be made 2 be amazing because of XBOX360. But Honestly push it to the max. Make sure that people will say "Hey have you seen kotor3" "YEA, ITS AMAZING LOOKING". I dont have doubts that Obsidian will do their job on this

3. EXTRAS IN GAMEPLAY ( read all ). Now here is something that is a major need. Now look at Fable-Story lacked, but the Extras kept the game going. I mean you get scars, you can get tat's, and people act differently to your alignment. This is where Kotor3 can over pass the next Fable game. By making your character be able to get different hair, and being able to eat, and time and day changes, and AGE PROGRESSION. People actually do things. Or just lil things like that can be a OVERALL greater game. Ok now other extras i had in mind had 2 do with apprentices. Now im preety sure that Obsidian will do a better job on this, but honestly it needs 2 be pushed 2 MAX. What was a upset 2 me in Kotor2 was that from the begining of playing a StarWars game i wanted 2 be a Master and have an Apprentice. Now Obsidian did try to do this, but all you have to do is take a look at the movies and take examples from them. I mean when you get an Dark Jedi apprentice in Kotor3 they didnt change the way they acted AT ALL. I mean when i had handmaiden as an Dark Jedi apprentice she still got mad if i killed an innocent. That stuff jsut cant happen. I mean they didnt even change their dialog. No "yes master" or anything. A apprentice should be so defensive of their Master its freaky. They should bow, and show their respect. They should start 2 learn. You didnt rlly train ur apprentices in kotor3, all you got was extra dialog. And for some reason just from a simple convo they become your apprentice straight off. Their needs 2 be research on this, and i know if Obsidian packed down on this one thing it will make a HUGE difference. Now you need 2 have something where anybody can become your apprentice ( i know that might be tough, but just think it through ). That means that if say someone at a Sith Temple rejects someone for training than you take him for your own. This needs 2 be thought out 2 the max. I cant waste this much time on just this one thing, but apprentices NEED to be apprentices.

Lightsaber Hilts- basicly enough said. But this needs 2 be unlimited amounts. I know they prob wont do the unlimited, but there needs 2 be customized hilts 2 the max. Where you will rarely see someone with the same hilt.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED- ok now there needs 2 be more training grounds for Sith and Jedi. Like Academy's, BUT the story needs 2 be so long that people can graduate and new ones are added DURING your time of play. Or not just graduate, but be sent to a different Academy. Say that you are a working to be Sith, and you enter an Academy and you are exp. enough and the Masters of the Academy wlould like you to take on a couple apprentices and train them as your own. Now that would be amazing. BUT you get to choose who to take! Not just they throw you anyone. You could pick the goodie goodie jedi apprentice, but you start to work on him and eventually he is an EVIL SITH! That would make any kid just smile that a game went this far to do this. Now like i was saying before this needs 2 progress. Like say you come back to the Academy to either drop off you apprentices and pick up new ones, or keep the one you had or STILL get a new one. In the end you could be training Elite Sith, or Jedi. BUT remember that students should graduate. So you come back one time and some kids arent there and new ones are.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#2- Looks should also progress. Now it shouldnt just be if your evil then you get Pale Wrinkly skin. I mean common i wanna be a sith, but i dont want 2 be ugly. Look at anakin. He looked angry all they time. In Fable if your guy was bad, then darnit he was bad. He would frown and look angery all the time. It shouldnt be that if your in a heated argument with someone all you guys do is shake your fist and then when its his time to talk all you do is nod your head and look away. Comon that is seld explainitory

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#3- Robes....duh. Now we arent just talking about making the hoods come up ( WHICH IS A MUST ). It means that we should be able to take them off like in the movies. Look at Darth Mauls robe. Now when i saw the door open and i saw him look up slowly and i saw those evil eyes THATS how i want my guy 2 look. Like when anakin was leaving a room in Episode 3 and he turned his head and you saw those evil eyes under the hood SIMPLY AMAZING! Or when he is standing near the railing and looking out to the volcanos he looked like that he was in constant pain ( THIS ALSO WILL BE BROUGHT UP IN THESE SUGGESTIONS ). And his body stance was just awesome. Everything from his sleeves to his shoes needs 2 be rendered to look like the movies.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#3- Now this kinda has to do with the story, but look how anakin turned to the Darkside. It was a major event in his life. There should be something like this in Kotor3. Where its SO big that you can see tears and stuff like Anakin. I mean after watching the starwars movies it kinda felt like Kotor2 wasnt a true star wars story plot. Not to diss on the game tho. I loved it, but it could have been better, but now there is a new fresh start, and a whole new graphics engine.

STORY CHOICES- OK now honestly not everyone is gonna wanna be Revan or Exile. Some people who play this game ( lets say cause there friend says its awesome ) may have never played kotor 1 and 2. And for people to appreciate Revan or Exile is gonna have to know their past. And even down to lil things which they would have 2 play. So i dont rlly think you should be able to be Revan or Exile. There are good sides and down sides to it tho. I mean all the work you did in the last game doesnt rlly effect it. BUT the story would prob be better if you were someone new.

--------

here is something i have come up with

Kotor1- better story

Kotor2- better extras

The key to this game is gonna be story!

-Matt

post your own!

Here is an idea I posted somewhere else incase of quick lock due to Suggestion Thread #6's over-the-limit quantity of pages.

Add a new main enemy in K3 other than Sith

Well, I guess K3 should take a change in it's repetitiveness of the first two games in the series of having the ultimate goal in those 2 games to fight the Sith and/or Jedi throughout the game in the never ending war of Light force users vs Dark force users.

Why not give the Sith a break and develop a brand new enemy, say an invading hostile alien force, or droid army, or invading supernatural Force ghosts curse, or invading demons from some hell in Star Wars, some virus like the flood from Halo with special morphing abilities, or

1. . You may fight Sith or (if you're playing Dark Side, Republic/Jedi as well for that matter) occasionally on side quests, but maybe both the Sith and the Jedi Council/Old Republic have to become temporary allies to defeat the new alien threat? Then after the threat has been defeated, you turn on each other at the very end as a twist or form a permanent alliance until the Clone War-era or something more creative.

The new threat has to be badass, with new ways of fighting other than force/lightsaber combo as the Sith and Jedi does. You may fight with your Force powers and lightsaber against... say a legion of plant-beast terentatek look-alikes that uses long tentacles to whip you, or heck, maybe soldiers from Earth using M-16 bullet projectile rifles at you that are unblockable by lightsaber (even though the beginning of Star Wars states that it takes place a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away from our place and time, but maybe we Earthlings delevop some teleportation device to travel through time in the near-future?), or some other more creative idea.

Alright, Here it goes:

I think that the next Kotor should have more Jedi-Like robes. The Robes in the First and second were okay, but especially in the second the robes that were good were like armor. I mean dont get me wrong they were kinda cool but Jedi Robes are jedi robes here. All I'm saying is that maybe some of the upgraded robes or whatever could look more like Jedi robes.

Also, I think that the whole influence thing was pretty neat, and I would really like to see how the creators of the next Kotor can improve upon that.

Now, I am just throwing this out here so dont get all upset here people but I also would not mind if the next Kotor didn't really tie into the first two at all, I mean it could be before, or even after but I think that the whole galaxy in turmoil after the two wars has been kinda beat. I guess I just would like to see something new and different, as in the storyline, but with the same kotor goodness at its heart.

Thanks for reading my ramblings...

Baldur's Gate 1 allows you to choose the color (at any point in the game) of your primary clothes and your secondary clothes.

Jedi robes are fine but also give us more say in what "regular" robes and regular clothing looks like. That would be cool.

Gloves and amulets, etc should be visible if equipped.

Lightsabers and other weapons are visible yet holstered when not actually in use.

C. To me Kotor2 did not really feel like Star Wars. Idk what it is, but after watching the Star Wars movies again i just felt like Kotor2 lacked. Thats my opinon
I don't necessarily agree, but I do feel like a planet from the movies would have been nice.

There are so many great ideas in this on going thread and I don't think they could fit it all into KOTOR 3. Maybe the "Holy Grail" (See the LucasArts interview) that LucasArts is currently working on is another Star Wars RPG that will incorporate many of the ideas that fans have. This is my on going suspicion because with the next-gen consoles fast approaching they want something fresh, like KOTOR 1 was for the original Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I do think that KOTOR 3 will be finished, but with all the buzz of Episode III: ROTS still circulating, LucasArts may push for a new series first.

A lot of people would love to play a game where you are a Jedi Master and/or a Padawan and do missions for the Jedi Council on Coruscant! It would be so awesome if you start out a game as a Padawan for the 25% of the game and then years pass by in game and you must face the Jedi trials to become a Jedi Knight. Then the last 50% of the game you become a Jedi Master and take on a Padawan.

Hell, for a three part series you could be a Padawan in game 1. Import your character into game 2 and play as a Jedi Knight, free from the bonds of your Master. Import your character into game 3 and play as a Jedi Master. Or just make it a three disc game with over 200 hours of gameplay or more! (Wishful dreaming here, :D)

In KOTOR 2 Kreia was the Exile's mentor, but there wasn't much of a Master/Padawan relationship like with Obi-Wan/Anakin. From reading all these posts, it's fair to assume that most people want that instead of giving the Handmaiden, Mira, Atton, the Discple, and Bao-Dur a crash course in the ways of the Force. A Master/Padawan relationship would deepen the story greatly. And the story is what makes Star Wars what it is today.

I don't necessarily agree, but I do feel like a planet from the movies would have been nice.

Good point, some core worlds would be kinda nice, the outer rim can get soo lonely :)

I think that the only core world in KOTOR III, should be Coruscant. Maybe have Korriban back so long as there are new areas. It's a vast planet and there must be more than a the five Sith Tombs we've seen in KOTOR 1 & 2.

New and possible returning planets that I would like to see are:

1.) Coruscant

2.) Yavin IV

3.) Old Mantell

4.) Korriban (new areas)

5.) Dxun/Onderon (new areas)

6.) Possibly the Jedi Academy on Telos with actual Padawans (plus new sub-levels).

7.) Possibly Haruun Kal (the planet the Mace Windu is from)

My feelings on Kashyyyk and Tattooine are, been there - done that. I just don't see any more reasons to visit those two planets. If anyone has ideas for those two post them. So mainly it should be Coruscant and planets beyond the Outer Rim in unknown space where Revan and the Exile are located.

K im a newbie and i started a new forum.. man ppl get angry.

anywhoo this is what i said :

Ok so I have both KOTOR I and II. Ive been a huge fan but I got really disappointed with all the bugs in II. OBSIDIAN IF U ARE MAKING KOTOR III MAKE IT INCREDIBLE.

1. Way better graphics because the graphics havent improved at all since Kotor I.

SO MAKE IT FOR X360 and not for Xbox.

2. Better love interest storylines like Bastila and Revan not Visas or Handmaiden because those never went anywhere and really weren't as interesting.

3. A longer game that is larger mapwise.

4. If bringing older characters back in the game. Make sure that you get back the original voice actors.

And Finally

5. Make a suspenseful and rewarding storyline that ties the three games together.

(the hardest one i think)

Customization of your face, like they're doing for TES IV: Oblivion. More animations. More feats and force powers so the d20 rules won't get boring. More lightsaber hilts. Longer and better story. Party members have more history. I want to know how old they are, what race they are, what planet they came from and how they ended up with me. Less load times, maybe have everything connect and the game loads seamlessly every once in awhile like when you're getting onto the ebon hawk. You actually walk on it, instead of walking half way and than a loading screen pops up and you're in the hawk. That's all I can think of for now. I know I'm asking for alot but this is what I want in the game but I doubt we'll see it make it into the game.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Maybe the "Holy Grail" (See the LucasArts interview) that LucasArts is currently working on is another Star Wars RPG that will incorporate many of the ideas that fans have. 

Interesting article. I'd never read that one before. Although I don't see where it says they're working on a new RPG. He just comments about them working on the Indiana Jones game, and a new Star Wars game (but doesn't refer to it as a RPG).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Personally i would like to see some timed stuff. Actions happen 1 hr after landing on a planet with no char influence. that sort of thing me and meta went over it earlier in another thread. Also i would like to see somthing come of the romances. i mean in Kotor 1 the best you could do is kiss. 2 didn't even get that far. Also i think that tossing in a child somewhere might add a new dynamic to the game. Or you could break it in half... Have half the game be with the parent and based on the parent's role model the second half will be based around the child. If the parent was sith you play out the child either trying to break his father's empire, or trying to make it impossible to break.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Personally i would like to see some timed stuff. Actions happen 1 hr after landing on a planet with no char influence. that sort of thing me and meta went over it earlier in another thread. Also i would like to see somthing come of the romances. i mean in Kotor 1 the best you could do is kiss. 2 didn't even get that far. Also i think that tossing in a child somewhere might add a new dynamic to the game. Or you could break it in half... Have half the game be with the parent and based on the parent's role model the second half will be based around the child. If the parent was sith you play out the child either trying to break his father's empire, or trying to make it impossible to break.

very intresting idea. Wouldn't be half bad if it tied in with the story either. It would also increase how long the game is as well. If Obsidian will take time on this one and make the game longer that would be great.

very intresting idea. Wouldn't be half bad if it tied in with the story either. It would also increase how long the game is as well. If Obsidian will take time on this one and make the game longer that would be great.

No I have to work, I can't sit around waiting for things to happen. And what if I go do something else? Does the timer for this event pause when I'm idle?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

basically if you have x# of hours PLAYTIME, not real time otherwise there would be a lot of missing events, Under your belt somthing happens. Like Wookies taking over tattoine or sum such

hit escape or just save and exit the game before you leave. and it doesn't need your char to be there it just happens and you have to deal with the consiquences. the other thread explains it better.

I would like to see the random loot generator go poof bye bye. In fact, I would like to see the opposite replace it. If you are going to keep track of each individual enemy(ie:no respawning in kotor2)you might as well keep track of the items they carry, containers you find, and purchased items in specfic areas.

Have a couple animation sequences that show enemy items being destroyed by attacks when you dont want our characters to pick up every item the enemy may be using against us(ie:show light saber hacking a blaster rifle in half). Lobbing grenades or setting mines should be rewarded w/broken items too.

Just keep a few characters like HK, T3, Bastila, Mira, Mandalore, and Dustil instead of giving us so many to choose from that we stop caring about how they level up. I wouldn't mind making Dustil the newbie because he has had some sith training and is moldable for kotor3 or Mira, but we have to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile.

I will probably piss off alot of gamers(except pc'ers) with this final thought. Make kotor3 a title for xbox 360...better graphics, better engine, problem solved.

I want the random loot generator, but I want it to be a little less random.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I want the random loot generator, but I want it to be a little less random.

Random loot, yes, but as random as in KotOR2. A specific enemy should always carry the same stuff, particularly for bosses you fight during the game.

I also hate that enemies use stuff against you, but you can't pick it up after they're dead - if they used it against you, then surely they have it?!?! As they say, all good role-playing is based on the moral practice of grave-robbery :)

I want the random loot to make sense, though. What sense is there in finding Bindo's Robe of Impervious or whatever in Visquis' lair on Nar Shaddaa? I won't accuse KotOR2 of being as silly as swarms of locusts dropping massive plate armors in Diablo 2, but still...

And the random factor should accumulate - if you could have found something rare in one area and didn't, then the chance of finding something rare should increase for the next time you might.