Main K3 enemy other than Sith?

Eddo36

Are you tired of fighting Sith or Jedi?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of fighting Sith or Jedi?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but I wanna be fighting new enemies as well.

Well, I guess K3 should take a change in it's repetitiveness of the first two games in the series of having the ultimate goal in those 2 games to fight the Sith and/or Jedi throughout the game in the never ending war of Light force users vs Dark force users.

Why not give the Sith a break and develop a brand new enemy, say an invading hostile alien force, or droid army, or invading supernatural Force ghosts curse, or invading demons from some hell in Star Wars, some virus like the flood from Halo with special morphing abilities, or

1. . You may fight Sith or (if you're playing Dark Side, Republic/Jedi as well for that matter) occasionally on side quests, but maybe both the Sith and the Jedi Council/Old Republic have to become temporary allies to defeat the new alien threat? Then after the threat has been defeated, you turn on each other at the very end as a twist or form a permanent alliance until the Clone War-era or something more creative.

The new threat has to be badass, with new ways of fighting other than force/lightsaber combo as the Sith and Jedi does. You may fight with your Force powers and lightsaber against... say a legion of plant-beast terentatek look-alikes that uses long tentacles to whip you, or heck, maybe soldiers from Earth using M-16 bullet projectile rifles at you that are unblockable by lightsaber (even though the beginning of Star Wars states that it takes place a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away from our place and time, but maybe we Earthlings delevop some teleportation device to travel through time in the near-future?), or some other more creative idea.

That might be who Revan went to combat. Thoughts?

If you are talking about a *trilogy* in the pre-Palps era, then the antagonist will probably have to be "the Sith" in one fashion or other.

However, if the game is not part of a trilogy, then you could be going after all kinds of brushfires such as organized crime, insurrections on certain planets, etc.

Some might say this is too much like Jedi Knight. I say it could easily be done as a true RPG. Just need to get an RPG developer like Obsidian to do it.

the Krath Holy sect are just a splinter of the sith but hey, you can still have them.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, I guess K3 should take a change in it's repetitiveness of the first two games in the series of having the ultimate goal in those 2 games to fight the Sith and/or Jedi throughout the game in the never ending war of Light force users vs Dark force users.

Why not give the Sith a break and develop a brand new enemy, say an invading hostile alien force, or droid army, or invading supernatural Force ghosts curse, or invading demons from some hell in Star Wars, some virus like the flood from Halo with special morphing abilities, or

1. . You may fight Sith or (if you're playing Dark Side, Republic/Jedi as well for that matter) occasionally on side quests, but maybe both the Sith and the Jedi Council/Old Republic have to become temporary allies to defeat the new alien threat? Then after the threat has been defeated, you turn on each other at the very end as a twist or form a permanent alliance until the Clone War-era or something more creative.

The new threat has to be badass, with new ways of fighting other than force/lightsaber combo as the Sith and Jedi does. You may fight with your Force powers and lightsaber against... say a legion of plant-beast terentatek look-alikes that uses long tentacles to whip you, or heck, maybe soldiers from Earth using M-16 bullet projectile rifles at you that are unblockable by lightsaber (even though the beginning of Star Wars states that it takes place a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away from our place and time, but maybe we Earthlings delevop some teleportation device to travel through time in the near-future?), or some other more creative idea.

That might be who Revan went to combat. Thoughts?

He's goiong to be the "true" Sith.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Or, to kindof take your idea alittle, since both the Jedi Order and the Sith have been severely weakened in the last two games, in the next KOTOR you could still have this "NEW" enemy that you speak of but your character, whether light or dark, could be battling this new foe, along with either jedi or sith, in an attempt to rebuild either the {Sith} or {Jedi} academies. I dont know if that made sense but i think It would be kinda kewl

Krath worship the dark demon god, Krath.

They incorpated Sith training but They have different ideas about the Force.

They are more like the Traditionial Satanism that they are secretive and brutal also they worship a dark deity.

Sith are more like the Church of Satan. The Church Of Satan and Sith are both personal and spiritual Freedom and the ass kissing of oneself.

The 'true Sith' may be the ruling faction of their part of the galaxy, but I doubt that they are the only species or culture within it. Many worlds may have been conquered, leading to factions similar to what the Mandalorians, the Wookies, the Twileks, etc. are to the Republic. So there are many opportunities for varied badass enemies, depending on which planet of that galaxy is visited.

The Krath were a religious sect origionally birthed under Seto and Allema Keto, the heir's to the throne of the empress teta system. This came about because the two went to Corecant and somehow got in contact with the spirit of Freedon Nadd. HE taught them rudimentary sith power's. Afterwords they converted Ulic Qel-Droma who promply killed Seto and Joined Exar Kun in his bid for power. Exar Kun used his sith amulet to destroy the sould of Freedon Nadd. Allema was killed when she made the entire Cron Drift (a cluster of about 40 stars) go nova at the same time. this wiped out Ossus and Ultimatly caused Exar Kun's downfall because of the ensuing battle between Ulic and Cay Qel-Droma.

With all that said i Summarize it in two sentances. The Krath were destroyed in the Sith War. Their god was Freedon Nadd.

So there....

But a resurrection might be in order to make the plot work

statement: I have a recovered memory about the true sith, master.

"A Large contingents of the Jedi Knights obsessed with the dark side of the Force were expelled from the Old Republic. After wandering for some time, they came across the humanoid beings known as the Sith and enslaved the species. The dark siders then became known as the Lords of the Sith. For the next several thousand years, their empire would thrive and grow. During this time, the fallen Jedi also began experimenting on their subjects, converting many Sith into deadly Massassi warriors."

Massassi Order

statement:  I have a  recovered memory about the true sith, master.

"A Large contingents of the Jedi Knights obsessed with the dark side of the Force were expelled from the Old Republic. After wandering for some time, they came across the humanoid beings known as the Sith and enslaved the species. The dark siders then became known as the Lords of the Sith. For the next several thousand years, their empire would thrive and grow. During this time, the fallen Jedi also began experimenting on their subjects, converting many Sith into deadly Massassi warriors."

Massassi Order

Hack Hack Cough Cough the massassi were anniahlated during the Sith War when the Jedi Purged Yavin 4 to kill Exar Kun. He took every ounce of Life force from them to bolster his own so his soul would survive. I would guess that Kreia means that you are true sith because you don't have the same source of ability. you steal otherpeoples force resovoir(?) to get your power. thus you make them powerless, only problem is you kill them at the same time.

KOTOR as a setting is about Sith vs Jedi.  If you don't want to play Jedi vs Sith, then play something other than KOTOR.

Is it? I'm seriously asking, because I'm not a big fan of the TotJ comics and thus don't really know what conflicts took place there, other than the raw basics.

Weren't there other factions warring with the Republic other than Sith and Dark Jedi during that time period?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well During the period the Republic wan't all inclusive. there were still states that hadn't become part of the republic. But there wern't very many, Primairly people wouldn't go up against the republic because there were SO MANY jedi. also the Sith had a much easier time hiding because for each system there was one jedi covering it as a peace keeper. so they hid until they were ready then struck. usually in a cliche fashon but hey what can you do.

Well During the period the Republic wan't all inclusive. there were still states that hadn't become part of the republic. But there wern't very many, Primairly people wouldn't go up against the republic because there were SO MANY jedi. also the Sith had a much easier time hiding because for each system there was one jedi covering it as a peace keeper. so they hid until they were ready then struck. usually in a cliche fashon but hey what can you do.

I think the idea of more localized threats (Sith or no) would be great for this franchise.

If they continue doing trilogies, they need to have the BG ability to export your PC to the next game.

There is alot to be said for self-contained stories, IMO.

There aren't any Jedi left though, well at least they are scattered, so uprisings would become more commonplace, especially with the strength of the republic weakened as much as it has become. I mean I know that Bastila and Carth Are keeping order in the Galaxy or whatever(Light side storyline in KOTOR@) but it has weakened alot so some groups may see that as a weakness.

O yea, Aren't the Jedi of the "Old Republic" supposed to be alot better too? I haven't read any of the books based pre- movies so I was just curious.

they are far more militaristic and more integrated into the government then the ones of the "current" era. But they do do the wierdest things like blocking a lightsaber with a stick or a sword :geek:

But the Jedi are very good at combat and using the force to manipulate things. but they suck at being surprised. One of the most powerful jedi was killed by a droid during an attack on a "Jedi Convention"(aka every single jedi who could be there was there i think there was well over 3 million but hey who knows.)

well the thing is dispite insinuations by the devs the "true" sith were wiped out at the end of the great hyperspace war. the last of their kind were genetically mutated into the Massassi and they all got wiped out by Exar Kun/Jedi. Kotor meets continuity, things break.