You wake up as your twelve year old self

Reveilled

No offence to my esteemed fellow boardmember Kaftan, but I think this one might provide some more varied responses than the woman one, especially because different responders would wake up in different years.

So, you wake up as yourself one day after your 12th birthday (you have bigger things to worry about than your presents). You retain all memory of everything that has happened since that time, and in order to expand possible answers, your 'muscle memory' is altered to fit your younger and smaller body (meaning that you can perform any physical tasks, like a martial art, without having the problem that you remember having longer limbs and such).

What would you do?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

(there you get for being unimaginative in my thread)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oh, come on, you can do better than that! I'm in 1999, so I'd make a priority of preventing 9/11, I'd place a large and very specific bet on the US Presidential election, I'd maybe use my apparent ability to predict the future to start a cult based around worship of me, and lots of other things.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Oh, come on, you can do better than that!  I'm in 1999, so I'd make a priority of preventing 9/11

Odd that you would mention that. A year before 911, a young man went to the main NY office of the FBI and said that islamic terrorists were planning to hijack airplanes to run them into the worl trade center. The FBI had no way to verify this story so it was never investigated.

..so much for going back in time to change things :-"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

yeah well for me, being 12 yo goes back further than 1999, so a lot more sh1t to remember. I'd use my knowledge to be the big fish in a small pond.

I wouldnt prevent anything because i dont know the alternative outcomes.

Your cult idea might sound good but you'd have to remember a lot of stuff in detail and you'd be scuppered once you returned to 2005.

Spam these boards like a mofo. Ergo, option numero Baley.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I would wake up December 15th 1992. I would go to school and then hurry home as fast as I could to play the first Alone in the Dark on my new 386 33mHz SX with 4mb RAM

...which was what I did IRL

Fret myself into a stupor worrying about preserving the timeline and the grandfather paradox.

I would choose a single career and focus on achieving it, rather than waiting until I popped out of university to wonder what in the world I might be qualified to do. :-

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

So I'd wake up in the US, at Boarding school?

Bet on Regan to win the election (though I'd have to get in early because he was always looking the favourite); bet on Australia II winning the America's Cup from the New York Yacht Club, invent the text-parsing internet browser and therefore the World Wide Web; read a lot more ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So, you wake up as yourself one day after your 12th birthday (you have bigger things to worry about than your presents).  You retain all memory of everything that has happened since that time, and in order to expand possible answers, your 'muscle memory' is altered to fit your younger and smaller body (meaning that you can perform any physical tasks, like a martial art, without having the problem that you remember having longer limbs and such).

I would get totally depressed knowing I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

... I would choose a single career and focus on achieving it, rather than waiting until I popped out of university to wonder what in the world I might be qualified to do. :-

Yes, I agree with Flatus, too.

This is one of the single biggest issues that experience can help with.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

yeah well for me, being 12 yo goes back further than 1999, so a lot more sh1t to remember. I'd use my knowledge to be the big fish in a small pond.

Your cult idea might sound good but you'd have to remember a lot of stuff in detail and you'd be scuppered once you returned to 2005.

Remember stuff in detail? What makes you think that? As long as I'm fairly specific, and correct most of the time, I'll end up with the largest cult in history. Most cult leaders do well with extremely vague and inaccurate predictions, so I'll be batting a proverbial thousand with something fairly specific and accurate. Once I get to 2005, I'd like to think that my cultists would at least have the decency to brainwash themselves into blind obedience and indoctrination such that they'll twist my now inaccurate predictions into shaky interpretations that hold up the fundamental pillar of their beliefs. Bwhahahaha.

Is anyone back far enough to buy the penny shares of a tiny firm known as Microsoft?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Remember stuff in detail? What makes you think that? As long as I'm fairly specific, and correct most of the time, I'll end up with the largest cult in history. Most cult leaders do well with extremely vague and inaccurate predictions, so I'll be batting a proverbial thousand with something fairly specific and accurate. Once I get to 2005, I'd like to think that my cultists would at least have the decency to brainwash themselves into blind obedience and indoctrination such that they'll twist my now inaccurate predictions into shaky interpretations that hold up the fundamental pillar of their beliefs. Bwhahahaha.

Is anyone back far enough to buy the penny shares of a tiny firm known as Microsoft?

No, but I could invest in Apple. :lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

12th birthday? Does it really have to be twelve? I think I'd rather throw myself under a truck than go through my teenage years over again.

Well, let's see... that would make it 1987 and I'd be in grade 6 at the Casablanca American School in Morocco.

Gods. *shudder*

Well, first I'd change my entire wardrobe, because my fashion sense was horrible even for the 80s.

Then I'd probably get to work on writing Harry Potter before JK Rowling got a chance to.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I'd stop reading comics that instant and get to know more people outside my neighborhood. Start learning martial arts and have a hoot going through puberty again. I'd learn all kinds of stuff prematurely before getting insane grades from college. Get lai...fitter and stronger.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds