Have copious amount of cash, need gaymz!!

Yea you are right, they do feel extremely archaic and dated now, but theyre classics and are basically just fun to mess about on, plus if it is a game where I enjoy the gameplay, then i can sit and play this game for hours on end....but theres me easily interested by most things with bright lights :D .

I suggest All of the Broken Sword games, Broken Sword 1 being the best; longest game, best locations and storyline.

I agree about the Broken Sword ones, but 1 and 2 are quite old. I recommend buying 3 first, and if you find you like the characters, get 1 and 2 and learn the backstory.

I disagree about Broken Sword. I played the demo of 3, and it annoyed me so much I uninstalled it before getting out of the plane.

It was pure tedium. You may find it interesting if you like the Myst series, then again, I think Myst was better than this (but that's like being the best Cricket team in Antartica).

You see, thats why I don't endorse BS3 as the flagship Broken Sword title because it gives the brand a bad image. I sincerely hope your not judging the first two games without playing them sir!

I would certainly not make a pre-judgement; no -- I am quite willing to try them first. They did get rave reviews, IIRC, so they deserve that, at least. (I am quite fond of adventures ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That looks rather wow. Like in "damn awesome" rather than World of WC.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have the original game, but if I remember right it was a pain to install even in DOS ... what does the emulator do?  Maybe I can actually play it again...

Its easy as pie to install and play with the SCUMM emulator, in fact you dont really have to install it. Just place it on somewhere on the HD and you're good to go.

I've been a bit shy of introducing some of the DOS-only games to my newer machine since Callahan's Crosstime Saloon did some nasty dance all over Win98. I'll give it a shot.

Check out the sys req's from the game box for some nostalgia:

386DX-25 (486 recommended)

4 MB of RAM or greater

VGA graphic adapter

MPC-rated sound card

MPC-rated CD-Rom drive

Mouse

MS-Dos ver 5.0 or higher

This game will run through Windows but is not recommended-->(LOL!)

There is an ending its what is known as an open-ending, or more commonly known as a cliffhanger. If there wasn't an ending we'd still be playing it now....

Just because the game finishes, does not an ending make.

You are confusing a stopping of further progress with a written and directed conclusion to a story (remember a story needs a beginning, a middle and an end!)

:thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There is an ending its what is known as an open-ending, or more commonly known as a cliffhanger. If there wasn't an ending we'd still be playing it now....

Just because the game finishes, does not an ending make.

You are confusing a stopping of further progress with a written and directed conclusion to a story (remember a story needs a beginning, a middle and an end!)

:thumbsup:

Well it wrapped things up in a sense, it might not have resolved too much but why should it? I mean Kreia more or less pushes the Exile's hand towards helping Revan which ever way he/she might choose. creating more sith to aid him or in fact go himself or even keeping out of the way (going into exile). You should use your imagination.

I do agree that it could have been done in a much more professional (and less rushed way) but it doesn't mean that the events haven't transpired and would quite easily work if there were to be a follow on plot. (Consult LOTR:Two towers for a similar ending, with gollum in two minds eg.)

No! There is a difference between writing a conclusion and leaving the story untold, and this game was unfinished. Need I detail AGAIN the party members -- the NPCs we spent 40+ hours meeting, influnecing and generally trying to empathise with, only to have them ... what?

What exactly happened to all of them?

That is not a conclusion!

And the big difference with K2 and LotR: Two Towers and even ESB is that in both those films, the third had been written (at least in some detail, for ESB, and completely for fifty years, with LotR), so although there was a cliff-hanger, the subplots were summarised before the end of the film and so we -- the audience -- didn't have to "use our imagination" to work ou what happened to them.

If we're going to "use our imagination", why bother geting the game at all? I can imagaine a whole bunch better than a mere video game can deliver: I can lucid dream about flying, and there is no computer in the world that can give me that sensation.

In other words, your argument is specious.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No! There is a difference between writing a conclusion and leaving the story untold, and this game was unfinished. Need I detail AGAIN the party members -- the NPCs we spent 40+ hours meeting, influnecing and generally trying to empathise with, only to have them ... what?

What exactly happened to all of them?

That is not a conclusion!

And the big difference with K2 and LotR: Two Towers and even ESB is that in both those films, the third had been written (at least in some detail, for ESB, and completely for fifty years, with LotR), so although there was a cliff-hanger, the subplots were summarised before the end of the film and so we -- the audience -- didn't have to "use our imagination" to work ou what happened to them.

If we're going to "use our imagination", why bother geting the game at all? I can imagaine a whole bunch better than a mere video game can deliver: I can lucid dream about flying, and there is no computer in the world that can give me that sensation.

In other words, your argument is specious.

If you say so, but yours is presumptuous. Due to the fact that you will not hear anyone else's take on matters, you may say you do but how can you claim to know what Tolkien did or did not do whilst writing LOTR, he may have changed it considerably by the time he was nearing the end its speculation and as such we can only assume that KOTOR 3 could quite easily wrap plot holes up in the same way Tolkien MIGHT have. If things don't make sense in Kotor 3 then I will hold my hands up.

For now we just have to take what was said in Kotor II and think on it.

Also why do you play any games at all if you can imagine any better? like you have just stated.

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL!

It might be kind of hard to find though, it was in production for a month or so, it flopped so hard because of Ubisoft's advertising blunder that it's price was cut in half after that.

Beyond Good & Evil is a great platformer hybrid game (only 79 SEK, or ~10.24 USD) but it's also kind of weird.

Not hard at all. And it's cheap as hell!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL!

It might be kind of hard to find though, it was in production for a month or so, it flopped so hard because of Ubisoft's advertising blunder that it's price was cut in half after that.

Beyond Good & Evil is a great platformer hybrid game (only 79 SEK, or ~10.24 USD) but it's also kind of weird.

Not hard at all. And it's cheap as hell!

Easy to find in Swedish Warehouse stores, hard to find practically everywhere else. :)

now you see games be much much cheaper over there than here. In america we get prices byond belief. also the games are more difficult to find.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yo son, y u b trippin? Homes is chillin and bein real for a minnit n den u all up in his face, "fo reel" dis and "fo reel" dat. U need to step off or imma havta handle my bidness y'heard?

btw arent old games cheap in the US? On release i'd bet that games in the UK are the most expensive - as per bloody usual. <_<

ahhhh slang(often used by african's) talk... Watch out they are going to mug this poor little WASP. (white anglo-saxon Prodestant

yes... according to some people the words are completly different because one is used in friendship while the other is used as a derogitory.