Have copious amount of cash, need gaymz!!

Ok, so Ive just been paid a handsome sum and that money must be well spent so Im prowling my retailer for games but I dont know what to buy really anymore.

Ive played all BIS games, all Bio and all of Troikas and even two desperate flops into the POS games that are Gothic and Divine Divinity. I dont know where to go from here :thumbsup: I guess Ive pretty much drained the PC RPG genre so maybe I should look into adventure games or things like that? I pretty much like anything that has a good story.

Any tips?

AND PC ONLY. CONSOLES ARE EVIL.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

For starters:

Mafia

The Longest Journey

Act of War

WH40K: Dawn of War

Thief 3

Silent Storm + Expansion

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What type of games do you enjoy?

I recommend:

Freedom Force and Freedom Force 2.

Tribes

Half Life and Half Life 2 (even if you don't care for FPS games)

Civ 3

Evil Genius

GTA:SA

Arx Fatalis

And The Fall is supposed to be getting an English release I do believe.

Rome is better! (The only thing it lacks is zoomable naval battles.)

It's sorta like civ on the turn-based main screen, then you can zoom into the RTS battles. Oh, and one of the units is a bunch of boar, which are great to use against the Cartheginian Elephants, once you set them on fire!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Have you played NwN? The platinum pack (i.e. both the SoU and HotU included) is about the same price as a normal game.

Play the OC if you want, but the best stuff is in the community hall of fame, imo.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I usually dont like RTS games. I did play WH40K because I dabbed a bit with the figure game in my teens but I never finished it. Freedom Force is labeled as an RPG at my retailer but its a pesuod-RTS sort of like the classic X-com correct?

Ill be getting "the longest journey" and I also see that "Bard's tale" has been released for PC, is it any good?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

In the vein of metadigital's suggestion: have you pounded nails through your genitalia? It would be just about as entertaining as NWN.

I kid, I kid.

You'd rather pound nails through your genitalia than play NWN.

edit: Ho, ho, censorship for the win!

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Don't get the new Bard's Tale just released on PC. PC Format Review: "A victim of its own sneers, this is the world's first self-paodying game." 45% (Get this if you like: Pyst, Bored of the Rings, National Lampoon's Chess Maniac 5 Billion and 1.)

Psychonauts has great reviews.

Boiling Point is aparently: "Simultaneously fascinating and flawed, it's the definition of high maintenance." 81% (Get this if you like: GTA: Vice City, Vampire: Bloodlines, Far Cry.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

OOohh.. Boiling Point looks kind of neat. Psychonauts PC is yet to be released

Do they have a relase date yet? :huh:

Btw, what about Beyond Good and Evil ?

Get Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, and if at all possible its Alien Crossfire expansion. SMAC is, quite simply, the best of all turn-based strategy computer games except possibly Colonisation. Plus, it is cheap. Buy it now.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Ooh...Boiling Point has just gotten a 80 MB patch.

Linky.

And The Bard's Tale sounds kinda neat,I've heard some very good things...

"Call us fussy, but we prefer our RPGs to involve some role-playing and our comedies to contain, well, comeddy." PC Format Issue 176, July 2005, p90.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I cant think of an online store I shop at that DOESNT list games by genre :huh: problem is that you never know the stinkers from the hits.

And I didnt like Deus Ex very much.