Kotor3: Suggestions and Ideas

XboxSithLord

I thought the other one was getting very crowded, so if it is ok with the mods i would like to start a fresh new one.

After all that here are some of my own Suggestions that i hope will be read BY the devs, and im not wasting my time here.

1. ~~Customized Almost Everything~~

Basicly the name of the title says enough. From your robes to lightsaber hilts.

A. I'm sure that alot of people will agree with me when i say that the robes in Kotor3 were lacking. It felt like to me that the robes felt like homeless peoples rags. I mean it looked like someone just took off bedsheets and put them on. It made the player look fat, and if you gave it to one of your party members they would just look completly deformed. I mean it sagged and just honestly didn't look right. You should be able to take the robe off to teh under robe, or leave it on and look amazing like Darth Maul, or Darth Sideous

B. Character looks is another thing that im sure everyone will want upgraded for the next KOTOR. It shouldn't be a sloppy put together of look customization either. It needs to be well put together. I can't stress how many times i have played a game where the player customize just looked so horriable. If you put a kind of hair you want with a face that looks good than it just looks bad. There is a downside to this though. That means that each story will be made with all different looking people, and if not down right then there will be glitches. There also needs to be reactions to the way you look. They can't just have everyone react to the same if there was oen person that was overweight and one that was skinny. There needs to be a difference of peoples reactions to the looks. Something else about character looks is the look of people if they go bad or good. I was upset that if i wanted to be evil than he ended up looking like a pale old man, but when you wanted to be good he looked like a Model. Comon that should be different, but i am not saying that there should be no difference in the bad or good looks either. I am just saying that if someone wants to be bad then there guy looks liek someone who hasn't known what a shower is all their life.

C. I am sure the devs have heard this enough, but DIFFERENT RACES FOR BOTH NPC's AND PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. I know that the story will be totally switched, but thats why you hire teams to work on different peoples stories. Not just everyone working on the game. BUT in this you can't make the humans story lacking and the aliens completly amazing. There needs to completly different things. Different party memebers. And maybe even some different planet visits.

D. Hilts is a customizing MUST! I am sure that this wont be over looked, but dont jsut make it simple as only hilts. Bring it down to the color (make it look dashing!). Look at Darth Sideous's lightsaber. That is something that i would like to have in the game, but something rare like that can't just be made straight off.

****Commenters ADD to the one above on a reply so we can keep everything together, and not just thrown together suggestions that the devs will have trouble reading. Just put something simple (say you have another idea for customizing. Than simply put this ~Customized~ then add what you would like to also be customized. Very simple to read and keeps everything intact.****

2. ~~Story and Extras~~

Lets make it a story that is strong through the WHOLE game.

A. The story needs to be something that wont fall apart. I am sorry to say, but Kotor2's story just was weak towards the end of the game. It started off decent, but was struggling through the finish line. We need something that eveyone will enjoy, and that has so much replay value that its amazing. Or even a choice of what you would like to play. Cause honestly not everyone wants to be Revan AGAIN, or The Exile AGAIN. We want something fresh, but not someone who is weak. Cause you can't just let us be Revan, or The Exile if we have never played the game before. I mean comon...that doesnt happen. How stupid would it be that if you made the character Revan, and they make him so that even people who havent played the game can be him. Thats dumb, there is a story for a reason correct? And the story shouldn't be broken up just becasue people haven't played the game.

B. I posted this in a different thread, but i still think its a good idea to have some characteristics like in Fable. Wouldn't that be cool if you could have tat's, or you age through out the game. Like say your character was someone like Darth Maul. Wouldn't that be cool to have those tat's, instead of just marks on the face that dont cover the whole body. Or even add in some weird star wars stuff...lol i say the devs watch all the movies over, and then i am sure that they will think of something creative.

C. To me Kotor2 did not really feel like Star Wars. Idk what it is, but after watching the Star Wars movies again i just felt like Kotor2 lacked. Thats my opinon

D. Tougher Sith and Jedi. I mean comon. We are fighting people that are supposed to train since birth, but they die in seconds. Im not saying where they are unbeatable, but lil harder. I can understand in Kotor1 because i mean you are a sith lord and all, but just a little harder would make the game exciting.

E. In BOTH KOTOR games i felt like i was working to become something, an RIGHT when i became it then it was over....Ok i worked the whole game to become a Sith Lord. Then atleast let me play as one. How AMAZING would that be to play as a Sith Lord, or as part as the Jedi Council. See thats where you add in the age progression. Cause then you wont be a 25 yearold Sith Lord. So by the time you become a Sith Lord or Jedi Master then you will be a higher age so not to through off the IMPORTANCE of those titles. Now back to the topic...In both games ALL we got from EVERYTHING was a movie. It felt liek the Story just turns off. So for this one i think it would be cool if the game continued for a long LONG while. I know that will be tough, but think of how awesome it would be. Don't be lazy. You MUST be patient to make a good game, and everyone will be rewarded to it. Do WHAT you have to do to make the game like no other, and absolutly terrific!

F. This one is gonna be dedicated to Fighting, and the ones in blue. Ok i've heard this one around and i completly agree-Cracking Lightsabers! I remember back to the movies where you see their lightsabers collide and they just star at each other and that noise just makes the scene. I mean we are Jedi-Sith right? We should be able to have noise of our lightsaber right?

More fighting moves, and lets actually see some crazy moves. Not just a little rendering to the old ones. Take a look at the fights in Episode 3.

More force powers (a must), but also when making higher force powers, dont make them so right when we get them the game is almost over.

More EMOTIONAL in fighting. Not just little angry eyes. Lets see a full out emotion like in the movies

More EMOTIONAL in general. Not just a little nodding heads, and if your angry you shake a fist.

G. More Jedi and Sith. I loved how in the first Kotor it was like a FULL out war! In this one it should be that there is a little calm, and both armies have rebuilt to full power. Cause i love the fact of Training Grounds, and Academys. Thats so awesome

Sorry i had alot more ideas. But i got side tracked and forgot. So im going to replay both games and come up with amazing ideas. i will post more daily

ok i am going to post more that i posted in a recent post.

1. MMORPG ( some ppl might not like it, but HONESTLY the replay value would never stop ). You could pick between Sith-Jedi-Freelance WHATEVER! The highest level sith would be Sith Lords, and Highestlevel Jedi could be on a Jedi Council. I am sure that a MMORPG for Kotor would be the biggest thing in gaming HISTORY. I mean look at world of warcraft. One game that is just amazing! The gaming bus. already shows that MMORPGs( when made right ) are untopable. Now the downside to this is tiem in making the game. To make a GREAT storyline and a GREAT MMORPG would take more than a year or 2. But the reward would be more than enough. Your talking about Lucasarts, and Obsidian being known for making the best MMORPG in the world! To be a successful gaming bus. you need 2 be patient. That means NO rushing a game, and no overlooking little things. I know Lucasarts will tell when they want the game 2 be released, but barter as much as you can. I mean who is honestly making the game here?

2. GRAPHICS IS A MUST. ok now its a no doubt that the game will be made 2 be amazing because of XBOX360. But Honestly push it to the max. Make sure that people will say "Hey have you seen kotor3" "YEA, ITS AMAZING LOOKING". I dont have doubts that Obsidian will do their job on this

3. EXTRAS IN GAMEPLAY ( read all ). Now here is something that is a major need. Now look at Fable-Story lacked, but the Extras kept the game going. I mean you get scars, you can get tat's, and people act differently to your alignment. This is where Kotor3 can over pass the next Fable game. By making your character be able to get different hair, and being able to eat, and time and day changes, and AGE PROGRESSION. People actually do things. Or just lil things like that can be a OVERALL greater game. Ok now other extras i had in mind had 2 do with apprentices. Now im preety sure that Obsidian will do a better job on this, but honestly it needs 2 be pushed 2 MAX. What was a upset 2 me in Kotor2 was that from the begining of playing a StarWars game i wanted 2 be a Master and have an Apprentice. Now Obsidian did try to do this, but all you have to do is take a look at the movies and take examples from them. I mean when you get an Dark Jedi apprentice in Kotor3 they didnt change the way they acted AT ALL. I mean when i had handmaiden as an Dark Jedi apprentice she still got mad if i killed an innocent. That stuff jsut cant happen. I mean they didnt even change their dialog. No "yes master" or anything. A apprentice should be so defensive of their Master its freaky. They should bow, and show their respect. They should start 2 learn. You didnt rlly train ur apprentices in kotor3, all you got was extra dialog. And for some reason just from a simple convo they become your apprentice straight off. Their needs 2 be research on this, and i know if Obsidian packed down on this one thing it will make a HUGE difference. Now you need 2 have something where anybody can become your apprentice ( i know that might be tough, but just think it through ). That means that if say someone at a Sith Temple rejects someone for training than you take him for your own. This needs 2 be thought out 2 the max. I cant waste this much time on just this one thing, but apprentices NEED to be apprentices.

Lightsaber Hilts- basicly enough said. But this needs 2 be unlimited amounts. I know they prob wont do the unlimited, but there needs 2 be customized hilts 2 the max. Where you will rarely see someone with the same hilt.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED- ok now there needs 2 be more training grounds for Sith and Jedi. Like Academy's, BUT the story needs 2 be so long that people can graduate and new ones are added DURING your time of play. Or not just graduate, but be sent to a different Academy. Say that you are a working to be Sith, and you enter an Academy and you are exp. enough and the Masters of the Academy wlould like you to take on a couple apprentices and train them as your own. Now that would be amazing. BUT you get to choose who to take! Not just they throw you anyone. You could pick the goodie goodie jedi apprentice, but you start to work on him and eventually he is an EVIL SITH! That would make any kid just smile that a game went this far to do this. Now like i was saying before this needs 2 progress. Like say you come back to the Academy to either drop off you apprentices and pick up new ones, or keep the one you had or STILL get a new one. In the end you could be training Elite Sith, or Jedi. BUT remember that students should graduate. So you come back one time and some kids arent there and new ones are.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#2- Looks should also progress. Now it shouldnt just be if your evil then you get Pale Wrinkly skin. I mean common i wanna be a sith, but i dont want 2 be ugly. Look at anakin. He looked angry all they time. In Fable if your guy was bad, then darnit he was bad. He would frown and look angery all the time. It shouldnt be that if your in a heated argument with someone all you guys do is shake your fist and then when its his time to talk all you do is nod your head and look away. Comon that is seld explainitory

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#3- Robes....duh. Now we arent just talking about making the hoods come up ( WHICH IS A MUST ). It means that we should be able to take them off like in the movies. Look at Darth Mauls robe. Now when i saw the door open and i saw him look up slowly and i saw those evil eyes THATS how i want my guy 2 look. Like when anakin was leaving a room in Episode 3 and he turned his head and you saw those evil eyes under the hood SIMPLY AMAZING! Or when he is standing near the railing and looking out to the volcanos he looked like that he was in constant pain ( THIS ALSO WILL BE BROUGHT UP IN THESE SUGGESTIONS ). And his body stance was just awesome. Everything from his sleeves to his shoes needs 2 be rendered to look like the movies.

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED#3- Now this kinda has to do with the story, but look how anakin turned to the Darkside. It was a major event in his life. There should be something like this in Kotor3. Where its SO big that you can see tears and stuff like Anakin. I mean after watching the starwars movies it kinda felt like Kotor2 wasnt a true star wars story plot. Not to diss on the game tho. I loved it, but it could have been better, but now there is a new fresh start, and a whole new graphics engine.

STORY CHOICES- OK now honestly not everyone is gonna wanna be Revan or Exile. Some people who play this game ( lets say cause there friend says its awesome ) may have never played kotor 1 and 2. And for people to appreciate Revan or Exile is gonna have to know their past. And even down to lil things which they would have 2 play. So i dont rlly think you should be able to be Revan or Exile. There are good sides and down sides to it tho. I mean all the work you did in the last game doesnt rlly effect it. BUT the story would prob be better if you were someone new.

--------

here is something i have come up with

Kotor1- better story

Kotor2- better extras

The key to this game is gonna be story!

-Matt

post your own!

Right there are a few things KOTOR 3 needs IMHO to make it good:

Examples include: Release it to us PC faithful first :D

First off make the beginning like Baldurs Gate 2 and it needs to be given back to Bioware (although I know it won't be) for that magical Bioware tough. Anyone who's played BG2 knows you get to play as your character from game one and you start the game at like level 9 so KOTOR 3 doesn't need some crappy explanation for Revan losing his memory, you get to play as Revan again (because the Exile SUCKS as does the utterly moronic 'wound in the force' story) and start in the outer rim battling sith.

Of course the exile arrives and you two form a force bond, revans uber connection to the force means you slowly heal the exile and gives the same XP bonus Exile and Kreia get in the 2nd game.

I think we need more planets and even more stuff ( ) as well as COOL looking robes for both light and dark side (Okay in KOTOR 2 the light side robes looked rediculous) with hoods that can be put up or down. Revan should get to wear his cool black robes whether he's good or bad (Luke Skywalker wears black and HE'S a good Jedi).

Secondly I think they should keep the Hawk, T3 and some of the characters like Carth and Bastilla along with some of the survivors from KOTOR 2.

There should be more lightsabre fights that should last longer and they should change the system so VISUALLY at least your character only takes a few lightsabre hits before going down. (You still take damage but it looks like you're just sabre dueling and not hitting each other). As cool as sabre duels already look there should be hundreds more moves that your character does during a fight to make it more visually impressive. Also if you're a high level combatting a low level and you kill him in one hit a nifty combo that shows you just slicing him up would rock and adding punches and kicks would be a big yes.

The option to turn on DISMEMBERMENT! Not for the kids maybe but would be damned cool.

The lightside powers have to kick ass as much as the Dark Side ones (So valour will last longer and so on) and BOTH sides of the force have hidden techniques (so not just crush) that do cool things.

The powers as they are, are cool and all the abilities like sight, breathing and the one that adds wisdom to your AC should be transferred.

The planets: More planets (New one's and one's in Star Wars EU as the sith strike at the outer rim and head inwards) and more of HK!!

IMHO Revan's story and the exiles needs to be tied up, the light-side will mention how the Jedi Council lighten up a bit (since they're always in trouble) and for ONCE THAT THERE IS PEACE FOR LONGER THAN A FEW YEARS IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE! It makes the light side look so weak.

The Dark Side ending should be Revan and Exile preparing to attack coruscant and a bunch of jedi boarding thier ship, the camera follows a dozen jedi to the new sith Lords who both ignite red sabre's, standing in some cool stance and the end.

This is just things I think they should add in to make it interesting, I don't know the full plot of KOTOR 3 (obviously) so I can't say that will be the ending but something along those lines with some FINALITY in good or evil will rock.

Addendum: AND NO MORE "WOUNDS IN THE FORCE" STORIES, honestly although it might be a bit dull they should stick more closely to what they're good at and to star wars and not crazy ass ideas like that, it just doesn't suit the setting. KOTOR 1 pulled it off where KOTOR 2 didn't. The moral dilemas are fun enough without some complex crazy ass story where all the jedi randomly die and some dude is a wound in the fabric of all existence itself trapses around like a lost sheep whilst his crazed mentor tries to destroy the universe (including herself!) this goes for people being the 'birth of the force' and all that. As the chosen one you've got to realise that Darth Vader has to have more impact on the force than anyone else in the history of star wars..... the CHOSEN ONE.. THAT MEANS ONE! They managed it with number 1... Revan was just uber powerful.

Personally i think they should go back and do a prequile(?) about Revan and his adventures during the mandalorian wars. End with the finding of the star forge. Imagine being able to see exactly how Malak lost his jaw and all that good stuff!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Personally i think they should go back and do a prequile(?) about Revan and his adventures during the mandalorian wars. End with the finding of the star forge. Imagine being able to see exactly how Malak lost his jaw and all that good stuff!

idk. prequals r weird because you already know what happens in the future. So it doesnt matter wht choices u make

Prequels lead to only bad writing. Look at Episodes 1, 2, and 3. You start the story at its beginning and end it at its ending. "Keep it simple, stupid" as the story goes. Obsidian should focus on making games that have no connection to Lucas Arts. If they can make a KotOR without LA more power to them, but they shouldn't do business with that publisher any more.

Harvey

Depends what you mean by prequel.

If the prequel involves any characters that appear directly in either KotOR game, then NO.

If the game is a completely different set of characters and just happens to be set in the same universe, but earlier, then that is not such a big deal.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If the prequel involves any characters that appear directly in either KotOR game, then NO.

If the game is a completely different set of characters and just happens to be set in the same universe, but earlier, then that is not such a big deal.

I could not agree with that more. I mean who says that the next KOTOR has to even be tied into the storyline of the first two. They could go somewhere totally different, maybe even include some of the more coreworlds like the temple on corusant or things like that. After a while the whole mandalorian/ Jedi Civil War thing is gonna get kind of old and lose its allure. Just a thought.

I could not agree with that more. I mean who says that the next KOTOR has to even be tied into the storyline of the first two. They could go somewhere totally different, maybe even include some of the more coreworlds like the temple on corusant or things like that. After a while the whole mandalorian/ Jedi Civil War thing is gonna get kind of old and lose its allure. Just a thought.

also well put LordRahl33. The whole mandalorian crap is kinda gay to me. I mainly lost intrest in Kotor2 when we went to that ghetto planet. I liek the jedi civil war because i like the fact of a HUGE on going war. Thats why i thought the first was better. I dont rlly like dark games. They dont rlly go well. Who knows though. I dont like how in Kotor2 they make it sound as if the jedi civil war is old history when that doesnt make sense. Cause i mean i think of 9/11 as if it happened yesterday. I think that the war would still be fresh in their minds.

You can bet on that. Everyone loves bukkake.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds