Age of char in k1 and k2

Weaponmaster definitely has a point about the maturity level of the characters. You've made me rethink my theory. Exile is definitely more "adult like" than Revan. But Revan being such a smart military tactician shows a little bit maturity as well. He's not just some snotty nosed kid like Anakin. I also think that the Exile was younger than revan because he served under him in the wars, and was about to take Mical on as his first apprentice... But of course that's not really a good enough argument on my part, only a gut feeling. Remember that the beginning of the mando wars to the conclusion of KOTOR II spans 12 years. So in order for Revan to be mid twenties, he would have to be about 15 or so during the start. Not quite likely. But yeah, the maturity arguement is a good one. Exile is perhaps as old or even a little older than revan. But I believe they are still both over 30 at the time of KOTOR II. Teenagers and early twenties is painfully young for a Jedi. Only Anakin was the exception. Also Jedi tend to get more powerful as they age and get more experience. And Revan definitely looked to be in his prime to me.

Not really this is kotor and take revan and bastila for example.Bastila is arrogant and headstrong sorta like pre k revan. Revan also didnt join until the last 5 years of the war plus around 4 more i would say he joined around he was 19.Being a military genious doesnt come with age lots of people in star wars are able to do it includin anakin just watch clone wars.If you are to go with the whole attitude thing revan makes himself look even more like bastilas age.

I disagree about age and power.Anakin is a good example but so is revan.Revan could take any one of the masters on and win.

Not really this is kotor and take revan and bastila for example.Bastila is arrogant and headstrong sorta like pre k revan. Revan also didnt join until the last 5 years of the war plus around 4 more i would say he joined around he was 19.Being a military genious doesnt come with age lots of people in star wars are able to do it includin anakin just watch clone wars.If you are to go with the whole attitude thing revan makes himself look even more like bastilas age.

I disagree about age and power.Anakin is a good example but so is revan.Revan could take any one of the masters on and win.

Once Again, I agree and support waepons master. Go team Go!

Now I have a little bit more to add to the revan age thing.In k1 when you talk to the masters about revan and how he was you gain even more knowledge about his attitude.They mention how the young revan was arrogant and headstrong and always in pursuit of knowledge.He was never a knight always a padawan so master zhar says.

There is only one thing answered about age ingame .The bastila convo when she is questionin you and ask your age.U either answer isnt this in my record(game developers avoid) or im 3,012 years young lol.

Now I have a little bit more to add to the revan age thing.In k1 when you talk to the masters about revan and how he was you gain even more knowledge about his attitude.They mention how the young revan was arrogant and headstrong and always in pursuit of knowledge.He was never a knight always a padawan so master zhar says.

There is only one thing answered about age ingame .The bastila convo when she is questionin you and ask your age.U either answer isnt this in my record(game developers avoid) or im 3,012 years young lol.

wait, how long after kotor 1 Does the First{as in the new ones} Star Wars Movie ocurr?

the origional Sith war was 5000 years before ANH, kotor 1 takes place 40 years after that you do the math

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Im still not convinced that the exile is younger than the exile.Revan is in my opinion younger not by character models but by how can i put the character you get out of the written chronicles.Revan just sounds headstrong and in some cases stubborn as does malak which is usually a case of immaturity leading me to believe they were quite young in the war.

Exile on the other hand just sounds much more how can i say it mature to some degree.I remember this one convo with bao where bao talks about the mass g going on and the exile just with a look on his face that makes him sound responsible.

So I basically believe Revan mid to late twenties and exile late twenties to early thirties.Course thats my opinion and w/o a timeline thats what they shall remain.

Before I read the Chronicles, I would have been with you all the way. The Exile just seems older and wiser than Revan, but maybe he/she has just had a harder life and has matured faster than Revan...

well if you take the models Revans were MUCH younger than Exile's so it seemed

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sentry its not just hard living though,the game makes each character sound a certain way. For revan Ive already stated how it makes him out to be young,arrogant,and powerful perfect for a ds fall but the exile on the other hand is never truly looked upon one who made a simple mistake.You understand what im trying to say the masters expected more obedience out of the exile than revan. In some parts of the story the council says they were ready to welcome revan and malak with a heros welcome something you mostly do to young people who dont know better but the exile though well you kno what happened to him.

Sentry its not just hard living though,the game makes each character sound a certain way. For revan Ive already stated how it makes him out to be young,arrogant,and powerful perfect for a ds fall but the exile on the other hand is never truly looked upon one who made a simple mistake.You understand what im trying to say the masters expected more obedience out of the exile than revan. In some parts of the story the council says they were ready to welcome revan and malak with a heros welcome something you mostly do to young people who dont know better but the exile though well you kno what happened to him.

He didn't make just one simple mistake though...

The Exile made a lot of very harsh decisions while s/he was young. His/her decisions at Serroco (Sp?), Dxun, and Malachor V, ultimately resulted in the deaths of thousands and thousands of people, many of which where his own troops... and he was not even on the dark side at the time.

The Exile has had little else to dwell on for the last ten years as he/she wandered alone throught the fringes of civilization...

I'm sure the guilt preyed on his/her mind and that would tend to age you a bit. :thumbsup:

Totaly agree...the same thing is with Mira also....

Yup... :rolleyes:

post-5816-1119828076_thumb.jpg

Thats not exactly what I meant but Revan had as many hard choices ofcourse he was ds though. What im trying to get at though is that the council seemed to punish the exile further than really needed as to say hey u knew better than that.While for revan one of the masters in k1 or k2 cant recall goes on about them having a heros welcome.I just go by what the masters say in k1 about revan and what the masters in k2 say about the exile and when u compare even before the war the exile seemed to be wise and some years older

He didn't make just one simple mistake though...

The Exile made a lot of very harsh decisions while s/he was young. His/her decisions at Serroco (Sp?), Dxun, and Malachor V, ultimately resulted in the deaths of thousands and thousands of people, many of which where his own troops... and he was not even on the dark side at the time.

The Exile has had little else to dwell on for the last ten years as he/she wandered alone throught the fringes of civilization...

I'm sure the guilt preyed on his/her mind and that would tend to age you a bit. o:)

Totaly agree...the same thing is with Mira also....

Yup... :rolleyes:

both Atris and Mira concepts are hotter than the one's in the game :shifty:

Thats not exactly what I meant but Revan had as many hard choices ofcourse he was ds though. What im trying to get at though is that the council seemed to punish the exile further than really needed as to say hey u knew better than that.While for revan one of the masters in k1 or k2 cant recall goes on about them having a heros welcome.I just go by what the masters say in k1 about revan and what the masters in k2 say about the exile and when u compare even before the war the exile seemed to be wise and some years older

Ya, I think part of it is due to the fact that Obsidian has a better writting staff...

Another reason why Revan seems so young is that Bioware was trying to avoid giving Revan too much backstory.

As such, everything you are told about him/her dates back to when he/she was young...

PS:

Wasn't the Exile punished, not so much because of his/her crime, but because the council was afraid of what s/he had become?

That was my interpretation of events anyway...

Revan was the Council's golden child, only Vrook and a few others suspected him/her. The Exile, however, was just a scapgoat; an easy outlet for the council's frustrations with the younger generation :rolleyes:

U got some points there but though they were afraid of the exile you also have to take the age thing into consideration.

Ill try to use a parent thing. If i have a 17 year old and a 10 year old and both of them do something bad who would i be more mad at?Im just trying to use the info the players say and so on.Plus remember this is what gets me the most Revan when he left was a padawan but the exile before he left was already training a padawan. The age thing really implies itself.

So my thinking would be

bastila and revan 27-29

exile30-35

course i could always be wrong.