Update on content patch please OE

So is LucasArts bit like Herve Caen? I mean new "thingy" to blame about almost everything.

It would be cool.

Err... haven't you been reading the boards since K2 was released? :ermm:

:("

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Guest MacleodCorp
So is LucasArts bit like Herve Caen? I mean new "thingy" to blame about almost everything.

It would be cool.

I've heard LA build a bridge in Irak and started "Project New Orleans" with OE :ph34r:

And you are a moderator!?

For shame!!!

Hehehehe! :)

I think Obsidian and Lucasarts gave up on it. But since my sound is fine and the movies don't bother me much (plus, the actual important ones might be re-done by Team Gizka  :) )

Obsidian made a post about a content patch, and then LucasArts demanded they remove the post.

Who gave up?

I was actually talking about the sound and movie patch.

There's been a lot of criticism of LucasArts on these boards, but the disappearance of this movie/music patch, and their refusal to give any information about it, may be their most, perhaps only, unjustifiable act so far. For all their faults, LucasArts didn't turn on Obsidian and start a silly blame war when the Kotor 2 ending blew up in their faces. And their recent restructuring and committing to only 2 games a year suggests they recognise they've gone wrong in the past.

But the thing with the movie/music patch shows contempt for gamers. If they aren't going to release it, let them say so, instead of sticking their fingers in their ears and hoping it'll all go away. It's sad to see a company seemingly so arrogant that they think public relations is beneath them. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It would be cool.

Err... haven't you been reading the boards since K2 was released? ;)

:blink:"

Yes, I have been. It just took that long to come up with that joke. :(

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords .  We released a patch that fixed a variety of bugs in the April timeframe.  We are planning on releasing a music and movie update in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.  It's also important to mention that there is currently no live team, they have moved on to other projects. 

Ultimately LucasArts and Obsidian are proud of the game and the talented people who created it.

For technical issues and the latest downloadable updates, please refer to our support information online: http://support.lucasarts.com/

Thank you,

LucasArts PR

I got this after three letters to execs @ LA. Granted, standard pr fare, but I'm touched they took the time to actually reply.l

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords .  We released a patch that fixed a variety of bugs in the April timeframe.  We are planning on releasing a music and movie update in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.  It's also important to mention that there is currently no live team, they have moved on to other projects. 

Ultimately LucasArts and Obsidian are proud of the game and the talented people who created it.

For technical issues and the latest downloadable updates, please refer to our support information online: http://support.lucasarts.com/

Thank you,

LucasArts PR

I got this after three letters to execs @ LA. Granted, standard pr fare, but I'm touched they took the time to actually reply.l

Hope returns.

Will better movies and sound quality really save this game? It could have been good, meaning it had it's moments, but come on people. K2 needs alot more than a few more pixels in the movies.

Save the game, no, if you think it needs saving. It's a good game with flaws - this patch addresses one of the flaws, the Restoration Project will address a few others, and the game will be better for it. Will it be as good as it would have been had either LucasArts given Obsidian a decent time to develop it or Obsidian been better able to judge how much they could put into the game in the time allowed (delete according to your personal loyalities)? No. But I will give it a replay when the movie/music patch comes out, and probably enjoy it quite a bit.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Will better movies and sound quality really save this game? It could have been good, meaning it had it's moments, but come on people. K2 needs alot more than a few more pixels in the movies.

Save the game, no, if you think it needs saving.

Wait, you did play the game all the way through right? :)

As I said, it had positives and it had good moments, but it is a incomplete game and shows it in many places. Many important places, like the influence system and the ending.

Thank you,

LucasArts PR

Sounds more like bots spewing the same message on and on since April IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just shot an email over to the old head of PR for K2. I assume she has moved on to a new game, in fact I know she has, but not sure if K2 is still technically under her umbrella.

If I hear anything, I'll post it and crush any hope you had of a true content patch :)

Guest MacleodCorp
Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords .  We released a patch that fixed a variety of bugs in the April timeframe.  We are planning on releasing a music and movie update in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.  It's also important to mention that there is currently no live team, they have moved on to other projects

Thank you,

LucasArts PR

I stopped arguing about the patch moths ago, for I knew that this would have been a possibility. As I bolded in your quote, you must take notice that there is a contridiction. If there is no live team working on the game patch, how can you release it in the next coming weeks? Oh well! They moved on to other things...