Update on content patch please OE

Right. It's a widely known fact that LA only hire medically certified retards to do... everything.  :*

Meanwhile over at HQ...

compworkers.jpg

- "Moo-vie Patch. Patch. Pat-tch. What a funny word."

- "Algenon, I can see your lobotomy scar throbbing again."

Earlier that same day ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You are the very reason why the PC games industsry is in such bad shape and why huge publishers like EA and LA can put out unfinished CRAP -- Because people like you will gobble it up and be like Oliver Twist, "Please sir, can I have some more?"

Also, as talented as the modders in the KOTOR community are... They are not developers and should not have to finish, or correct major bugs in the game and we should not treat them as "Gods" or "Psuedo-Devs" as a lot of people in the community do. I am sorry, but that is also the truth as I have seen it go to their heads on many occassion on the modding forums for KOTOR.

Also, on a semi-related note there is a reason why console systems are now more profitable and more user-friendly than PC games as much as die-hard PC gamers don't want to admit:

1) They innovate.

Have you played the game "Mercenaries"?

It is a third-person, Grand Theft Auto-style, freeroam, over-the-top military style shoot'em up that has a MINIMUM of 52 open-ended levels PLUS side-quests and mini-games you can do along the way and you can even play the game AFTER you finish the main quest (52 mission/levels).

And this is on a system that is basically a 1999-era PC (a 733 Pentium III and GeForce 2 graphics card with a total of 64 MB of RAM).

How about Fable?

This is one of the most fun, open-ended RPGs on any system. Sure, it's not as "serious" as KOTOR -- If that is even possible considering this is freakin' Star Wars in the first place -- But it is a persistent world that has day and night cycles; you can interact with NPCs a hell of a lot more than in any of the KOTOR games; what you do actually DOES change the storyline AND how NPCs view you -- and not in scripted cut-scenes either; actually IN THE GAME as you play -- As well as your character ages; can get married; there are Same-Sex relationships allowed; You can buy real estate AND play the game beyond the core storyline just like Mercenaries when you are done just to name a few.

Again, this is for an "obselete" system and hardware the XBox carries.

2) Console games must meet an established set of standards (for all consoles) before they are allowed to go gold.

This is fact. There is no way in Hell the PC games segment would survive with such standards in place because half of the stuff that is put out these days would never make it to gold status (which would be a good thing for consumers in the long, but bad for companies because it would force them to complete their games and make sure they are of the highest quality).

Sure. No game on any platform is perfect... BUT they have to be a lot more functional and complete than KOTOR II was/is to be allowed on the console as a majority of console games are [KOTOR II is the anomoly because I am pretty sure it was allowed to pass "as is" purely based on the popularity, aka profits, of the first one as well as LA's name].

Again, ironic there exists more standards for systems with outdated hardware than the latest and greatest rigs that either Intel or AMD can put out, huh?

3) The new XBox 360 and PS3 are going to be basically high-end gaming rigs with hardware that not even the PC gaming enthusiast market is going to have yet.

This means no longer will the games be restricted by 1999-era hardware and this should let developers innovate even more which means BETTER quality products in all areas including visuals, gameplay, sound and online as well.

This is why the consoles are replacing PC gaming and it is no wonder considering the mess KOTOR II is (was) and how OE and LA treated their customers who spent good money on an unfinished game.

"You are the very reason why the PC games industsry is in such bad shape and why huge publishers like EA and LA can put out unfinished CRAP -- Because people like you will gobble it up and be like Oliver Twist, 'Please sir, can I have some more?'"

Congratulations, good sir, you have just been had.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

This is why the consoles are replacing PC gaming and it is no wonder considering the mess KOTOR II is (was) and how OE and LA treated their customers who spent good money on an unfinished game.

KOTOR II was a pure console title ported to PC, so your ruminations doesn't make sense.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Wrong. It was developed concurrently.

Being ported means that they designed it first on one system they remake the game from the start on a new system.

KotOR 1 and 2 were made concurrently and not ported over. Halo and Fable were first made on the console and then converted to the PC.

See the difference? :)

Guest MacleodCorp

I can't believe people are still talking about the patch. Before the summer, there were hundreds of threads, which were opened to talk about the patch. Wow... As I read through this thread, I have a hard time seeing what is new....

Did Obsidian make any more announcements? Where there other announcements made after the GameBanshee article? Did Lucas Arts make an announcement?

I see you don't waste a chance to have a go at me. It's always nice to meet a new fan. All of this because I doubted your credentials in your writer thread?

You are the very reason why the PC games industsry is in such bad shape and why huge publishers like EA and LA can put out unfinished CRAP -- Because people like you will gobble it up and be like Oliver Twist, "Please sir, can I have some more?"

Just what are you talking about? I have been one of the most impartial critics of K2 in these boards. But guess what, I know when to move on, a concept with which obviously neither you nor Hades1 are familiar with. That was what my comment was about.

If your life is so miserable that you have to come over here periodically to bitch and moan about how disappointed you were about K2, I honestly pity you. Well, not really, to be honest.

*snip some unrelated garbage*

Uh... game design? Ah, right. It falls in the same category as "moving on".

Whatever. :)

Post pruned -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I can't believe people are still talking about the patch. Before the summer, there were hundreds of threads, which were opened to talk about the patch. Wow... As I read through this thread, I have a hard time seeing what is new....

Did Obsidian make any more announcements? Where there other announcements made after the GameBanshee article? Did Lucas Arts make an announcement?

Depends on what you mean by anymore, it wasn't that long ago that a thread popped into a thread after the last patch to say that a patch providing better quality music & video would be released in the next few days. No one's been on since then to say that, "sorry, we're not", or "soon"... or... whatever.

As it stands with patchs right now, we've been lied to point-blank and had no communication since.

I think Obsidian and Lucasarts gave up on it. But since my sound is fine and the movies don't bother me much (plus, the actual important ones might be re-done by Team Gizka  :lol: )

Obsidian made a post about a content patch, and then LucasArts demanded they remove the post.

Who gave up?

Not to mention that MCA sent LA his proposal for the content patch which was flatly rebuffed. Unfortunately, Chris' post was later "removed".

manthing2.jpg

I think Obsidian and Lucasarts gave up on it. But since my sound is fine and the movies don't bother me much (plus, the actual important ones might be re-done by Team Gizka  :) )

Obsidian made a post about a content patch, and then LucasArts demanded they remove the post.

Who gave up?

Not to mention that MCA sent LA his proposal for the content patch which was flatly rebuffed. Unfortunately, Chris' post was later "removed".

Which leaves the reason behind Obsidian being tight-lipped about everything that includes KotOR II, as "damage control".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy