Update on content patch please OE

be patient, its a big project and it needs to be beta tested before release.

1. It was finished

2. It was tested (by LA, so 100% chance of bugs included)

3. It was supposed to be released about 3 months ago

Yep, yep and yep.

I think LucasArts would rather pretend that KOTOR:2 doesn't exist at this point.

Perhaps a little disambiguation, Wikipedia-style, would be helpful for newcomers:

The 'movies/music patch' or 'multimedia patch' is a patch which will improve the quality of the music and movies in Kotor 2. John Morgan told us about it here. Nothing has been heard for so long that there are doubts about whether it will ever come out.

The 'content patch' doesn't exist - Obsidian made a proposal to LucasArts to create a patch restoring some of the content that was cut in the later stages of development. LucasArts rejected this. John Morgan told us about that here.

The Sith Lords Restoration Project will be a fan mod, not an official patch. It will restore some of the cut content that was left on the CDs of the PC version. Their project is here. They've no date for release, but it's unlikely to be in the immediate future as it's a big project.

There were two 'bug-fix patches' already. The first was a tiny fix for non-North American versions only, correcting a problem with the manual.pdf file. The second was a regular bug fix, and there's a link to it on Obsidian's home page. It fixes some problems, fails to fix a lot more, and creates a few new bugs as well.

Nothing has been heard about any further bug-fix patches, so it's unlikely they will ever happen. The Sith Lords Restoration Project has a page with fan-created mods that address the most serious outstanding issues, particularly some broken quests and some problems in Telos Academy.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The first was a tiny fix for non-North American versions only, correcting a problem with the manual.pdf file.  The second was a regular bug fix, and there's a link to it on Obsidian's home page.  It fixes some problems, fails to fix a lot more, and creates a few new bugs as well.

I'd like to point out that the second patch, at least for north american versions, corrupts the manual so you can't use it.

Perhaps a little disambiguation, Wikipedia-style, would be helpful for newcomers:

The 'movies/music patch' or 'multimedia patch' is a patch which will improve the quality of the music and movies in Kotor 2.  John Morgan told us about it here.  Nothing has been heard for so long that there are doubts about whether it will ever come out.

The 'content patch' doesn't exist - Obsidian made a proposal to LucasArts to create a patch restoring some of the content that was cut in the later stages of development.  LucasArts rejected this.  John Morgan told us about that here.

The Sith Lords Restoration Project will be a fan mod, not an official patch.  It will restore some of the cut content that was left on the CDs of the PC version.  Their project is here.  They've no date for release, but it's unlikely to be in the immediate future as it's a big project.

There were two 'bug-fix patches' already.  The first was a tiny fix for non-North American versions only, correcting a problem with the manual.pdf file.  The second was a regular bug fix, and there's a link to it on Obsidian's home page.  It fixes some problems, fails to fix a lot more, and creates a few new bugs as well.

Nothing has been heard about any further bug-fix patches, so it's unlikely they will ever happen.  The Sith Lords Restoration Project has a page with fan-created mods that address the most serious outstanding issues, particularly some broken quests and some problems in Telos Academy.

Um, isn't all this info in the preceeding pages? :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Um, isn't all this info in the preceeding pages? :thumbsup:

Well, yes. Spread out, and mixed in with some people appearing to use the wrong term for the patch they were talking about. Plus I was bored. It's amazing what you can find yourself doing when the alternative is actually doing some proper work.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Exactly what kinda of betatesting do u do for just movie and sound quality upgrade? I mean its done its done how can there be and testing of them as if it works it works if it doesnt it doesnt, its not like a bug test which would take this long but for movies and audio?

By the way i reckon the movies and audio is fine and of high quality for me, id much rather have the content or bug patch.

Exactly what kinda of betatesting do u do for just movie and sound quality upgrade?  I mean its done its done how can there be and testing of them as if it works it works if it doesnt it doesnt, its not like a bug test which would take this long but for movies and audio?

By the way i reckon the movies and audio is fine and of high quality for me, id much rather have the content or bug patch.

The movies ain't that important, once you have played the game once or twice, you tend to skip movies, i always do unless its the best bit, but there is no best bit in Kotor II movies, the Music isn't important either since i ain't too picky about how the music sounds.

I am more picky about the contents of the game, (bugfixes and cut content) since there is a 0% chance of it ever getting done, i am gonna stick to Kotor, until the Restoration Project is complete or the Rise of the Sith Mod is complete, then i will blow the dust off Kotor II case.

But in the end, Kotor II, despite having no endings, massive holes in the plot, tons of cut content, it had great features that Kotor would have been good to have. (mining locked containers, doors, ability to add more class skills etc.)

Concerning the movies: "Low-res" movies? :) They're at least 640x272 (except for the recorded in-game cut scenes.). They look fine to me, except for the fact that they're interlaced (God, do I hate PC biks with interlace! :angry: ). Why would they need to up the resolution? I'm not asking them to be 800x342 or 1024x438 but the interlaced removed and the movies recompressed from it's original source (which I hope is not interlaced and is high def.{yeah, I rant}.) You should at least be greatful that Obsidian made better sounding biks than BioWare.

I don't mean to offened anyone, so don't flame me for this.

Concerning the movies: "Low-res" movies? :) They're at least 640x272 (except for the recorded in-game cut scenes.). They look fine to me, except for the fact that they're interlaced (God, do I hate PC biks with interlace! :angry: ). Why would they need to up the resolution? I'm not asking them to be 800x342 or 1024x438 but the interlaced removed and the movies recompressed from it's original source (which I hope is not interlaced and is high def.{yeah, I rant}.) You should at least be greatful that Obsidian made better sounding biks than BioWare.

I don't mean to offened anyone, so don't flame me for this.

I think they're 640x480. they actually don't look bad if your screen's max resolution was 640x480 it's just that most of us have 1024x768 screens or higher and it switches to 640x480 resolution which looks ugly rather than just playing it at our set resolution.

I think they're 640x480. they actually don't look bad if your screen's max resolution was 640x480 it's just that most of us have 1024x768 screens or higher and it switches to 640x480 resolution which looks ugly rather than just playing it at our set resolution.

Well, that explains why some say low-res, but why the interlace? It makes no sense.

I think people have mistaken the interlace for low-res - either way it doesn't look as good as it could be (even at that res).

The low quality music is definitely audible and really is below par for today's games.

Exactly what kinda of betatesting do u do for just movie and sound quality upgrade?

I'd just listen to it once to make sure it didn't have any compression artifacts or anything but besides from that nothing much - which is why people are saying it won't come.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Has anyone seen a dev. answer on the forums lately? They replied sometimes, but recently, nothing.

Not that I have seen, and their phone support sends you to Lucas Arts, who can give you no information because their devs "keep us out of the loop on purpose because we talk too much" (quoting the support tech, whom I called today)

I started asking about this again yesterday after 4 months of silence at the LA Forums, and got the same old answer - but at least I got an answer there this time - "I will forward the information"

I think because so many people gave up they don't pay much attention anymore. What I don't think they realize, is that if they actually put out the patch(es) people would be happy again. In the meantime, I have vowed to only buy used Lucas anything...no more $ out of my pocket until this product is fixed. I let them know that if they won't do it themselves, they should at least toss the modders (TSLRP) some stuff to work with since they are making up for what LA and Obsidian left out and left bugged.

I've seen them lurking, and answer on occassion (not much, though): I guess they are either:

• too busy to post, or
  • not allowed to post, or
  • not interested in posting.

Let's hope it's door number ONE. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I find it strange that a few months back when they decided they weren't going to shut the forum OB said they would mod more and be more involved with the community on the forums. Since then Nothing.

Its quite pathetic really, they haven't even said sorry its in Lucas arts hands. Instead we have a half finished game, with lots of bugs and they cant even release the HQ music and cinema tics that they previously stated exist.

Great first attempt isn't it.

Still the majority who bought this game never post here so the devs can ignore us and pretend these issues don't exist.

"OB said they would mod more and be more involved with the community on the forums. Since then Nothing."

I most graciously point you to the Project New Jersey forum. Therein lies some answers.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds