Update on content patch please OE

Bombard LA with snail mail. That is the answer.

"Cut joe some slack; he's new."

On the contrary, he is very old. He might not predate Fionavar, who has moderated pretty much every forum known to man since the dawn of time, but he still predates your arrival and even these forums.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

No a different one was locked, unless it glitched (which the Mod controls do on me sometimes, so if you have some problems, board related, let me know... probably my fault).

I've been a mod on here for a while, though, RL has it's moments, hence my lack of post count.

As for the Patch, Lucas Arts will contact Obsidian or release the patch info themselves. Though, posting on here about it is less likely to get you an answer quicker. On the Lucas Arts boards it might do a bit better seeing as they're dealing with the next patch.

You know you love me:

:thumbsup:http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?th...=50341&tstart=0 :wub:

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I know he's not exactly a newbie, yeah.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I dont see why the patch is taking so long and why no one will say anything about it in any kind of official capacity. This kind of stuff is what gives this industry a lot of its anti-consumer reputation.

olaf

I dont see why the patch is taking so long and why no one will say anything about it in any kind of official capacity.  This kind of stuff is what gives this industry a lot of its anti-consumer reputation.

Even if the information you receive is the same, sometimes it's worthwhile to address these concerns directly to the company, in an email or even a snail-mail letter. There can be a degree of satisfaction in getting the information 'straight from the horse's mouth', it tests their customer service, and it also reminds them that you are more than a fan complaining on the forum - you're a consumer and you're their customer.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

There should be some clarification.

There was apparently a multimedia patch finished that is waiting on LA. That consists of music/movie stuff.

Plotholes and extra content are another issue, and one likely not to be addressed. They won't add a new ending to the PC game and then shut out the XBox market.

Obsidian have told us what they know. That the movies and music content was completed before the 1.0B patch shipped, and withdrawn from it at LucasArts' behest. That the separate patch for movies and music content was completed a week after confirmation of its existance, post 1.0B patch.

Reading between the lines of CrazyJoe's post, Obsidian have done what we have done; asked LucasArts the question: when is the patch going to ship? And LucasArts have not responded to them, either.

I really believe, now, that LucasArts would be happier if the movies and music patch were to die. What I cannot believe is that there will be no further bug-fix patch released, unless LucasArts have abandoned the possibility of a KotOR III.

Now, that does concern me. And I no longer think that it is unthinkable that they would do so.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Source? Confirmation? All I have seen is hopeful speculation and a reserved domain name.

* EDIT * Not to say that I wouldn't welcome confirmation...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

I wonder how big such a multimedia patch with high-res movies and CD quality music would be? 50, 100Mb or more? Perhaps LA had concerns about their server bandwidth and skipped the release...

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I wonder how big such a multimedia patch with high-res movies and CD quality music would be? 50, 100Mb or more? Perhaps LA had concerns about their server bandwidth and skipped the release...

In which case they could quite easily make a statement that they cannot release the patch because of bandwidth issues. Why the deafening silence? If that is the problem, it's not going to be fixed by waiting.

This really does not reflect well upon LucasArts. :unsure:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I wonder how big such a multimedia patch with high-res movies and CD quality music would be? 50, 100Mb or more?

More. Much more. Think in terms of gigabytes rather than megabytes. Currently movies stand at 800MB at a resolution of 640x480. Bumping the resolution to 1024x768 would increase the size by 150% (assuming current compression scales up). Even 800x600 would represent a 50% increase.

None of this excuses the holding back of the HQ music, though. Currently music stands at 36MB. Much more manageable. Why can they not be separated if the movies are a problem?

This really does not reflect well upon LucasArts.

Indeed it does not. When you don't deliver what you set out to deliver, honesty is not the best policy. It is the only policy. To admit a genuine mistake is the best way to recover the understanding of your customers. Recovering the goodwill, however, is going to take some form of substantial patch, even if it isn't this one.

Sanity is as much a point of view as anything. Anyway I think the insane is entitled to as much respect and response as the sane. I have posted in the thread Crazy.joe pointed to(and as w666tyr posted in before me) and was polite. I bought the game and enjoyed it. Do think though, that it would be better with the promised music/movie-patch. It seems posting in the Lucasarts forum doesn't provoke much response.

I hope we can hold both threads open on the front page on both forums, if not for information, then for some light entertainment and company everyday. It is good not to be alone in one's wishes. Well wishes to the forumers who make up the community while we wait for the producers to do their part. :(

I would also direct a big :p to Crazy.joe for his initiative(in another thread, now locked. Let's stay polite!). Thank you.

Speak for yourself. Me, myself and he definetly are.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

if we could become a big angry mob that burns down lucas arts we would but we cant because A) we'd be run down by some exec who thinks that we're there for target practice for a new game B)We have no clue where eachother is and C) we don't have any torches :thumbsup:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Let's try to keep this thread with a high degree of visibility, plenty of views and replies, without giving a moderator reason to lock it. Too many other similar threads have fallen in the same way...

You know, if you want to avoid bandwith issues, BitTorrent is your friend. It's used by Blizzard every time they patch World of Warcraft, so why not in our case ?

It is quite obvious that most of the movies where just made with the game engine and then compressed in a ugly .bik. I really think their "high-res movies" are just some replacement of these ugly movies by some scripts using the game engine. As far as I know such kind of script should not take more than 1 Mb...

You know, if you want to avoid bandwith issues, BitTorrent is your friend. It's used by Blizzard every time they patch World of Warcraft, so why not in our case ?

It is quite obvious that most of the movies where just made with the game engine and then compressed in a ugly .bik. I really think their "high-res movies" are just some replacement of these ugly movies by some scripts using the game engine. As far as I know such kind of script should not take more than 1 Mb...

No the movies aren't made within the game engine. Feargus said they used a contractor to make the movies.

I thought there was something wrong with my computer when i first saw the movies!

My laptop's screen has a native resolution of 1600x1200 and so the movies really did look........well............