What company have you had a bad experience with?

Ellester

Well after reading the McDonalds thread I saw a lot of people vent on how bad the company was and how bad the food was and it gave me an idea. What type of company irritates or angers you because they rub you the wrong way or you've had a bad experience with them? McDonalds, Walmart, Microsoft, etc

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I've been boycotting all Procter & Gamble products since 2000, for a variety of reasons, the latest one being the Iams animal cruelty allegation made by PETA.

It's a pain, because they bloody own EVERYTHING.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Small local owned organic and health stores are cool. >_< national organic food chains like Wild Oats are bad. :thumbsdown:

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you to open up a small organic grocer !

I've been boycotting all Procter & Gamble products since 2000, for a variety of reasons, the latest one being the Iams animal cruelty allegation made by PETA.

If that is true -- and it's always so hard to tell on a partisan site -- than it is appalling; I have no problem with necessary experiments for the benefit of human illnesses, but the experiments themselves are touted as worthless. That's pretty shocking, it true.

But why is Procter & Gamble paying for worthless experiments?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Google, who took their perfectly good groups service, proceeded to brutally rape and murder it, and produce a bastard child presently called "beta" which is so unbelieveably god awful by comparison to its predecessor you'd think it was the result of fourteen generations of inbreeding.

Grr. >_<

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Wow, pretty surprising. That is pretty darn bad. I wonder if Purina is any different? I usually buy Purina One for my dog.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

DOing anything on the basis of the scum known as PETA make sone look weak, and a member of the blind following the blind sect.

Anyways, I don't boycott companies as a matter of policy. In fact, you cna say, I boycott boycotts.

And, for some reason, I have nothing but good experiences wiuthc ompanies except one or two minor things not to worry about.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm not doing it BECAUSE of PETA... I said that was the LATEST reason. >_< When I first started to boycott their products, I didn't even realise that Iams was P&G's.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I'm sorry, I thought animal abuse was a bad thing. My mistake. >_<

While I may not agree with all of PETA's methods, I do believe cruelty towards animals should be prevented and those guilty of it punished in a court of law. A simple small fine is not sufficient (nor would any amount be) to invalidate a creature's right to live.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Yeah i think McDonald's is irresponsible in a lot of wya but i dont hate them or feel any persnol malice towards them.

At a stretch the company i hate most is NTL (my ISP and cable tv provider) they have really crappy customer service.

Tobacco companies are pretty evil i guess...

I'm still boycotting Nestle because while I can cope with just about every realpolitik move up to and nearly including genocide I draw the fething line at poisoning babies for profit. And they really DO own everything.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah i think McDonald's is irresponsible in a lot of wya but i dont hate them or  feel any persnol malice towards them.

At a stretch the company i hate most is NTL (my ISP and cable tv provider) they have really crappy customer service.

Tobacco companies are pretty evil i guess...

NTL have been voted the worst company in Britain for customer service. I happen to dislike Curry's and other such electrical superstores, they are in my opinion, con-artists!

What's so bad with cons?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've boycotted Nestle since I was at uni, for the same reason. I also boycott Del Monte and buy Fair Trade bananas.

My most recent bad experience with a company was downloading Temple of Elemental Evil from Trymedia and trying to get it patched and working, and being bounced from Trymedia 'support' (ha ha) to Atari 'support' (even more ha ha). Towards the end I was starting every email with "PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED TO ANSWER MY QUESTION EIGHT TIMES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANOTHER STANDARD REPLY TO MY EMAIL."

Needless to say it had no effect whatsover, but typing the capitals was slightly cathartic, at least.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I was once stupid enough to sign up for Line6 Guitarport Online service for a "free 30 days trial" only to find that there was no real way to sign out. All you got in reply was a standard reply that said "check our FAQ" in which it said to send another email. <_<

I tried calling their UK office but they wouldnt take the call. In the end I sent them a letter threatening to press legal charges and after that they finally closed my account.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"While I may not agree with all of PETA's methods, I do believe cruelty towards animals should be prevented and those guilty of it punished in a court of law."

PETA are hypocrites. Just recently, 3 of their members were charged with animal cruelty, and PETA defended them. Of coruse, these particular ones *could* be innocent; but they won't be the first. Not to mention, all the other inhuman things PETA has been guilty of. Not to mention, anyone who values animals over humans is pathetic as far as I'm concerned.

In Sweden we have this old and powerful phone company called Telia. They own basically everything related to tele-communications, either directly or through other means. The reason they came to power was that in the eighties, Sweden only had ONE phone company and it was owned and run by the government. In the nineties (I think it was) it was partly sold to private owners, but since they were alone on the market and operating on a the huge network that swedish tax money paid for (over 50 years or so!), they didn't even care about competition. And a privately owned corporation without competition sets its own rules, so prices quadrupled in a few years, service got worse and they could practically laugh in their customers faces.

They're still by far the biggest phone company in Sweden, but at least now we have several competitors. So how does Telia feel about that? Well, seeing as they own the entire phone network, the other companies must hire space on their lines.. Of course, Telia then lowers their time based prices to an absolute minimum, but raises the price everyone has to pay to even be connected to their net! It's actually so bad that I usually pay 40 SEK per 3 months for the time I've used the phone for talking, and 500-600 SEK for just having a phone number. It's ridiculous and I hate it!

Other than that, I mainly stay away from McDonald's (because I don't like the taste of their 'food') and I don't particularly like EA for making everyone of their new sports games into a 'Pimp My [insert sport of your choice here]' experience. Enough with the 'hip' music and half-naked girls in my sports games already, EA!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What? SSX is great. :">

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sounds liike BT in the 80's :p although Telia doesnt sound like its been deregulated properly. You should all switch to internet calling and broadband via cable, that should screw them! Unless they own the cable companies :ph34r:

I agree with your EA hating policy although i disagree with your getting rid of half naked girls policy.

I never mentioned you at all. I thought I was decribing PETA....

Ah, my mistake. By quoting my statement, I thought you were attempting to imply I supported PETA's actions in these situations. I suppose some of our earlier debates colored my perception. Apologies.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

"Enough with the 'hip' music and half-naked girls in my sports games already, EA!"

Huh? The 'hip' music is common; but outside of cheerleaders ta half time; there aren't any half naked girls in the game and even those aren't 'half naked'. What EA Sports games are you playing?

"Apologies"

Don't apologize. Apologizing on the net is for cowards, wusses, and losers.

Huh? The 'hip' music is common; but outside of cheerleaders ta half time; there aren't any half naked girls in the game and even those aren't 'half naked'. What EA Sports games are you playing?

Right now I'm playing Fight Night Round 2. Before that I've played NBA Ballers and FIFA Street. All these contain vast amounts of things the EA head honchos consider 'hip'. Fight Night Round 2 is a really good boxing game hidden beneath a tasteless and unnecessary shell. The excuse they have for including half-naked girls is that if you buy an expensive ring girl, you get some sort of bonus in the fight (Heart? Can't remember.) but it's such a transparent excuse to show bouncing boobs in slow motion it only becomes more pathetic. I love boxing as a sport but I would not rate this game very highly anyhow because of EA's bad design decisions.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!