PC Cheat Code Help!!!!

I own the PC version of KOTOR 2 (and the xbox version) and i went to some cheat code websites since i heard of "spawning items" but i went to multiple websites and each of them said a different thing!! The only thing that remained the same was the part where u must add the line EnableCheats=1 to the Game Options subsection. I did that (i added the line on top of the rest, is that a problem?) and one website said to press "~" and another said to press "`". It also said that the command prompt will not appear... which it didnt.... Gamewinners.com said to press Tab is show the commands... but it didnt show either. I need help, can someone explain to me the correct way to activate these cheats?!?!

The only thing that remained the same was the part where u must add the line EnableCheats=1 to the Game Options subsection.

Yes, this is correct.

Ione website said to press "~" and another said to press "`"

The key combination to "bring up" the (invisible) console vary according to your keyboard language settings. When I set the language settings of my keyboard to English US, then I simply have to press "~" in the upper left corner of my keyboard. When I keep my default French Canadian keyboard settings, then I have to press 3 keys: left Alt + ] + [ . Normally what you need to do to print the tilde .

Instead of cheat codes, you can also use KSE: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

Edit: and be a little more patient next time...this is not an instant messenger!

or u could rely on the randomizer, everygame it starts to like one thing more than the other so u get about 30 lighting gloves or something. this time around i ended up with 523,693 credits and i have no clue how. if u want cheats to to gamefaqs.com i think they have the breakdown on spawning/fake leveling

There is NO command prompt.

Just press ` and then type in the cheat and then press enter.

If nothing happens, either your ini isn't edited right or you made a typo.

Try something easy like "turbo" (my favourite cheat) first to make sure.

yea can everyone just stop complaining about my impatience (i was kind of in a hurry, my apologies). Well i couldnt have mispelled it since i copied it and pasted it into the ini file. But problem sloved thanks to the KSE!!! That thing rocks....

yea can everyone just stop complaining about my impatience (i was kind of in a hurry, my apologies). Well i couldnt have mispelled it since i copied it  and pasted it into the ini file. But problem sloved thanks to the KSE!!! That thing rocks....

You must have made a typo in the game itself.

Again, THERE IS NO PROMPT. It is invisible.

You press the key, type in the cheat, press enter. If it works, it works, if not, you made a typo.