Baldur's Gate Rights

X-Men Legends 2 is coming out, Hunter: Redeemer sold well, and Gauntlet: Seven (not Six) Sorrows might be a good entry in said sub-genre.

Do we really need another Dark Alliance?

I really dont see where else they could go at least in the traditional view. Despite its flaws JE did give a taste of what a game like DA could be like in a more forward looking third person and it was a taste I rather liked.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, I'd go for BG:DA3 in a heart beat! Mainly because the DA series is one of the VERY FEW good games that has two-player capability. I don't want to play AGAINST each other. I want to be a team. (Thought I was going to say "I want to play with each other", didn't ya? :p )

AND it's one of the VERY FEW decent RPGs for the xbox. If I'm playing solo - I'm on the PC. The xbox gets used when me and the sweetie both want to play. We've been looking for good two-player RPG titles, and there just aren't that many around.

And yes, the cliff hanger at the end drives me nuts! I want to get "the rest of the story" dang it!

Well, I'd go for BG:DA3 in a heart beat!  Mainly because the DA series is one of the VERY FEW good games that has two-player capability.  I don't want to play AGAINST each other.  I want to be a team.  (Thought I was going to say "I want to play with each other", didn't ya?  :p  )

AND it's one of the VERY FEW decent RPGs for the xbox.  If I'm playing solo - I'm on the PC.  The xbox gets used when me and the sweetie both want to play.  We've been looking for good two-player RPG titles, and there just aren't that many around. 

And yes, the cliff hanger at the end drives me nuts!  I want to get "the rest of the story" dang it!

Oh thats right you dont get the Champions series on the Xbox.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, I'd go for BG:DA3 in a heart beat!  Mainly because the DA series is one of the VERY FEW good games that has two-player capability.  I don't want to play AGAINST each other.  I want to be a team.  (Thought I was going to say "I want to play with each other", didn't ya?  :p  )

AND it's one of the VERY FEW decent RPGs for the xbox.  If I'm playing solo - I'm on the PC.  The xbox gets used when me and the sweetie both want to play.  We've been looking for good two-player RPG titles, and there just aren't that many around. 

And yes, the cliff hanger at the end drives me nuts!  I want to get "the rest of the story" dang it!

Again, X-Men Legends and Hunter: Redeemer are basically the exact same game as Dark Alliance with a different setting. I even heard they used the same engine.

X-Men Legengs 2 is coming out, and we may see another Hunter title, and a rumored Exalted title. Gauntlet Seven Sorrows has a killer resume of devs working on it, so it may be the first title in that genre to really shine in a while.

And what is the worst title in that sub-genre? D&D Heroes or Fallout: POS?

FO:BOS was pretty fun despite how much it got slagged. It was actually more challenging than either BGDA. I haven't played D&D Heroes so I cna't comment.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What would you like to nominate?

Eternal Quest <shudder>

Games which have a lot of projectile combat suffer from the over head view. Not enough vision range to make guns like they should be.

478327[/snapback]