More evidence that Obsidian is doing KOTORIII ?

Only reason of why KotOR 2 needs a sequel is that Chris confuses Matrix Revolution with The Empire Strikes Back and failed to make a proper ending to the game.

I believe this needs to be repeated:

Only reason of why KotOR 2 needs a sequel is that Chris confuses Matrix Revolution with The Empire Strikes Back and failed to make a proper ending to the game.

manthing2.jpg

Some of you are really overestimating the influence of internet-message-boards. A huuge majority doesn't even know about the cut material, nor do they care about it.

-TSL got excellent reviews and some RPG of the year awards

-TSL got pretty much the same user grades as KOTOR

Why do people always believe that their opinion is shared by everyone?

Just because some people on a message-board didn't like something, doesn't mean that it's the common believe of everyone else, too ;)

Some of you are really overestimating the influence of internet-message-boards.  A huuge majority doesn't even know about the cut material, nor do they care about it.

Just because some people on a message-board didn't like something, doesn't mean that it's the common believe of everyone else, too ;)

Sage advice.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Some of you are really overestimating the influence of internet-message-boards.  A huuge majority doesn't even know about the cut material, nor do they care about it.

Just because some people on a message-board didn't like something, doesn't mean that it's the common belief of everyone else, too ;)

I don't agree that acquiescing to a dumbed-down mentality is conducive to the feedback process, nor germane to the development cycle.

In other words:

People Power! Spread the Word, further than the bad reviews in the gamer magazines and interent sites! Co-opt public buildings and spaces into the master plan! MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Just because some people on a message-board didn't like something, doesn't mean that it's the common believe of everyone else, too :rolleyes:

Just because it's not a common belief of everyone, doesn't mean that it's not a valid opinion.

TSL got some excellent reviews, many good reviews, and some less favourable reviews. And forgive my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean by user grades?

It's always hard to assess these things, so the following is my impression only, and fully open to challenge. I think that a majority of players who completed the game were unimpressed by the ending, and that of those, the majority who come across information about the cut ending say that the cut endings would have been preferable to the actual ending.

Until or unless a proper survey is conducted and the results released, I can't know for sure, though, and neither can anyone else.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

And besides, I pre-ordered and bought K2 reagardless of the initial (and inaccurate) reviews it received. (Obviously the reviewers hadn't palyed the game to its conclusion.)

I won't do that again, and I don't think I'm the only one.

PS The magazines have all printed updated reviews talking down their initial high marks.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Most of the reviews I read didn't really represent my impressions of the game.

In most every aspect, KOTOR:2 was a huge improvement over the first game save for a few aspects.

1 - Bugs. KOTOR had some serious bugs, but KOTOR:2 clearly had more.

2 - The Ending was incomplete

Overall story preference is subjective, but KOTOR:2 had better characters, dialogue and depth overall.

Yet most reviews I read said KOTOR:2 wasn't quite as good as the original and failed to improve on the original in any real noticable way.

TSL got some excellent reviews, many good reviews, and some less favourable reviews.  And forgive my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean by user grades?

User grades are like those reader ratings. From memory KOTOR II scored 85% officially on gamespot and had a 92% user rating last time I looked.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Really?  Which magazines have done that?

None that I know of, it would be as much as saying we didnt do our job right in the first place.Magazines are supposed to make it clear what sort of copy the review is based on.

The only time this is common (changing scores) is when an earlier imported copy is reviewed and then a UK release copy reviewed sometime later. Eurogamer commonly does this.

reviews are opinion the same as anything else. I wouldnt call them anymore "qualified" than some of the people on here.

478327[/snapback]

Can someone explain the starting message for me? >_<

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

User grades are like those reader ratings. From memory KOTOR II scored 85% officially on gamespot and had a 92% user rating last time I looked.

Difficult to make the case that user grades are a more reliable reflection of opinion than posts on this forum. Neither can make any claim to be representative.

Plus, a lot of people who are critical of certain aspects of the game (like the ending) nevertheless liked the rest of the game. I thought the ending was very weak, but I could still rate the game in the high 80s overall.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

You mean the quote from the Bioware thread?

I might be able to, if you were a bit more specific about what exactly you wanted explained.

478327[/snapback]

Plus, a lot of people who are critical of certain aspects of the game (like the ending) nevertheless liked the rest of the game.  I thought the ending was very weak, but I could still rate the game in the high 80s overall.

Same here. It would be foolish to try to justify the ending. But it would likewise be foolish to dismiss the whole game because of it.

478327[/snapback]

You mean the quote from the Bioware thread?

I might be able to, if you were a bit more specific about what exactly you wanted explained.

Oh, nothing. I got it now. :">

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

i still dont believe it, remember when some **** on biowares forums said there was a sneak peek at k3 if u play the game like 6 times 3 female 3 male then breakdown of the paths u can take and everyone believed him for a little bit? so im not believing k3 till i see evidence

It was an official Bioware post had the tag and was in the developer area.

Someone linked it in another thread but you have to be a member to actually use the search function.

478327[/snapback]