More evidence that Obsidian is doing KOTORIII ?

All that means crap, Bastila and you know it.

Take a look at KotOR 2.  Look at its quality, its support, and give it a good analytical break down.  That game deserves no sequel.  Let the series die and be done with it.

No 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit its not crap. Yes Kotor 2 ending was a flaw but I know for a fact that there are at least a few hints for a third Kotor.Kotor does deserve a sequal. As you probably already know Revan is a popular figure and people want to know what happened to Revan.

I agree with Bastilla, 6 foot rabbit, they have to make another one other wise its many questions that don't add up: who/what/where is the true sith,what happened to Revan? p.s sorry Bastilla , Obsidian just ain't going to do any more kotor.

As one review said, KotOR2 was made because a sequel to KotOR had to be made ....

KotOR needed no sequel, BioWare made a game that had a start and a ending and then KotOR2 was made to cash in the popularity of that game (after all they managed to get KotOR enties into the Database with all their spam).

KotOR2 have no merits of its own, its foundations are build in KotOR.

Only reason of why KotOR 2 needs a sequel is that Chris confuses Matrix Revolution with The Empire Strikes Back and failed to make a proper ending to the game.

If KotOR3 is made is just because KotOR2 was a big failure in providing something close to a ending.

drakron.png

I agree with Bastilla, 6 foot rabbit, they have to make another one other wise its many questions that don't add up: who/what/where is the true sith,what happened to Revan? p.s sorry Bastilla , Obsidian just ain't going to do any more kotor.

No business cares about the narrative integrity of a fantasy story, regardless of how important you think it is.

A sequel will only be made if there is a perceived return on investment.

As the second game reached "Best RPG on 2005" (was there any competition? :shifty: ), there is likely to be some momentum towards a sequel as a "quick win"; however, judging by the animosity in the fora to K2, it is likely that LA have used up any goodwill from the first game in the incomplete release of the second.

So it really doesn't matter how much anyone individually wants a sequel, or to see Revan or the Exile again, or even to swing a lightsabre; it only matters whether there is a paycheque at the end of the exercise; a meal of fresh bread for all those doing the henny-penny breadmaking.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

When will you people give up and realise that neither BioWare or OE is ever going to touch anything KoTOR related again. And considering they dropped development of it, neither will LucasArts.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why does it deserve a sequel?  You have yet answered this question to my satisfaction.  Story wise, character development, and their interaction with the rules system given gives NO ROOM FOR A SEQUEL.  Also I don't care what happened to Revan.  Revan's tory and relevance ended with the first KotOR.  He was at max level.  Exile's relevance ended with KotOR 2.  He was beyond what is the max level for Star Wars d20.

A game with a poor story, poor characters, poor support, and poor rules implementation  does not deserve a sequel.

Sorry, but it's money that talks, not quality.

Besides, Kotor II was head and shoulders above its predecessor in many of the departments you listed. I wonder if you kids just can't get over the "wow" of the Revan spoiler or something. KOTOR was a poptart: sweet, but not too bright. KOTOR II was steak, it just wasn't cooked long enough, and like steak, some people are just fine with that.

Why does it deserve a sequel?  You have yet answered this question to my satisfaction.  Story wise, character development, and their interaction with the rules system given gives NO ROOM FOR A SEQUEL.  Also I don't care what happened to Revan.  Revan's tory and relevance ended with the first KotOR.  He was at max level.  Exile's relevance ended with KotOR 2.  He was beyond what is the max level for Star Wars d20.

A game with a poor story, poor characters, poor support, and poor rules implementation  does not deserve a sequel.

Besides, Kotor II was head and shoulders above its predecessor in many of the departments you listed. I wonder if you kids just can't get over the "wow" of the Revan spoiler or something. KOTOR was a poptart: sweet, but not too bright. KOTOR II was steak, it just wasn't cooked long enough, and like steak, some people are just fine with that.

But I like my rib fillet blue, and I thought KotOR 2 sucked.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

But I like my rib fillet blue, and I thought KotOR 2 sucked.

I, for one, was pleased that they actually made an original story rather than recycling one of their old ones. I can't say I was amused when I discovered I was playing Neverwinter Nights all over again in KOTOR.

Ah, but how far the fall from the potential glory of the narrative in K2 to the dismal caricature that it manefested itself as ... how much worse the feeling of disapointment in this case than just to be playing the usual "chosen one" plot.

It could have been spectacular. It might have been a modern classic. Alas it was a dud.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I, for one, was pleased that they actually made an original story rather than recycling one of their old ones. I can't say I was amused when I discovered I was playing Neverwinter Nights all over again in KOTOR.

They recycled Planescape:Torment story.

Just because you did not recognized it was recycled does not mean it was not, most stories share the same basic concepts but in KotOR2 the story they recycled did not worked for that expecific setting.

drakron.png

Ah, but how far the fall from the potential glory of the narrative in K2 to the dismal caricature that it manefested itself as ... how much worse the feeling of disapointment in this case than just to be playing the usual "chosen one" plot.

It could have been spectacular. It might have been a modern classic. Alas it was a dud.

That's the price of gambling with LA. Eventually you're going to lose.

For my own part, I can't even stand playing KOTOR after KOTOR II. It's like just finishing Titus Andronicus and then being told that all you have left to read are stories written for third graders.

Ah, but Torment was a good story.

Just because you did not recognized it was recycled does not mean it was not, most stories share the same basic concepts but in KotOR2 the story they recycled did not worked for that expecific setting.

Kotor 2 was similar to Planescape: Torment, but then, most stories are recycled in one way or another. I thought they made it work well for the Star Wars setting - in fact, they made Star Wars more interesting by applying some concepts and ambiguities that are actually more interesting, to me at least. Kotor 2 was a flawed masterpiece, not a failure. It just needed a bit more time/effort to make the storytelling coherent and get the ending right.

It will be a challenge for any developer other than Obsidian to create Kotor 3 and incorporate elements of Kotor 2 successfully. I foresee some major simplifications, and I doubt Kreia will even get a mention.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

i bet you somebody will believe this to be 100% confirmation and report it on another forum and thus more fuel will be added to the fire of rumour :thumbsup:

#

Great idea :p

..what? :blink: no! that was not my intention!! :angry: ....actually upon reflection i guess it may be fun to create false hopes for all the revanites out there :devil:

*recalls the time he claimed the restoration project was shut down by Lucasarts* hehe :)