Playing a 'real' Jedi

Instead of downloading all kind of mods to make the game harder, you could opt for playing a Jedi like in the Star Wars movies. What rules should be in effect? Like:

- No use of shields;

- No healing, except when you are able to reach a save position, like a med station or the Ebon Hawk. This may be too hard. Perhaps only healing outside of battle;

- No implants;

- No stat boosting equipment, except maybe your own lightsaber and robe;

- No use of Force powers of the opposite side;

- The only headgear allowed is the rebreather.

Do we need restriction on certain skills? What about non-Jedi party members?

Even if that was the case, Force Wave plus Master Flurry still trounces most things.

Neither KOTOR:1 or KOTOR:2 is very difficult. The only difficult moments in KOTOR:2 I encountered where when I wasn't playing with the Exile.

hmm. some of these seem like good ideas, like not healing in battle, people in the movies dont do this, but if you were going to do that then you would either have to fill yourself up on force powers before every battle, or have extremely high combat stats, coz it would sure be hard without much gear..

Even if that was the case, Force Wave plus Master Flurry still trounces most things.

But as a light sided Jedi, you may only attack those enemies that are not stunned by Force Wave. FW is a way to even the odds when attacked by multiple enemies. Some of them probably make their saving throw and are only throwed away, but not stunned. Those you may attack. If all are stunned: time to use a boosting power for self-defense.

hmm. some of these seem like good ideas, like not healing in battle, people in the movies dont do this, but if you were going to do that then you would either have to fill yourself up on force powers before every battle, or have extremely high combat stats, coz it would sure be hard without much gear..

The first rule of every fight is self-defense. So you need a high AC, good blaster bolt deflection, using the right stance, avoid battle when talking is an option.

Done so , with the exception of force healing. I think having to hang around to heal or having to transit back to the EH to heal would be more annoying than fun. Still each to their own.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

as a sith marauder I had only used heal and master fury in the game, but when you play in LS as a jedi consular and a grey jedi the game gets difficult, If there is anyone who wants to play tough then try this : Jedi consular/grey jedi.

as a sith marauder I had only used heal and master fury in the game, but when you play in LS as a jedi consular and a grey jedi the game gets difficult, If there is anyone who wants to play tough then try this : Jedi consular/grey jedi.

Yeah, I've started a new game as a LSM consular. Trying to stay completely LS though: e.g. no 'stealing' from containers in friendly environments, like on Dantooine for example, except from the enclave and the merc's camp in the cave.

it's funny to see sombody jacking medpack's into their system between attacks. I almost do this anyway.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

in the movies nobody has hit points. you get shot you die. you get stabbed you die. there's a stiff breeze you die. you get the point

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Aren't you not meant to use light side "Heal" when you are a Dark Side Sith Marauder?

Irrespective, the hardest part of a consular is the beginning, when the Force Points and Powers are fewer. By the end of the game my Consular had something like 1000 Force Points, which when combined with certain other things

like the Force Power Forms

it didn't matter whether I was casting a diametrically opposite Force Power or spamming Force Valour, I still beat everyone in two rounds.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Irrespective, the hardest part of a consular is the beginning, when the Force Points and Powers are fewer. By the end of the game my Consular had something like 1000 Force Points, which when combined with certain other things

it didn't matter whether I was casting a diametrically opposite Force Power or spamming Force Valour, I still beat everyone in two rounds.

I find the consular by far the easiest class to play, right from the start. I always concentrate on AC and force points. Unlike a guardian or sentinel, a consular has nothing to fear:

- due to the high AC, damage taken in low;

- due to high WIS and CHAR, multiple target are taken out or at least disabled quickly.

Guardians, and to a somewhat lesser extent, Sentinels, are good in dealing damage, but soon find themselves in troubles when encountering large groups of enemies. They simply take too may hits.

Example (spoiler):

When taking Dantooine as the first planet after Telos, a solo Guardian doesn't stand a chance against the 6 mercs outside the cristal cave. A consular with the group disabling forces (LS: wave/stasis, DS: fear/insanity) takes them out easily.

in the movies nobody has hit points. you get shot you die. you get stabbed you die. there's a stiff breeze you die. you get the point

I had a heal option but I didn't use it until I save and quit the game. And if you read the first message in the topic it is about making the game harder. Think about it you are a jedi consular/grey jedi no prestige class and you won't use force recently. If you want top play tough then try this. That's what i say in my message.

I find the consular by far the easiest class to play, right from the start. I always concentrate on AC and force points. Unlike a guardian or sentinel, a consular has nothing to fear:

- due to the high AC, damage taken in low;

- due to high WIS and CHAR, multiple target are taken out or at least disabled quickly.

Guardians, and to a somewhat lesser extent, Sentinels, are good in dealing damage, but soon find themselves in troubles when encountering large groups of enemies. They simply take too may hits.

Example (spoiler):

When taking Dantooine as the first planet after Telos, a solo Guardian doesn't stand a chance against the 6 mercs outside the cristal cave. A consular with the group disabling forces (LS: wave/stasis, DS: fear/insanity) takes them out easily.

I repeat i said grey jedi try to play a grey jedi!!!!!!

I repeat i said grey jedi try to play a grey jedi!!!!!!

What do you think the restrictions of a grey should be? From your first message I understand you don't use the force at all? If you play grey, you don't get a prestige class, which makes the game somewhat tougher. But I think a grey Jedi should be able to use force powers, at least the universal ones.

A gray Jedi should be able to use universal powers yes. But they should also be able to use some DS powers as well as some LS powers, thats the whole thing behind being gray, you are balanced but you dabble in both sides of the force. Personally I dont have the whole dark aspect to be a gray Jedi, although I think that a truly great jedi couldn't be totally good, because they aren't supposed to deal in absolutes. Thats why I like the character of Obi Wan, because he has an edge about him from all of the battles and things that he has seen, especially in the third movie, he has a certain cool calm about himself.