On Star Wars

From what i can tell the Mass Shadow generator is basically a Interdictors Grav generators (from Tie fighter and about a dozen other games/books and anything starwars) hooked to a planet. What this did was cause the mass of the planet to increase geometricly and caused it to implode. (ever seen a marshmellow in a pressure chamber? you get the idea) What the remote did was trigger the mass shadow generator to reverse it's mass shadow so instead of an incredibly heavy object creating lots of gravity, it became immensly light, this is what caused the planet to explode. Upon explosion the planet would become a asteroid ring. Interdictors can use a similar tactic to the one above by reversing their gravity generators so instead of keeping somthing in place it goes flying the other way. Plays hell with onboard gravity though (X wing Wedges gamble) :huh:

anyway if you have questions i probably have answers. :geek::geek::thumbsup:

Feel free to ask tho you probably won't get a response until afternoon PST (GMT -8)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

One big flaw about the game (and the whole Mandalorian war thing from K2) is that I never knew what it was when it mattered. Like Bao Dur talks about activating it the first time and all that, but I never knew what it did in the first place! (until checking here to verify what I saw ingame)

I guess this was sorta consistant with how the ending was anyway - just play and don't bother trying to understand.

I don't know anything about Wedge's plan but I do remember that great series of missions where your Interdictor Harpax is being chased by a Rebel Cruiser and Harkov's Star Destroyer (cos they can't escape while that's around) and only the Rebel cruiser was fast enough to catch it...ahh good times.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Do you find it strange that the gravity field is so powerful it can drag ships down to it's surface yet you can walk on the planet with little or no effort?And isn't it odd that the Trayus Academy survived intact when the rest of the planet is a crushed-up wreck?Seems badly thought out to me.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

I got the impression (remember I didn't fully know what the mass gen was based on) that the Academy was some mystical Sith thing held together by an "external force" which ofcourse is the dark side.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

personally i think that they just had to power the thing up, then it imploded, you shut it off and it doesn't instantly explode because it has no reason too. And yeah i didn't like how you have to figure this out (took me 10 minutes but i'm a sw geek) but hey it's nice to know

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.