NBA Finals

mastaGAW

They don't start playing until their backs are against the wall.

But every important playoff series they have won has been against a team with a major injury, and a team weakness. The Pistons are good, but if Miami was healthy, they wouldn't have won Game 7, and I'm not sure the series would have even gone 7 games.

The Spurs are healthier than LA was last year, and far healther than Miami was. And the Spurs are a much better team than either of them.

Detroit shouldn't have dug themselves a hole in this one. They should have played with intensity from game 1.

No thread 'til now because the series (outside of game 5) has been boring. Detroit may have dug themselves a big hole with the game 5 loss as well. I can see them winning one game in SA; but two? Very doubtful.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Pistons will break so many records if they win. This series has taken precedent over so much important news in my area. The factory where Henry Ford first started building model burned down and took a whole city block with it but the series has been so intense everybody around here just about forgot. Pistons will win in the fourth quarter it'll turn into a blowout probaly. I just can't believe Big Ben leads the game in scoring right now. If the Pistons win either him or Chauncey will be MVP. If the Spurs win it 'll probaly be Ginobilli, who do you think will be MVP?

The series would have went 7 games in Miami if Wade wouldn't have gotten hurt. The Pistons still would've won. Can you use same excuse you used for Miami for the Pacers. If Artest was there I doubt they still would have won. The Spurs aren't injury ridden so when the Pistons win it will prove they are the best in the NBA.

"Duncan and the Spurs always choke under pressure though"

That totally explains why they have three titles in the last 7 years, and he has 3 MVP awards.

"The series would have went 7 games in Miami if Wade wouldn't have gotten hurt. The Pistons still would've won."

No, they wouldn't have. Healthy Wade + Healthy Shaq = Unbeatable.

"The Spurs aren't injury ridden so when the Pistons win it will prove they are the best in the NBA."

I guess they couldn't prove they wer ebest in the NBA?

HAHAHAHAHA!

The arrogant, overrated (but still very good) Pistons' unearned delusional 'mystique' has been squashed.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Congratulations SPURS!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Duncan and the Spurs always choke under pressure though"

That totally explains why they have three titles in the last 7 years, and he has 3 MVP awards.

They've never played in a game 7 have they?? They sure did lose to the Lakers last year didn't they and they weren't all that good. Why is it that if they were so good under pressure it took them 7 years to win 3 titles what happened to the other 4.

"The series would have went 7 games in Miami if Wade wouldn't have gotten hurt. The Pistons still would've won."
No, they wouldn't have.  Healthy Wade + Healthy Shaq = Unbeatable.

Yeah thats why they got beat in the regular season and blown out in game 1 before Wade got hurt and face it Shaq's never healthy he's had that foot problem since at least 2001 and was still winning championships just to show that's no excuse as he's still the best center in the NBA.

"The Spurs aren't injury ridden so when the Pistons win it will prove they are the best in the NBA."

I guess they couldn't prove they wer ebest in the NBA?

How many other teams made it to the finals + they had a harder path through the playoffs than the Spurs otherwise you'd got me. Oh wait no you don't because if Miami's as good as you claim they would have destroyed the Spurs (which wouldn't have happened)

HAHAHAHAHA!

The arrogant, overrated (but still very good) Pistons' unearned delusional 'mystique' has been squashed.

How were they overated they haven't been favored to win a conference title or NBA Title neither of these last two years but they did. I guess the mystique comes from the fact that they can win so much without a superstar and just a team

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Congratulations SPURS!

I guess they were bad as in good because out of 30 teams in the NBA they are in the top 2. Though I do think they should have their own nickname instead of Bad Boys 2.

I'm glad it was an exciting series though it kinda sucks that Detroit would have broken so many records if they had won but didn't. I hope these teams play again nextyear perhaps make it will turn out like the old Celtics Lakers rivalries. I wonder will happen to Larry Brown? I am kinda surprised Duncan got the MVP but he did have a great game. The Spurs have validated their title.

Who does evereybody think will be the big trades next season?

Maybe since the Pistons lost overshadowed news of these past few weeks will come out again such as how the factory where Henry Ford started the assembly line and first built his Model T Ford burned down along with the whole city block it was on burned down in Detroit 3 days ago. The fire is still going.

Here is the scary thing.

San Antonio is probably returning the whole team next year.

Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are all under 30, and all under contract through 2011.

San Antonio didn't dominate all year as the best team, but they proved they can beat any team and any style in the playoffs.

Cleveland will trade for a free agent.  Lebron doesn't like the team, they've got a new owner, a new GM (soon to be) and a new coach.  Expect major personal changes.

If the Cavaliers don't hold onto Lebron, then they must be really messed up with their upper management.

Congrats to the Spurs and Duncan, though he better fix his free throws if he wants to be called the greatest power forward of all time. He seems to choke on free throws under pressure and just got lucky in game 7 that the Pistons did not take advantage of his biggest weakness.

Well, Detroit plays big in Game 7's.

I say Spurs win it.

Duncan and the Spurs always choke under pressure though, unless Robert Horry and Brent Barry come through with their three-pointers.

eat crow :devil:

Hey, Parker choked big time. Duncan made something like 20% of his shots.

Why do you think Horry and Barry were playing major minutes instead of Parker and Nazi Mohammed(not sure about the spelling)?

So I was partially right. :p

Well, Detroit plays big in Game 7's.

I say Spurs win it.

Duncan and the Spurs always choke under pressure though, unless Robert Horry and Brent Barry come through with their three-pointers.

eat crow :p

Hey, Parker choked big time. Duncan made something like 20% of his shots.

Why do you think Horry and Barry were playing major minutes instead of Parker and Nazi Mohammed(not sure about the spelling)?

So I was partially right. :wub:

I'm pretty sure at least his name isn't spelled nazi(unless he has hidden german background... :thumbsup: )

mebbe nazr