The most useless character

Which party member did you use the least?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which party member did you use the least?

• G0-T0
    • Kreia
    • Atton
    • Mira or Hanharr
    • T3-M4
    • HK-47
    • Disciple
    • Mandalore
    • Visas
    • Handmaiden

I noticed that during my playthroughs of the game, there were some characters I never used. These included:

G0-T0

T3-M4

HK-47

Mandalore

Visas

I also didn't like these characters because most of their background stories kind of sucked.

What do you think?

G0T0 blows... IMO.. pompous arrogant ball of crap that goes down the first in a fight :devil:

But in their defense, HK47 and G0T0 have VERY interesting back stories if you get enough influence with them...

HK47 for example, can actually "train" you in effective ways to kill Jedi/Sith and also "train" you to defend against attacks from Force users...

If only for giggles... use KSE or various influence mods just to listen to their stories... you'll be pleasantly surprised

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

Yes, HK-47 and G0-T0 have good back stories at a point in the game when you have most likely exhausted those of your other companions.

It's just a shame that they are so hard to unlock for LS players. They don't know what they are missing (HK-47 mimicking Carth and Bastilla is gold).

But I had to vote for G0-T0. What is the point of the flying b*ll*ck without the HK Factory?

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Good poll topic! As I reflected on how useless G0T0 was to me; the following came to mind as and end-of-game dialog addition.

Handmaiden to Bao Dur [after Ebon Hawk escapes Malachor]: "I could just kiss you for sacrificing your remote to lure that pompous and useless G0T0 to his demise."

Never had much use for GOTO. T3 definately has it's uses plus it gets it's own solo time.

HK can be be quite powerful but nothing compared to a Jedi. With the Jedi it's all in the build. Hanhaar , well thats guy is just scary.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I never used Kreia much. I mean when you have Visas, Mira, and Handmaiden, why ask an old hag to follow you around?

Additional XP, perhaps? Kreia is good for a bonus on every bit of XP you get...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

G0T0 was the most useless char for me, and i never used kreia because i was always trying to get influence with other people than her. Also she's not a very interestin char to me i much prefer attons backstory. Also i would like to know what hk did in the interveneing years between games

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the only time i would use hk is on duxn when you go to freedon nadds tomb (which should have already been pillaged according to EU stuff) You initiate the kill all organics protocol and set hk on solo and have him join the fun because he won't get shot at by the droids. certainly allows you to get by that portion a little easier

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You mean the force bond that boost both you and Kreia? Is it that helpful?

Kreia gives bonus XP which goes up as she levels. Think its something like 3% 5% 7%

Another good thing for Kreia is to be really careful with the powers you give her and she will autobuff both of you. Unofrtunately because of the way the powers work and because you cant switch them on and off (should learn from Tales of Symphonia) you will have to give her some useless powers.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Good poll topic!  As I reflected on how useless G0T0 was to me; the following came to mind as and end-of-game dialog addition.

Handmaiden to Bao Dur [after Ebon Hawk escapes Malachor]: "I could just kiss you for sacrificing your remote to lure that pompous and useless G0T0 to his demise."

Huh, I don't understand. I played through the game as a LS male and after my fight with Kreia the cutscene happened where the planet collapses and the Ebon Hawk appears and we fly away. There was no after the fact conversation as I recall.

You mean the force bond that boost both you and Kreia? Is it that helpful?

Initially she gives a 3% bonus to XP gained at level 1, 5% at level 7 and 7% at level 13.

Not much, but over the full game it is good for tens of thousands of XP points and a level up or two. So, I only ditch her when I want to gain influence with someone else, or I'm about to do something she won't like. And then only for a little while.

I liked Mira, but the special rocket launcher thing never worked for me. It just didn't seem all that special.

Hanharr was more fun - if you're a darksider, then you get to be really really nasty to him. Good roleplaying fun.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)