Enemy saves...

Debating taking the Stun line up to Stasis Field, but I'm a Guardian, so I don't exactly have high wis/cha modifiers. :rolleyes:

Is this a wise investment, or is it going to be nearly useless to me? I've got base 10 cha and 12 wis, as per the recommended stats.

While Stasis Field in itself is a higher power and more difficult to save against, I honestly (in my opinion) don't think it would be worthy with the attribute points you've listed...

Whenever I play a Guardian, LS or DS, I mainly focused on Heal, and 1 or 2 offensive powers such as Force Storm or Plague... leave the buffs and defensive for the Consulars and/or high attribute point Sentinels....

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

Hmm.. when I tried to play darkside I had a ton of wis but was a sentinal and without that consular penetration thingy they have I wasn't able to do much with my force powers. I never get to the 30+ levels like it seems some do here though.

In the early levels (1-15), your offensive powers will probably fail if you are a guardian: you lack the CHAR and WIS modifiers and the +4 bonus of being a consular. Together they probably give the consular a +9 advantage over the guardian: (+2 CHAR, +3 WIS, +4 Master Force Focus). I am assuming here that the guardian has low WIS and CHAR, while the consular has high ones and has even increased his WIS.

A average enemy has a saving throw of roughly your_level + 1d20. So if you are level 15, an enemy will have an estimated saving throw between 16 and 36. As a level 15 consular your offensive force has a difficulty of your_level + CHAR mod + WIS mod + 4 (MFF) + 5 (DC of the force) = 15 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 29. So in more then 50% of the cases, the enemy fails to make his save.

This is of cource a consular without any stat improving equipment, like belts, visors, lightsaber cristals, et cetera. As a consular you will probably wearing these items, while as a guardian you probably will consentrate on defense and offense, ignoring WIS and CHAR improving items. A typical dressed up consular has a DC of 34 at level 15. So enemies will fail their saving throws in about 85% of the cases.

A level 15 guardian using an offensive spell would have a difficulty of 15 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 5 = 20. So an enemy will make his save in more than 80% of the cases. With other words: only 1 out of 5 attempts will succeed.