Thumbs up for new Batman.

Very good film exceeded all expectations (ok I had really low expectations but anyway).

All the actors seemed to fit their parts very well. Neeson was a better "Jedi" in Batman than in EP I thanks in no small part to some better writing.

The guy who played batman did justice ( :lol: ) to both Batman and Wayne.

The batmobile is going to be a love hate thing. It dosnt look like anything I've seen in batman before. But it does look like it could actually exist. Same goes for most of the movie, for the most part its very down to earth nothing too outlandish.

The way batman fights is also very different. And the theme of fear is constantly revisited. And while it had funny moments, none of it was at the expense of the genre. Everyone seemed to be taking the movie very seriously and it came across as a serious movie, not a comic book action flick.

Fight scenes are a little ropey (mostly the face to face stuff) but it's the interaction between the characters that really makes it the best batman movie I've seen.Katie Holmes didnt really do much , but she has the potential to be a very good batgirl :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

if i had the chance then i would go see it, but i wouldnt make a special effort, because im not really that interested seeing as how the story plot is probably over the top predictable and maybe theres some emotional crap entwined into it, but im not sure so anyone willing to tell me i would appreciate it.

i think the bat tank was inspired by the batmobile in The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel.

In addiotn to being the worlds greatest detective he is supposed to be a kick ass martial artist ( not a clumsy buffoon like in the other films) and the bat suit is all part of his fear thing, cos criminals are a superstitious and cowardly bunch :rolleyes:

i think the bat tank was inspired by the batmobile in The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel.

In addiotn to being the worlds greatest detective he is supposed to be a kick ass martial artist ( not a clumsy buffoon like in the other films) and the bat suit is all part of his fear thing, cos criminals are a superstitious and cowardly bunch :thumbsup:

Moral of the story: In every rapist there is the potential to do good.

manthing2.jpg

Thanks for the impressions. I'll definetly watch.

No bat nipples!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The actor's name is Christian Bale.

I have yet to see the movie as I've been attending the College World Series. I do want to catch it as soon as I can.

I have been told there is a bit of a twist to the movie, and the ending is fantastic. This isn't your standard comic book movie.

I liked how Gordon put things at the end. He expressed his concerns about the criminals upping the ante and taking things to the next level.

It just goes to show that nothing is without consequence, whatever your intentions might be, good or bad.

I agree with both of those. It's a great movie on its own merits and unlike the other batman movies dosnt try to be a live action cartoon.

The animated series is the best on screen interperation of Batman. Until Begins that is :(

I'd still say the animated series is the best on screen interpretation of Batman. Batman is a detective, the animated series is the only on screen interpretation that is too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The animated series is the best on screen interperation of Batman. Until Begins that is :(

batwhisper2.jpg

-Psst! Did you notice anything wrong with above statement, Robin?

-Holy neglection Batman! What about us?! We're the best ever!

-We sure are Robin.

:D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That is the gayest interpretation of Batman (Battyman) and although it is funny (due to campness) and so has some sort of right to exist. It is commonly misperceived as the origin of Batman and teh ultimate canon. FOr that reason it should be stricken from history. :(

Edit: SAW BAtman tonight, it very cool. MAny stuff i like but no talk about.

The gayest interpretation of Batman was the nipple suit. I cringed when I saw it.

I seriously did think Batman was gay in that one. Gotham is about to be frozen over in a few minutes and what do they do? Take the time to change into new outfits and find snow vehicles to ride on.

Batman and Robin was the worst movie in the series.

Can anyone here tell me how many Batman movies there are? If you can, you get a cookie.

By the way, I think Batman Begins has the best third act of any superhero movie ever.

Batman and Robin was the worst movie in the series.

Can anyone here tell me how many Batman movies there are?  If you can, you get a cookie.

By the way, I think Batman Begins has the best third act of any superhero movie ever.

I want to say six (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman Begins, whatever the campy one with Adam West was called), but I'm not sure if there was more than one Batman movie with Adam West in it. Plus, there might be another one in the seventies or something, like the long forgotten Spiderman Movie. You know, the one where the hippy kids built a dirty bomb for an enviromental protest, Spidey got wind of it, and had to save them before they contaminated the city with the deadly radiation clinging to their bodies after the dirty bomb blew up in their faces.

Batman - 1943 - Serial version time forgot.

Batman - 1966 - Adam West version. My favorite two scenes are when they are tied to a bouy and a missle is racing towards the dynamic duo. Certain death and doom! Then suddenly they are driving away safely in the Batmobile and Robin says "Thank goodness that dolphin jumped infront of us and gave its life to save us!" Nevermind how they got down. Next there is a bomb that is going to explode on a crowded beach with a short fuse. It's actually a round black bomb with a short fuse. Batman must carry that thing for two minutes looking for an area on the beach that isn't crowded, and eventually he says "Some days you just can't find a place to get rid of a bomb!"

Batman - 1989 - Tim Burton version that was called the movie of the decade. It's barely watchable today due to poor pacing.

Batman Returns - 1992 - If nothing else, Danny was good as the Penguin.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - 1993 - Paul Dini may have made the best Batman. The cartoon Batman movies are far better than the Schumacker movies.

Batman Forever - 1995 - Not horrible, though silly.

Batman & Robin - 1997- Nipples and cod pieces were added.

Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero - 1998 - Not as good as Mask of the Phantom, but again far better than the big budget Schumacker movies.

The Batman/Superman Movie - 1998 - This made me a sad, sad panda. Why ruin Paul Dini's great cartoon?

Batman Beyond: The Movie - 1999 - A futuristic take on Batman

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker - 2001 - Never saw it.

Batman Begins - 2005 - Return to glory.

I think that makes 12.

Batman - 1943 - Serial version time forgot.

Batman - 1966 - Adam West version.  My favorite two scenes are when they are tied to a bouy and a missle is racing towards the dynamic duo.  Certain death and doom!  Then suddenly they are driving away safely in the Batmobile and Robin says "Thank goodness that dolphin jumped infront of us and gave its life to save us!"  Nevermind how they got down.  Next there is a bomb that is going to explode on a crowded beach with a short fuse.  It's actually a round black bomb with a short fuse.  Batman must carry that thing for two minutes looking for an area on the beach that isn't crowded, and eventually he says "Some days you just can't find a place to get rid of a bomb!"

Batman - 1989 - Tim Burton version that was called the movie of the decade.  It's barely watchable today due to poor pacing.

Batman Returns - 1992 - If nothing else, Danny was good as the Penguin.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - 1993 - Paul Dini may have made the best Batman.  The cartoon Batman movies are far better than the Schumacker movies.

Batman Forever - 1995 - Not horrible, though silly.

Batman & Robin - 1997- Nipples and cod pieces were added.

Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero - 1998 - Not as good as Mask of the Phantom, but again far better than the big budget Schumacker movies.

The Batman/Superman Movie - 1998 - This made me a sad, sad panda.  Why ruin Paul Dini's great cartoon?

Batman Beyond: The Movie - 1999 - A futuristic take on Batman

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker - 2001 - Never saw it.

Batman Begins - 2005 - Return to glory.

I think that makes 12.

Oh bother, I knew about the animated ones, I thought we were talking live action here. I declare I missed the serial and that is it!

To be fair, I've seen the Superman serial, but not the Batman one, I'll have to look for it, I <3 camp.