A long complain letter

romeo_longsword

Below is a long complain letter to a British ISP who has placed me in a rather strange position and I wounder if anyone has a simular experience, enjoy.

14th June 2005.

Dear Bulldog,

I am writing a complaint letter regarding my experience with Bulldog since October 2004.

For the last few weeks I have been exchanging emails and communications with the Bulldog Customer Service and the finance Department. Unfortunately, I found that all the replies do not satisfy the chain of problems I am currently having with Bulldog, and I feel that my case would require a higher degree of attention from you in order to achieve a clear understanding.

My complaint letter is regarding to my experience and problems with two different accounts with Bulldog, each have their own problems and one is not connected to the other. Most of these problems are based on the lack of attention and communication from Bulldog. Therefore I would greatly appreciate if the customer service department would try to understand the whole of my letter in detail rather than following the tradition of making up your own assumptions and providing unsatisfying or even irrelevant answers and explanations.

Regarding to Account: BDOL******.

I was overcharged on my billing from your finance department, and I must say that I am shocked at how your company would function in such a way that would break contract with your customer.

When I called Bulldog to apply for an account for the first time in October, your sale team told me once my connection is established I can "try" your October package for three months for free. This October package include the phone line rental and the 4mb broadband connection monthly rental in a total sum of

Bulldog is the only one that pvodes a 4MB connection (yes UK ISPs are stingy with their bandwidth) and no download cap. Unfortunately they also have very poor customer service and a poor record of reliability.

Oh, very well then... 1mb connection is more than enough for me...

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Actually romeo you should just threaten to cancel your your account with Bulldog and see what they say. But from your experience with their apology offers i would ultimately recommend changing your ISP and then make an official complaint to the trading standards body. I foget their name try googling it.

I got the inside scoop on a vaguely similar trouble with an ISP. My dad was buying a satellite broadband connection from a company where two of my best friends worked on the back office(not sure if its a correct translation, its the guys who know what they're doing) support.

Anyway my dad was left to wait for weeks and months while they just said that they were working on it. So I asked them what the real problem was, and it came out that they hadnt been able to contract a tech for setting up the system at dads house. There were no locals with the required skills and noone wanted to travel 1000km from the capital to set it up.

They hadnt told dad what was really going on because that would have made them look incompetent :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A 1Mb connection in the hand is better than a 4Mb connection in the bush - or something like that.

It's very easy to keep trying with the same company because you've already invested so much time and effort with them, but it may have been a mistake. This idea of 'We'll give you some free months but we can't record it on your file' - how can they implement it then? How will any other worker know that you should be getting four free months?

I don't know anyone who's had a completely trouble-free time with a broadband ISP, but this is worse than most. :blink: Hopefully, they'll write to you and apologize properly - if they don't, I really recommend ditching them.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yup. Sounds like a bunch of shysters.

For the record I had a pretty OK time in a similar situation with AOL. I decided they weren't worth the money, and they refunded me time when I hadn't been actively using their service, even though I had been signed up with them. Damn fine. Just a shame they're so fething useless as a product.

this is, however, a very long and tedious series of letters. Where are the imaginative insults? Eh EH?

I will now cry.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A 1Mb connection in the hand is better than a 4Mb connection in the bush - or something like that.

It's very easy to keep trying with the same company because you've already invested so much time and effort with them, but it may have been a mistake.  This idea of 'We'll give you some free months but we can't record it on your file' - how can they implement it then?  How will any other worker know that you should be getting four free months?

I don't know anyone who's had a completely trouble-free time with a broadband ISP, but this is worse than most. :lol:  Hopefully, they'll write to you and apologize properly - if they don't, I really recommend ditching them.

Yep, I agree with Steve.

What do you need 4Mb for anyway? Unless you are ripping films, or hosting your own commercial website, I see no need for the extravagence. I signed up with NTL, got a free year's phone rental and 1Mb line for under

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

As someone who has served their time in customer service I know damn well that insults get the letter shuffled away. But no self-respecting company just bins them. I was simply referring to the fact that sometimes one must admit that a good insult is the most satisfaction you are going to get out of a company.

My bottom line is that a company that hires monkeys and pays them peanuts so they have ill-educated ill-tempered monkeys neither deserves nor gets my business. It does not cost much in time or effort to create a good customer service team, compared with the benefits to the customer.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.