Framerate slow down in Jekk Jekk Tar

I was wondering if I am the only one with this problem, in no matter what I do the game becomes choppy for me when I get into the Jekk Jekk Tar. I made my graphics bare min and it is still choppy. This is a minor problem, but I am curious if this is game issue or my computer that is at fault. I have an nvidia card.

I was wondering if I am the only one with this problem, in no matter what I do the game becomes choppy for me when I get into the Jekk Jekk Tar.  I made my graphics bare min and it is still choppy.  This is a minor problem, but I am curious if this is game issue or my computer that is at fault.  I have an nvidia card.

My card is NVidia, too, and I don't have a noticeable slowdown. Are you just wandering there or have you been summoned to meet Visquis? If the latter,

does it get better as you kill the patrons off? There are an unusually high number of people for one area, and that might be slowing things down.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Same problem here...even after i killed all the people inside. The slow down isnt bad, but a bit bothering. I`ve downloaded all the fixes for ati cards, but this slow down still remains. Guess im stuck with it.

It's probably just the mist/haze. I'm trying to think of another area in the game where the same effect is used, so you can compare. There's the hot tunnel on Peragus where you have to wear the mining shield. Do you get the same problem there?

I just got a really bad slowdown on Nar Shaddaa in the refugee area, when I looked out of the exchange guy's window, but I think that's just because so many small details become visible at once.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's probably just the mist/haze.  I'm trying to think of another area in the game where the same effect is used, so you can compare.  There's the hot tunnel on Peragus where you have to wear the mining shield.  Do you get the same problem there?

I just got a really bad slowdown on Nar Shaddaa in the refugee area, when I looked out of the exchange guy's window, but I think that's just because so many small details become visible at once.

In the Peragus there is smoke coming out in some places. That's when my game is slow.

Also it's so unplayable in the Jek Jek's Tar that I always have to run away from the enemies into the labyrinth.

These maps are not optimized.

The game also uses a lot of particle effects -- the smoke in the Jek Jek Tar and mining tunnels -- And Nvidia cards, especially the FX series, are much slower when it comes to particle rendering than ATI cards.

This engine also doesn't cull objects properly like modern engines do. That means every single thing on a level is being rendered even if you physically can't see it.

A prime example is when you enter, or look out over the Refugee sector. The engine is rendering every single NPC and enviornment detail (rooms, doors, NPCs, tables, chairs, shadows if enabled) that you can't see across the map and on upper levels (Serorcco level) and this is adding more processing to your CPU and GPU.