I'm on my second game, at Telos right now, and I've just noticed that no matter what item I have they are all giving me only 1 part when I try to break them down at a workbench (xbox version). It actually says '1' on everything, and that's with good armor, weapons, they all give only 1 part! Will this glitch go away, or do I have to start a new game? Never had any bugs the first time round, what can I do?

I'm on my second game, at Telos right now, and I've just noticed that no matter what item I have they are all giving me only 1 part when I try to break them down at a workbench (xbox version).  It actually says '1' on everything, and that's with good armor, weapons, they all give only 1 part!  Will this glitch go away, or do I have to start a new game?  Never had any bugs the first time round, what can I do?

its not a glitch, that happebed to me all the time and i like you, have an xbox,don't woory when you progress through the game it will give you better weapons and armor to break down that have more than one component. :)

I'm on my second game, at Telos right now, and I've just noticed that no matter what item I have they are all giving me only 1 part when I try to break them down at a workbench (xbox version).  It actually says '1' on everything, and that's with good armor, weapons, they all give only 1 part!  Will this glitch go away, or do I have to start a new game?  Never had any bugs the first time round, what can I do?

its not a glitch, that happebed to me all the time and i like you, have an xbox,don't woory when you progress through the game it will give you better weapons and armor to break down that have more than one component. :)

I already have good armor and weapons. They should break down into tens or hundreds of parts, (good armor like verpine fiber mesh etc, still says only 1 part when I try to break it down). It's a glitch, how could it not be?

I already have good armor and weapons. They should break down into tens or hundreds of parts, (good armor like verpine fiber mesh etc, still says only 1 part when I try to break it down). It's a glitch, how could it not be?

What about repair treat injury skills are they pretty high also because I think that also has some effect

The Repair skill of your main character (Exile) determines how many parts you get when breaking down an item. This is regardless of who is actually using the workbench. A total repair skill of 20 (including modifiers like some belts, visors or your Intelligence will give) gives you the maximum number of parts.

The only exception is when the Exile is not in the party. But I don't know who's skills are used in that case.

When using the medical bench, the Treat Injury skill of the one using the medbench is used to break down items. Also here, a skill of 20 returns the maximum number of chemicals.

The Repair skill of your main character (Exile) determines how many parts you get when breaking down an item. This is regardless of who is actually using the workbench. A total repair skill of 20 (including modifiers like some belts, visors or your Intelligence will give) gives you the maximum number of parts.

The only exception is when the Exile is not in the party. But I don't know who's skills are used in that case.

When using the medical bench, the Treat Injury skill of the one using the medbench is used to break down items. Also here, a skill of 20 returns the maximum number of chemicals.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. My last (first) character had a very high repair skill, my current one has 0, that explains it. (int 8, I'm making a pure consular/sith lord, with almost everything on wis, char and a bit of str for critical strike). Damn that's going to be problem. Can you buy parts, you can can't you?

Ok thanks for clearing that up.  My last (first) character had a very high repair skill, my current one has 0, that explains it.  (int 8, I'm making a pure consular/sith lord, with almost everything on wis, char and a bit of str for critical strike).  Damn that's going to be problem.  Can you buy parts, you can can't you?

You often find them in containers (they're called components, I think). I never noticed a merchant having them, but I never paid attention because I always make sure to have a high repair skill.

During the play there are some situations that you control a party without the Exile in it. Take advantage of it and break down equipment into components only then. Experiment with different party members to find out who gives the highest return of components.