Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

What about declaring the move, "Russia's secret Death-Ninja battalion suprises everyone from behind and totally flips out and kills everyone because that's as cool as crap, and by that I mean totally awesome wicked!"

Is that valid?

And that was just a theoretical example.  Russia is friendly.

I'm not sure, but that name might give a little too much of the strategy away ... :)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

On this day in 1940...

Operation Catapult is launched

July 3rd 1940, British naval forces destroy the French fleet at Mers-el-Kebir, a port in Algeria, in order to prevent Germany from co-opting the French ships to use in an invasion of Britain.

With the occupation of France, the German aggressor was but a Channel away from Britain. In order to prevent the Germans from using French battleships and cruisers in an attack on Britain, Operation Catapult was conceived: the destruction or capture of every French ship possible. The easiest stage of Catapult was the seizure of those French ships already in British ports. Little resistance was met. But the largest concentration of French warships was at the Oran, Algeria, port of Mers-el-Kebir, where many warships had fled to escape the Germans. This stage of Catapult would prove more difficult.

Britain gave the French ships four choices: join British naval forces in the fight against Germany; hand the ships over to British crews; disarm them; or scuttle them, making them useless to the Germans. The French refused all four choices. Britain then made a concession: Sail to the French West Indies, where the ships would be disarmed or handed over to the United States. The French refused again. So the Brits circled the port and opened fire on the French fleet, killing 1,250 French sailors, damaging the battleship Dunkerque and destroying the Bretagne and the Provence.

On July 4, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill told the House of Commons that he would leave Britain's actions to "history." On July 5, Vichy France broke off diplomatic relations with Britain.

manthing2.jpg

WAR!

Russia Invades Austrian Galicia

By Edward Harrington for The Times, 1 May 1901 0545hrs, Vienna

In an extraordinary press conference held at the Imperial War Ministry this morning at a quarter pass one, ministrial spokesman Colonel Friedrich von Hollenstein annouced that Austria-Hungary and Russia are now in a state of war. The colonel then revealed that on the night of the twenty-ninth of last month, elements of the Russian Army which has since been identified as the First Army of Holy Russia (1AHR) crossed the Austro-Russian border and entered Galicia without provocation. It is understood that the said invading army is still in occupation of that northwestern province. No explanation was given on why the annoucement was only made two days after the preemptive attack.

At about three o'clock on this same day, the Imperial Foreign Ministry has annouced that the Russian Ambassador has requested for his passport and clearance papers. This is an age-old sign of the commencement of war.

So far all attempts to raise Galicia by wired means have failed leading us to suspect that Russian saboteurs have done their work in keeping Galicia in a communications blackout. The Times will continue to monitor the situation and keep the world abreast with the latest developments.

austria.gifhungary19_coa_n6391.gif

The Imperial Chancellory of,

The Austrian Empire and the Kingdom of Hungary

My fellow countrymen:

by the power vested in me by my office as Imperial Chancellor of the Austrian Empire, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Hungary and First Imperial Minister to his Majesty, Emperor Karl I, I hereby make this statement:

On the twenty-nineth of April in the one thousandth nine hundreth and first year of our Lord, without any claims presented to our great government, without any declaration based on legal grounds, the forces of Imperial Russia attacked and invaded our northwestern province of Galicia. As of now a state of war exists between Austria-Hungary and Russia.

This unheard of attack upon our country is perfidy unparalleled in the history of civilized nations. The invasion of our beloved homeland was perpetrated despite the very fact Austria-Empire has not in anyway antagonized or sought to put at risk the security of our Russian aggressors. Whatever excuses or reasons put forth by the Russian government will ultimately be proven false and malicous. Such a infamous deed will be recorded in the annals of time-trusted history as proof of the barbariansm and uncivilization of the government of Tzar Enderwiggin.

Whereas this war was forced upon us and it is neither deserved nor vindicated, it is the very intention of this imperial administration to pursue it to the very end with nothing more than total victory for our great Empire as the sacred mission. Nothing less than the absolute destruction of the enemy's ability and will to wage wars of aggression is acceptable. Nevertheless I must emphasize that our great struggle is against the corrupted Russian Government and not against the Russian people whom we are well aware of, are living in despairing states of persecution and selfdom. Our great crusade to repel and destroy the enemy will also be a herald of emanicipation of the innocent Russian people who yearn for our intervention.

The fall of Galicia is a grevious setback for the Empire, but the hearts of our people still burn strong and the strength of our armies are undiminished. Boldly we shall resist whatever the enemy throws at us as long as there is hope for the salvation of the entire western world. Be stout hearted for the days to come for this war shall be long and taxing. But I have every faith that you will all rise to the occasion and perform what is needed of you for your great Empire. We stand not alone for we have allies and they are very great and they will aid us in their own way for the days to come.

Good Luck! And may the Almighty bless us as we commence this noble undertaking.

Count Aishur Rimscirz

Imperial Chancellor

The Austrian Empire and the kingdom of Hungary

Germany suffers prolonged heatspell

by Bertha Edelweiss, Stuttgart

The recent heatspell which has plagued Germany for the last three days continues without hope of cooling down. Emperor Barlast has been forced to keep diplomatic contacts to a minimum as he has been recommended by his phyiscians to spend his days in the cool darkness of the cellar of the Brandenburg ice cream factory. Reports state that he finds a kind of icicle of Swedish origin named "Piggelin" to be most refreshing and helpful in maintaining sound fluids.

The common man has to recide to simpler solutions "I sleep in a bathtub filled with crushed ice" says Polish athlete Gottfried Lebowski "I made a snorkle out of my sons schult

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Tzar Ender Wiggin the Great offers the following statement:

The benevolent Mother Russia is taken back as Austria has declared war on our fair nation. This is unprovoked and unacceptable. Our army may have wandered into Galacia, but any accusations of offense on our part are premature and unfactual.

Galacia has long been a friendly neighbor of Russia. Neighbors occassionally invite neighbors over. And Russia is the friendly sort of neighbor who likes to come over with a case of the world's finest vodka. That is the sort neighbor that lots of people like to have over.

It is also entirely possible that the Russian army perhaps had a bit too much vodka, and as advocates of safe driving, we may left our tanks parked in Galacia, only so long as to sober up and pick them up tomorrow.

Tzar Ender Wiggin the Great was personally hurt at the accusations and slander thrown our way. We are not barbarians, nor uncivilized. And last time I checked, Galacia hasn't fallen. It is a fine province who enjoys the company of their neighbors, and their neighbor's vodka.

It should be noted the Austrian empire refers to itself as an empire. Their imperialistic desires are evident in their public missive claiming that they will destroy us and claim our lands for themselves. Austria is an aggressor whose bloodlust will never be sated. After they turn on the friendly Russian nation, whom will they turn on next?

Russia will defend itself from all aggressors, but we wish no one harm. We are a peace loving people with fine marksmanship skills.

And Rimscirz's moustache smells of moldy pamesean.

Just under 24 hours until the deadline. Anyone who hasn't yet submitted moves should get their asses around to it, and if anyone wants to change any moves they've already sent me, be sure to do it before the deadline.

Apologies if I've been pretty absent from the forums the past few days. I've been rather absorbed in some books. :)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Lord Jaguar is most curious to know if the Bugatti's he sent met his fellow leaders satisfaction. I mean you'd think he'd at least get a stinking "Thank You" note for delivering only the car of the decade. Damn ingrates. <_<

manthing2.jpg

With just under 2 and a half hours left, one person still hasn't submitted moves.  Said person had better get them in pronto.

Oh, rubbish, This whole moving bussiness is so overrated anyway. The brave, they stay I say!

:)"

That is why I yet again remind of this golden moment in this games history

I'm not gonna send it until the deadline expires,of course :)

Before Baley, before the deadline expires! :-

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Lord Jaguar is most curious to know if the Bugatti's he sent met his fellow leaders satisfaction.  I mean you'd think he'd at least get a stinking "Thank You" note for delivering only the car of the decade. Damn ingrates.  <_<

The Ottomans have placed the automobile in a special undercover enclosure, so that citizens from all over the hol lands, and beyond, may witness the marvel of Italian craftsmanship. (And also ensure that no hidden munitions, inside, would cause any damage, should the detonate.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Lord Jaguar is most curious to know if the Bugatti's he sent met his fellow leaders satisfaction.  I mean you'd think he'd at least get a stinking "Thank You" note for delivering only the car of the decade. Damn ingrates.  <_<

The Ottomans have placed the automobile in a special undercover enclosure, so that citizens from all over the hol lands, and beyond, may witness the marvel of Italian craftsmanship. (And also ensure that no hidden munitions, inside, would cause any damage, should the detonate.)

:cool:

---

I would like to add that the car hasn't arrived tet.

I am expecting it later today.

BugattiType2decoratedwithflowers.jpg

Lord Jaguar hereby sends this special edition Bugatti Type 2 Prototype which has been decorated with flowers in the time to be presented in elegance for the exhibition that is the Banquet of President Kryoxer Baley's wife.

manthing2.jpg

Well, given that poor Aishur got clobbered in the first year, a player might not make it to the fall :(