Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

out of character:

I think its waay too mucb to have until July 1st as a date to send in orders. Im wondering if we could perhaps agree to speed things up a bit to lets say this saturday the 25th?

I mean, Ive already got my moves worked out and Im just dying to get started.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If seven sets of moves are sent to me, all with the instruction that the player is happy for the turn to be concluded early, then I will conclude the turn early, otherwise, feel free to submit your moves early, Kaftan. :)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

*smacks Baley and Metadigital with a pickelhaube*

Its only 20 pages consisting of easy-to-read instructions with plenty of illustrations.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Because the you two (you post-deleting scoundrel) cant be botheed to take 20 min off go through the rules so the rest of us wont have to wait 10 more days for the game to actually start.

Y'know, the huge amount of press this thread has had, as well as those comments makes me wonder just how much diplomacy is actually going on. Please tell me you're all actually sending emails to one another telling lies, promising alliances, making threats, and so on. Right? :thumbsup:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Y'know, the huge amount of press this thread has had, as well as those comments makes me wonder just how much diplomacy is actually going on.  Please tell me you're all actually sending emails to one another telling lies, promising alliances, making threats, and so on.  Right? :thumbsup:

intray.jpg

"Maybe we have! ...and maybe we havent!" *plays doodle*

Vienna Downplays British Concerns, Criticizes Balkan Intervention

By Wilhelm Freyburg for The Times, 23 Apr 1901 0900 hrs, Vienna

Imperial Foreign Minister Prinz Eugenz Maxilimian Karl Zu-Dohna has expressed his disappointment in Great Britain's attitude towards the Austro-German mutual defence conference and says that the British are operating on the wrong mindset.

In the monthly foreign office press conference, he said that the British should have no concerns over Berlin's overtures as they were of peaceful intentions and in no way do they compromise the stability of Europe. He also added that scant remarks by the irresponsible British press would serve only to bring about misunderstandings and give rise to unwarranted tension between the two powers.

"The British of all people should recall from the annals of history that the German people had been at the brunt of all aggression since the sixteenth century. We are the victims here, not the aggressors." He said.

He also added that so far British intervention in the Balkans have not defused the tense confrontation between the Ottoman Turks and the Russians and more must be done so that the region does not fall in total civil strife.

BREAKING NEWS :

Serial convict escapes in U.S., Lord Jaguar grants diplomatic immunity!

fbi-snake.jpg

The notorious felon known as Snake mysteriously broke out of maximum securtiy prison in the late hours of last night. While no law enforcement authorites were killed in the incident, Chief Wiggun - a relative of the Great Tzar Wiggin - stated that his pride was deeply wounded, "I just can't believe something like this could happen on my watch. Me, Eddie and Lou only went to pickup a box of doughnuts for God's sake! Aw, poor Ralphy's gonna be dissapointed...". Ralph Wiggun is currenty in intensive care for crayon poisoning.

Furthermore, Snake's request for asylum seeking was conferred at the Italian Embassy in New York. Lord Jaguar went on to grant the serial con full diplomatic immunity from all U.S. prosecution and stated there was very little President Roosevelt could do about it. Snake is currently being transported to Sicilly where he is expected to be fully exonerated from all criminal charges. Snake is wanted by U.S. authorites on several counts of felonies including aggravated assault, arson, burglary, murder, grand theft auto and armed robbery.

manthing2.jpg

Tzar Wiggin has opened up his calendar to accept diplomatic visitors. Those wishing to establish diplomatic relations may contact his Minister of Foreign Affairs, who has recently returned from Africa. His name is Captain Spaulding.

groucho.JPG

The details of his visit are here.

http://www.whysanity.net/monos/animal.html

German engineers invents worlds first fully-functional cannon for voyages to the moon

Gottfried Daimkreuz, D

Washington Post - 29th January 1901

No Suspects in Mysterious Portrait Theft

by Lewis Clark, San Fransisco, CA

In a midnight heist last night, several portraits of prominent figures were stolen from the Obsidian Gallery in Santa Ana, California. Among those stolen were portraits of the German Kaiser Kaftan, the Russian Tzar Wiggin, and prominent mediator and negotiator Mr. Reveilled, of Switzerland. Though Mr. Reveilled was able to provide a replica of his portrait to the gallery for display in the meantime, the portraits have not yet been recovered.

Police say that they have no suspects as yet, and have few leads, but asked members of the gallery, as well as the general public to come forward with any information they may have regarding the disappearance of the pictures.

(Where did our avatars go? I had to upload mine elsewhere and link to it for it to appear) :ermm:

EDIT: Apparently it's just me. Nevermind, then... :">

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Agenzia Giornalistica Italia, Febbraio 16, 1901

Italian automotvie engineer unveils prototype vehicle

by Luigi the Chef

luigi.jpg

February 16 1901 - Italian engineer Ettore Bugatti unveiled the highly anticpiated Bugatti Type 2 prototype this morning. The six specially commisioned prototypes were then sent to Il Mansion del Don - Lord Jaguar's main resisdence in Sicily.

Our King - who recently started referring to himself as "Il Don Supremo" - had effusive praise for the quality of Tzar Wiggin the Great's fine Vodka, "With Vodka like this, it's no wonder those wargongering Germans have their eyes on Russia."

1901BugattiType2.jpg

Ettore Bugatti personally tests the vehicle for compliance to Lord Jaguar's specifications.

Our noble and generous Lord Jaguar decided to reciprocate by sending each of the Bugatti Type 2 prototypes to his friends Tzar Wiggin the Great of Russia, Prime Minister Rimsircz of Austria, Emperor Kaftan Barlast of Germany, Sultan Metadigital Aurangzeb of Turkey and Prime Minister Arch Regis of England. Lord Jaguar stated that hopefully this small token of friendship will unite the sovereign nations of Europe.

Curiously, President Kryoxer Baley of France did not receive a Bugatti however.

manthing2.jpg

The London Gazette, February 16, 1901

Man Arrested, Authorities Say

by George Phillips, Crime Journalist

A crazed man named Otto Van der Beek was arrested this morning in Oxford, after posting propagandist literature and spouting conspiracy theories. Claiming to be a former military scientist for the German Emperor, this man espouses the seemingly preposterous notion that the recently revealed "Moon Cannon" is a clever front. According to Van der Beek, the Cannon never had the power to launch objects into orbit, and, indeed, has been intended since its conception as a vehicle for military action, such as the launching of missiles.

Though we have had no luck in substantiating these suppositions, the man was soon taken into military custody, probably in an attempt to draw more information from him. Nothing has been heard of the matter since.

If this proved true, it would cast great doubt on the German calls for maintained peace. For the sake of the world, we hope it is not.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Kiev Shield - 29th January 1901

European Expansion Problems Solved?

by Pitr Kretchov, Kiev, Russia

oswift.gif

Political think-tanks are all the rage in the new modern 20th Century. Populations are on the rise, and as several major empires have traded land countless times throughout both Europe and Asia, scholars are searching for solutions to expansionist desires that don't involve military action.

One University of Kiev student, Gregor Smirnof has proposed the solution lies with internal revolution. "War has historically been seen as a means to build and strengthen empires. The reality however is that war accomplishes little other than thinning out the population and expending resources", writes Smirnof.

Smirnof also notes that after population thins out due to the tolls of war, it may seem there are more resources per capita within a nation, but there is also a hefty cost of rebuilding after war.

He cites a famous British essay which may hold the key to peaceful means of handing bulging populations.

"A Modest Proposal" addresses these very issues in a means that deals with population as a resource itself as opposed to a resource sink. Best of all, there is no cost, or rebuilding necessary.

Smirnoff says they have begun a small case study to project the merits of Swift's proposal on a large and modern scale. He notes that not only are the initial numbers promising, but the results are also quite tasty.

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

Washington Post - 1st February 1901

President Leaks European Plans For War

by Jack Wilson, Washington, DC

In a shocking move, President Roosevelt today openly discussed intelligence he has gathered on the upcoming war he foresees in Europe. He said that the reason behind such an unconventional press conference was both a

last-ditch effort to dissuade our European allies from going to war, and also a means for Americans abroad to safely flee threatened areas.

"As a third-party with a large military, we have been approached by all parties involved in their request for assistance. We are privy to everyone's plans both to grab land, and to attempt to defend their provinces. Our hope is to see war averted."

When the President was asked if how he could verify the authenticity of the intelligence, he responded by stating the map clearly demonstrated clearly different tactics from the varied nations. Fradulent intelligence might share a commonality in tactics, as it would be created by one person.

Optimists view the intel as a sign that war is not inevitable, as most of the movements lend to defensive gestures, or expansions into uncontrolled territory by the seven major powers of Europe.

Pessimists view the intel as proof that largely uncoordinated and clumsy land-grabs are going to lead to a lengthy and bloody war. Either way, Roosevelt is adamant that the United States will have no part in the upcomming war.

Nations must now choose how to respond to this intelligence.

http://img159.echo.cx/img159/606/diplomacysecret7mj.jpg

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Vienna Expresses Doubt

By Wilhelm Freyburg for The Times, 25 Apr 1901 1645 hrs, Vienna

The Empire has expressed its doubt on the authenticity of what is supposed to be leaked war plans from the United states of America as well as President Roosevelt's claims on impending full-scale war in Europe.

In a special press conference from the Imperial Foreign Ministry, Special Representative Juz Hayadi stated that the Empire is surprised that the leader of the world's leading democracy could come out with such fallible statements in public. He said, "Such irresponsible words are the causes of undesirable tension and its consequences. The Empire has no idea why President Roosevelt would make such wildly fantastic claims. This issue smacks highly of malice and mischief. We do not look upon such words kindly."

Mr Hayadi also stated that the American Ambassador to Vienna would be summoned immediately to the Ministry to explain the intents of his country.

Moon cannon causes panic in Britain

by Ludwig Rotwang, Berlin

Recent articles in the Brittish press give the impression that their general public is once again frightened by completely unsubstantiated and quite imaginary threats to their safety. The news of the contruction of our german device to launch vessels into space has apparently sent them hiding in their collective basements. Most continental Europeans would simply laugh at such a ridiculous notions. German officials have already dismissed any rumours of the scientific device having any use as a weapon, but we saw fit to contact the project mamager for the moon cannon, Proffessor Karl Hungus, for a comment;

"The moon cannon is a tool of science, not a weapon" says Hungus. "It would take someone with a rather paranoid imagination to see it as anything else than a scientific advance. And Ive never heard of this man they arrested, he was certainly never a member of my team."

The good proffessor was even kind enough to supply us with a basic plan for his next development project, a sorts of mobile motordriven grain disperser for sowing.

morserkarlpreviewbg_1.jpg

"This grain disperser could revolutionize agriculture worldwide" explains Hungus. "It functions by firing a massive shell loaded with hundreds of kilos of grain over a field. The shell is equipped with a timed fuse that will cause the shell to explode above the field and scatter the seeds over a wide area. This will allow farmers to sow an entire field in a matter of minutes. It can even be made to launch the shell over a distance to allow fields miles away to be sowed without moving the disperser. I will name this device 'The Karl grain disperser' after myself."