Batman Begins

Azure79

Just got back from a 11 oclock show with a friend. We both don't like crowds so we'd figure there wouldn't be one that late on a Wednesday but the theatre was packed.

Anyways, Just though I'd start a Batman thread. No spoilers ahead!

The movie was really fun! I'm not a Batman expert, but I thought the movie captured the motivations behind Bruce Wayne's actions very well. The flashbacks into his childhood and recent past really helped bring out what drove him to don the Batman persona. I liked seeing how his views on vengeance and justice, fear and anger change as he masters himself.

The fight sequences were also great! A great improvement over previous movies where Batman crashes through glass ceilings and whatnot and engages the enemy openly. This Batman strikes from the shadows instilling fear into his opponents. Thugs catch a glimpse of a dark shadow here and there. They hear his passing but can't see him. Then one of the thugs dissapears screaming into the shadows. Another is suddenly enveloped in a dark flurry and is violently taken into the dark crevices of the shadow entrenched ceilings. By the time Batman actually appears they're all so scared they can't do anything. Heck I was scared just watching. :">

I liked seeing the beginnings of the Batman and how he trained. I'd hoped the movie would show of more of this training methods and such, but what was there was good.

The Batmobile is awesome.

I liked how Batman got his equipment, especially his cowl hehe. His cape is extremely cool. I wish I had a cape like that. It was nice seeing his costume and equipment coming together and how he used them during his outings. I like his all black suit. It makes a lot of sense once you see how he fights.

The cast was great too. Christian Bale did a good job. It may have been because Batman Begins is a better movie overall than its predecessors, but he was more convincing as both Wayne and Batman. His Batman voice is pretty creepy though. Michael Caine played a great Alfred and Liam Neeson was great in his role. Gary Oldman played a great Gordon and I liked seeing the beginings of the Batman-Gordon friendship.

The ending certainly hints at a sequel and I hope the same cast and crew responsible for Batman Begins creates another fine movie.

Go out and see this movie!

I just hope any subsequent films continue to treat the Batman universe with respect. It shouldn't devolve into mindless action with its main purpose to show off the latest Batman gadgets.(Bat-skates anyone?)

They should take the villians seriously as well instead of setting them up as mere sideshow freaks out to destroy the world. The villians should be genuinely frightening not cackling maniacs. I think Batman Begins did this pretty well. The villians are threatening but take their roles seriously...well as seriously as one can get in a Batman movie. This seriousness is more threatening than any mad laughter.

I just hope any subsequent films continue to treat the Batman universe with respect. It shouldn't devolve into mindless action with its main purpose to show off the latest Batman gadgets.(Bat-skates anyone?)

They should take the villians seriously as well instead of setting them up as mere sideshow freaks out to destroy the world. The villians should be genuinely frightening not cackling maniacs. I think Batman Begins did this pretty well. The villians are threatening but take their roles seriously...well as seriously as one can get in a Batman movie. This seriousness is more threatening than any mad laughter.

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

What was Tommy Lee Jones thinking when he took on the role as two face :-"

Just saw it, damn, it was amazing. I hated the Batmobile when I saw pictures and the trailers, but after seeing the film, I don't hate it anymore. My only gripe with the film was that Nolan can't shoot action. Luckily he made sure there were only a couple fight scenes, with Batman taking the rest out from the shadows. The cast was excellent, looking forward to the inevitable sequel. I actually came out of the theatre thinking "I can't wait for the sequel... I want one now!"

Apparently the plans they have for the next two are Joker for the 2nd, and Two-Face in the 3rd. Apparently Joker's trial is in the 3rd... meaning they're not killing him off in the 2nd!

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You're going to give us your thoughts after watching surely?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

From what i have heard there is a clue as to who the 2nd film baddie is at the end of Begins.

Because the Joker is well known i would have thought they would stay away from using him until the third film. Jack nicholson did an excellent job of playing the Joker much to the detriment of keaton :lol: The way tommy lee jones tried tp play two face was just a joker rip off.

So IMO there is a standard to live up to when playing the joker.