Most wanted Patch Feature

Which patch feature are wanting/needing/looking forward to most?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which patch feature are wanting/needing/looking forward to most?

• Bug/Quest Fixes (like a normal Patch)
    • Higher Quality Music
    • Higher Quality Movies
    • None, because I won't be playing anymore

Note: Don't bother expecting an official content patch

OK, so we're waiting for the patch to come out - I'm curious as to what feature people are wanting or needing most. Now I know everyone will want to have everything, and this poll won't reflect it - but I suppose it shows what people find most annoying. Like people who have very few game bugs might find the clipping and distorting music more annoying.

Do not worry at how the patch will be distributed either, so if you have a slow connection, don't vote for say Bug/Quest fixes only because it wouldn't be practical downloading a gig of movies or whatever.

Vote for your #1 but feel free to post your priority too. Mine would be:

1. Bug/Quest fixes

2. Music

3. Movies (who wouldn't want higher Q, but I don't see a big need to)

Try and resist talking about specific problems (unless you are absolutely sure everyone has the same bug). ie, keep this from becoming Tech Support thread. :wub:

Whoops, forgot to add an OTHER option, even though I can't see any yet :ninja:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Here is the sad but true fact.

LucasArts will either fork over cash for a patch, or they won't. I'm betting they won't.

Star Wars: Battlefront became the best selling Star Wars title of all time. Don't ask me how. But Battlefront 2 is their new baby. I doubt they even remember KOTOR.

1. Restore the Wrecked Story

Not going to happen. LucasArts nixed it. Search for posts by John Morgan to find the details. And then console yourself at the TSL Restoration Project which is doing exactly this (Website here - beware, it's moving to a new address soon - and forums here)

2. Fix LOADS of Bugs without adding in more than you fix (1.0B)

1.0B added the high profile bug in Handmaiden's dialogue, but I can't think of any others that weren't already there. Incidentally, the first patch for Kotor I didn't fix much; it was the second that was the monster, and it was delayed, too...

3. Music

A given, especially as the work has already been completed. How much QA does it need?

4. Movies

Ditto, but now LA have to decide how to distribute an easy 1GB+ of data to God knows how many KotOR players without killing the Internet and their own bandwidth.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

1. Restore the Wrecked Story

Not going to happen. LucasArts nixed it.

I too am assuming you refer to the ending when you say "Wrecked Story" and didn't think anyone still thought that was possible.

4. Movies

Ditto, but now LA have to decide how to distribute an easy 1GB+ of data to God knows how many KotOR players without killing the Internet and their own bandwidth.

Some of the options are talked about elsewhere are distributing to other file mirror places (which is done now with smaller patches anyway) like Fileplanet and Filefront. I know this is similar to just pushing off the bandwidth problem to someone else but well, gig of data will take a gig of bandwidth. At least this shares the load a bit.

The other option, and quite frankly the best option, is BitTorrent - designed to distribute and ease bandwidth problems. I know Torrent is the nemesis of the MPAA, RIAA and Software companies so I don't expect much, but you can't ignore the fact that others are using it successfully too with those things like IMPS: The Relentless and Revelations fan films.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

I too am assuming you refer to the ending when you say "Wrecked Story" and didn't think anyone still thought that was possible.

You said yourself that you needed to say what you wanted fixed, and don't mind the possiblity (time, PC, internet connection)

So here it is... I don't expect it all to happen...

A given, especially as the work has already been completed. How much QA does it need?

Loads apperently...

Don't you think a music update causes Story-Braking Bugs too... (not me, LA)?

1GB is a VERY small bit for a company as big as LA, look at support, LOADS more there already than 1GB...

I would most like to see the story come together into a whole, the way Obsidian intended and envisioned it; but I believe wanting and waiting for an official patch for that is pretty silly at this point. I am looking forward to the restoration team's release, because just the few fixes they have already implemented make a BIG difference in my frustration quotient.

For an 'official' patch, I'm most interested in the music quality, since this is a big part of any game. One of the restoration team had done a little work on it before the patch announcement, and the difference was amazing. The low-res movies don't bother me as much.

Just curious, how many bug-fixes do you think are in the current unreleased/un-compiled patch?

The perception I get from it not being released is that there are too few to warrant it, but I'm still reading about heaps too.

sigpic0yb.jpg