Any top-notch mods for K2 ?

I was toying with the idea of trying to replay K2 and I was wondering if there are any community mods that are worth checking into? Especially content mods/addon like new heads, robes etc.

I did find something that supposedly helps yo go through Peragus in 15min, heard of it?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Already have, problem is I cant tell which are good and which are arse and I dont have time to try them all.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

there's a brand new mod sticky here: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34960 in case you didn't noticed.

I'd recommend the Ultimate lightsaber mod (I am in slight conflict of interest but you can see for yourself: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34906 - I didn't do the saber models, just the scripting)

The high level force powers are pretty good too.

Guest MacleodCorp

If we were to place links to mods directly, without the modder's permission, it may bring about some issues. Personally, I would take the time to look around, and see or try some of the mods. Honestly, there are a mess of quality mods made on those sites. If you can't find a mod, which you would like to see done, you can allways request a mod creation at: lucasforums.com.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34960

Do you think we should add some links to some mods directly?

yes. :nuke:

Ive been rummaging through various heads, robes etc. and most of it is garbage.

Guest MacleodCorp

Do you think we should add some links to some mods directly?

yes. :nuke:

Ive been rummaging through various heads, robes etc. and most of it is garbage.

That would be a lot of work. Check out the screens and discriptions. Remember, we are doing this for free. When you go to pcgamemods.com, you can click on a author's name and find their library. There are mods hidden, so you may have to click on their name to find more... Massive database!!!

If you don't like what you find, you can allways learn how to make them yourself.

Guest MacleodCorp
Already have, problem is I cant tell which are good and which are arse and I dont have time to try them all.

If you can't find a mod that you like, you can allways try out the tools page listed in the main thread, and try to make some for yourself...

As Darth Tratious said, pcgamemods is a very good source for mods. Most of the modders from the Holowan Labs and elsewhere post their completed mods here.

Personal picks:

Anthing on the Staff Picks list, especially:

The hardcore mod - if you want more of a challenge.

Prestige class robe and saber pack - makes the prestige classes more interesting and adds a little more incentive to play them all.

Also:

Subtle DS transitions - does what it says on the tin (more Ep III style).

Party reskin - I use some of the reskins here (apart from Kreia and HK-47). Also includes subtle DS transitions as above.

Female PC pack - also does what it says on the tin.

Also worth a look is Paragon's D20 mod - which moves the game closer to the PnP style. Paragon is still developing this, but it is attracting a great deal of positive attention over at the TSL/RP forum. * EDIT * A new version should be posted over the weekend. *

Two peragus mods: quick Ebon hawk access and skip Peragus (I don't use them myself, though).

From elsewhere, I like Envida's Harbinger crew quarters mod - this gives you a couple of nice robes early on. Mind you, you would have to play through Peragus for this. All of Envidas mods are packaged on pcgamemods here.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Guest MacleodCorp
As Darth Tratious said, pcgamemods is a very good source for mods. Most of the modders from the Holowan Labs and elsewhere post their completed mods here.

Personal picks:

Anthing on the Staff Picks list, especially:

The hardcore mod - if you want more of a challenge.

Prestige class robe and saber pack - makes the prestige classes more interesting and adds a little more incentive to play them all.

Also:

Subtle DS transitions - does what it says on the tin (more Ep III style).

Party reskin - I use some of the reskins here (apart from Kreia and HK-47). Also includes subtle DS transitions as above.

Female PC pack - also does what it says on the tin.

Also worth a look is Paragon's D20 mod - which moves the game closer to the PnP style. Paragon is still developing this, but it is attracting a great deal of positive attention over at the TSL/RP forum. * EDIT * A new version should be posted over the weekend. *

Two peragus mods: quick Ebon hawk access and skip Peragus (I don't use them myself, though).

From elsewhere, I like Envida's Harbinger crew quarters mod - this gives you a couple of nice robes early on. Mind you, you would have to play through Peragus for this. All of Envidas mods are packaged on pcgamemods here.

I updated the main thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?ac...t=0#entry371408 with the above mod samples...

I found a recruit Yuthura Ban K2 mod :D it replaces Hk47 :p and it says it has dialouge and lipsync. To what I wonder? Well, Im using it no matter what.

I found a recruit Yuthura Ban K2 mod :D it replaces Hk47 :huh: and it says it has dialouge and lipsync. To what I wonder? Well, Im using it no matter what.

I didn't tried the mod and didn't look at the scripts as I don't have the tools with me right now but I had a brief look at the .utc file for Yuthura and your recruit will probably turn on you when you hit a battle: the AI scripts attached to the .utc file are the ennemy scripts.

See people, suggestions is all what's needed. Not a "look for yourself, dolt"-reply.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I didn't tried the mod and didn't look at the scripts as I don't have the tools with me right now but I had a brief look at  the .utc file for Yuthura and your recruit will probably turn on you when you hit a battle: the AI scripts attached to the .utc file are the ennemy scripts.

Hahaha :D itd have to be one hell of a reckless modder to do that :huh:

See people, suggestions is all what's needed. Not a "look for yourself, dolt"-reply.

That's easy to say. There are plenty of good mods and some bad ones. It really depends on what type of mods the person is looking for. There are mods for all tastes (reskins, side quests, items, force powers, balance mods, mods that modify minigames, new npcs, etc.)

If you are looking for a good hk-47 reskin, the best one is on this site: http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/kotor_mods.htm

Until now, what I consider being the best overall mods are:

Ultimate Ligthsaber Mod (USM): http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34906

High Level force powers: http://www.pcgamemods.com/13294/

Hardcore mod: http://www.pcgamemods.com/10900

There will certainly be more big mods in the future, such as new areas but this kind of mod take time to make. Just the USM project took 3 months to complete. (but there are many excellent smaller mods too)

Easy to say, yes. I also know what I'm talking about. I'm not without modding and community experience myself.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Im having loads of fun with the character editor, my plan was to play the game as female(becasue.. I leik girls) but set the gender to male so I get those story options.

But the question is if its the same boolean/node/flag/whatever that regulates gender in dialouge that controls story options? There is an option to set gender to "both" but I have no clue what this would do.

..and Im trying to find Yuthura Ban in the character list but I cant, she's not listed under unique or twi'lek o:) every other character from both games seems to be there.

EDIT: found her cataloged as "BanU"

Guest MacleodCorp

Knowing what another person desires is tough to determine. Answering the question, "Are there any top-notch mods for K2?" will produce a subjective response. I could list off many KotOR mods, which I believe are really good, but those will be based upon my own preference. Yes, it is true that some are okay and not the greatest, but we are all contributing to the same goal. To Have Fun!

I made a larger list in this thread:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?ac...t=0#entry371408

I tried to pull out some really talented modders for you, but like I said they are based upon my own preference. I also have a link to several tool, which you may use to make your own mods. All are welcome!!!

I made a larger list in this thread:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?ac...t=0#entry371408

I tried to pull out some really talented modders for you, but like I said they are based upon my own preference. I also have a link to several tool, which you may use to make your own mods. All are welcome!!!

groovy, I just noticed my WIP thread was listed in there... how in the world did you find that thing?!? .. hehe oh yeah, my sig :lol:"

Why isn't your WIP listed? Seeing as how I have every mod you've ever made, I 'vote' it should be :D

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

B E S T Mod Evarrr!!!11!! :

The Chosen One Must Choose.

:rolleyes:

Oh please don't remind us of that one!

LOL!! I have never seen that before... how hilarious! :lol:

Man some of those posts were pure "quotable" stuff, damn, that's too funny... I have to go back and re-read this one... heheheh

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

Ive realised that many visual aspects of K2 are less than satisfactory, so Ive decided to do a bit of light modding. Ill begin re-skinning first then we'll see if I have the stamina to take it further.

I know that K2 was made using 3DsMax, does anyone know if the models are convertable to a Maya compatible format?

edit breaking news:

I have just made my very first reskin. It was difficult because it was much easier than I thought it would be to get it into the game :D

Ive realised that many visual aspects of K2 are less than satisfactory, so Ive decided to do a bit of light modding. Ill begin re-skinning first then we'll see if I have the stamina to take it further.

I know that K2 was made using 3DsMax, does anyone know if the models are convertable to a Maya compatible format?

You would have to find a way to convert that model to make it work with gmax if you want to be able to export it as a .mdl-ascii so you can compile it with mdlops and get it into the game.

Note that there are still limits to what can be done with models in Kotor 1 and 2.

You'll find more info on modeling for kotor here: http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=595 (the tutorials are closed to keep the threads legible but members can ask their questions on the boards)