Launch's Badly Scanned Pics

Darth Launch

The worst example I know of is the G1 Transformers comic by Dreamwave, the first series was drawn by someone who'd apparently looked to deep into the japhole so the supposedly stern, grim, evil army general villain looked to be about 17 >-<

I hate that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Heh, in Finland you can't watch Saturday cartoons without having to face things like that. Where's TMNT and He-Man goddammit?!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Heh, in Finland you can't watch Saturday cartoons without having to face things like that. Where's TMNT and He-Man goddammit?!

TMNT on Jetix. He Man on Toonami.

aimo's drawings are a really great example of applying that type of style to a character (since you have the before and after from the original KOTORII characters).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I wasn't serious. :lol: I could easily just torrentload them if I'd like to watch. The post was more on the issue, that the quality of cartoons has deteriorated greatly and became more japanized(in the wrong way) during the last decade or so.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Ok my lovely plebs and pleb-like vegetables... I present another badly scanned sketch for you to gawk at...

I've actually tried to make it clearer on Photoshop (I know, total shock!) but alas, it looks a little weird...

Oh well... :blink:

DL

P.S. I'm working on the requests! Don't worry!

P.P.S. I'm so sleepy tired... no sleep for insomniac DL... back to bed for me :(

post-11849-1119001900_thumb.jpg

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

applause.jpg

"Hooray!" they all said and applauded vigorously.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I like the way you've "colored" that guys hair.

kirottu said:

I'm not a fan of anime in the least. So farthough the only anime that I have seen ,and liked, is Vampire Hunter D... (The other made me want to hit myself for no reasone XD)

Asside from that though , I can appreciate talent and I really like what you have done here Launch :D Very very good stuff

Meh DBZ was mediocre at best...

DB Japanesse version is another story...

Naked Bulma :shifty:

They have been showing some of the unsanitised by America GBZ's on Toonami. Gohan taking a whizz on Kirlins head was priceless.

Not bad, but is dosnt beat the Nurse Joy Officer Jenny (all of them) picture that my wifes sister drew. :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I never much liked DBZ after I was twelve, primarily because I stopped watching dubbed anime at that point, and never liked it enough to buy DVDs. I prefer Ranma for my marial arts comedy. Of all the anime on CN, though, the best one had to be Tenchi Muyo. Especially the uncensored japanese dub. Sheer Brilliance.

Of course, the best anime (and manga) ever would have to be Azumanga Daioh. So, so awesome.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Actually, that's a pic of Goku and Majin Vegeta....

:)

DL

EDIT - After I've done a pic of Bulma, I'm going to post some less manga-like stuff... my actual style isnt actually as manga-like as DB stuff... but manga is still an obvious influence :shifty:

Edited by Darth Launch

Of course, the best anime (and manga) ever would have to be Azumanga Daioh.  So, so awesome.

Osaka is my favourite "lights on, but no-one behind the wheel" character. Her explanation of "bean knowledge"... :shifty:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Of course, the best anime (and manga) ever would have to be Azumanga Daioh.  So, so awesome.

Osaka is my favourite "lights on, but no-one behind the wheel" character. Her explanation of "bean knowledge"... :huh:

Yeah! Osaka's definitely the best of the characters. My favourite part was when she went to wake Miss Yukari up with a carving knife. That was hilarious. :D

Story (what story?) and characters aside, one of the things Azumanga Daioh really benefited from was a brilliant job done of translation. I really appreciated that they left all the cultural references in and provided translation notes explaining them instead of changing them to American references (though I think they did that in the Manga, making Yukari a Spanish Teacher). Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed how when Osakan dialect is translated into English, it always seems to be translated into a brooklyn accent?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

These are great. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

The best anime (or is it manga?) that I've ever seen was Gundam Wing. I wish I had a mobile suit :wub: And then I remember there were several Gundam mini-series that were very good as well, but alas I cannot remember their names. :(

Another one that I really liked was Blue Gender. I'd recommend watching it if you never have.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

About anime; the best I've seen was, of course, Cowboy Bebop, but I wouldn't suggest it as everyone has probably seen it. Other good ones; Witch Hunter Robin, Last Exile. Texhnolyze also rocks, but I've seen only a bit of it.

kirottu said:

Thanks for the encouragement people... much appreciated :(:)

Well, I managed to finish off a few doodles last night, including the Bulma one I'm about to post... I do apologise for the shabby-like quality :">

I had to adjust my pic so that it could be viewed by small children... :-"

I've even doodled a pic of our favourite moderator (need I explain who this is) that Lidda-Bit is going to soup up for me using the wondrous Photoshop :)

DL

P.S. Talking of the awesome Gundam Wing... my first Atton pic looked much like Trowa... it brought me much amusement! :wub:

post-11849-1119104280_thumb.jpg