Should Tatooine and/or Kashyyk be in KotOR 3

User Name

Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?

• I want both to be in KotOR 3!
    • I want Tatooine (I like frolicking in the sand)
    • I want Kashyyk (wookiees!)
    • I want none of the two.

Actually Kun is awake and cognisent the entire time that he was there. so he could act as a dark lord mentor if you really wanted to. but you couldn't kill him.

You wouldnt in the traditional sense, just reseal him. You would probably have to fight him, but it would be something along the same lines as the cave on Korriban, It would be more about your will overcoming his.

I'd still cast my vote against Yavin IV because it can mess with continuity. If there was a truly valid reason for it, then I might feel differently, but I just don't see what plot can be served on Yavin IV that cannot be served on Sith worlds like Korriban, Ziost, Khar Delba, or the others we know of.

I'd still cast my vote against Yavin IV because it can mess with continuity. If there was a truly valid reason for it, then I might feel differently, but I just don't see what plot can be served on Yavin IV that cannot be served on Sith worlds like Korriban, Ziost, Khar Delba, or the others we know of.

Well if the plot was about either stopping or learning from Exxar he's sort of required to be there. You get a bigger draw with a name than you do from some generic Sith Lord.

Like I said previously though I dont know the EU. So I dont know if he is required to do anything from the time he is trapped till the time he "wakes up" If he's not then there is no reason you couldnt use him.

Although I'd be awfully tempted to name my character Megatron :p

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Ziost (if i remember correctly) everything was subterrainian. I think the Gothic style you looking for is actually found in Korribons burial grounds (where they buried everybody besides the ones in kotor appearently :ph34r: ) they were actually quite good at making tombs those sith were. I think perhaps we should run off to the Empress Teta system, that played an important role in this era but dissapears by the time of the clone wars.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Placing those two overused planets in KIII would be redundant. I want some new locations never used in movies or books, and even if KIII should borrow some locations from movies why not ROTS planets: Saleucami, Cato Neimoidia, Felucia, Mustafar or Mygeeto?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Placing those two overused planets in KIII would be redundant. I want some new locations never used in movies or books, and even if KIII should borrow some locations from movies why not ROTS planets: Saleucami, Cato Neimoidia, Felucia, Mustafar or Mygeeto?

I'm guessing Cato Neimoidia is home to the Neimodians. No thanks.

I only recognize Mustafar and Saleucami (assuming Saleucami is where General Greivous disappeared to).

What were the other ones?

Cato Neimoidia

Felucia

Mygeeto

Saleucami

Utapau

Utapau and Saleucami are my favourites. These two look very interesting and have potential for interesting quests.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Those planets were from Revenge of the Sith.

It's the planets where Jedi succumb to Order 66.

Yeah, which makes me disinclined to agree with seeing them - seem more like someone wants to see them because they're in Episode III than because they would add anything to the plot. Not that their presence in Episode III counts against them, but it's a weak basis for putting them in a game, where they serve no apparent function in the plot. Worlds of the true Sith would be much more appropriate. We do need to see where Revan and the Exile disappeared to, don't we?

I would have thought planet choice is completely arbitrary. It doesn't add or take anything away to actual gameplay by naming them after planets in the more arcane EU lore.

Named worlds of the Sith Empire in the EU would seem to have some relevance, since that is presumably where Revan and later the Exile went to find the true Sith. So Ziost, the central world from which the Dark Lord of the Sith reigns, and Khar Shian, where Naga Sadow had his secret base, would seem quite relevant.

Sure, a lot of worlds will be chosen arbitrarily. For example, I want Alderaan simple because we've never seen it and Myrkr because the force is suppressed and so would make a nice twist in the game.

But I think that the Sith worlds and Coruscant seem to be essential to the sort of epic conclusion to the threat of the true Sith that should be in KotOR3.

Yeah, which makes me disinclined to agree with seeing them - seem more like someone wants to see them because they're in Episode III than because they would add anything to the plot. Not that their presence in Episode III counts against them, but it's a weak basis for putting them in a game, where they serve no apparent function in the plot. Worlds of the true Sith would be much more appropriate. We do need to see where Revan and the Exile disappeared to, don't we?

Then why implement overused Kashyyyk and Tatooine? They are out of place.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I would have thought planet choice is completely arbitrary. It doesn't add or take anything away to actual gameplay by naming them after planets in the more arcane EU lore.

Well actually it kind a makes the game more fun when there is a city planet which has a name Coruscant, then a city planet which i havent even heard of. I enjoy much more when i am playing on Tatoiine then in some unknown desert planet. It gives much more Star Wars feeling for me. Well i know that all people dont think like that but i do. Sure i like that there is many new worlds too, but there must be some old worlds to give some Star Wars mood.

Then why implement overused Kashyyyk and Tatooine? They are out of place.

Don't want any of those either...

why are you trying to toss in the Revenge of the sith planets, we have hardly any information on them and they seem to have been yanked from george lucas's pants (well except for the "green planet"). Just like how Naboo was yanked from his sock and after that is never mentioned again.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.