Should Tatooine and/or Kashyyk be in KotOR 3

User Name

Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?

• I want both to be in KotOR 3!
    • I want Tatooine (I like frolicking in the sand)
    • I want Kashyyk (wookiees!)
    • I want none of the two.

it doesn't necessairly have to have anything to do with the plot in a major way. it just has to toss in a few twists.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, you could have a time dependent event, like saving a princess before a certain time has elapsed. Then, depending on the success or failure of that goal, other plots unfold.

If it was just a case of save the princess before the clock runs out or that's it: end of game, then that's not very engaging and very poor roleplaying, to boot.

If the narrative bifurcates at that point -- e.g. if that actually provides a better LS ending if she is killed, even if in the short-term it would worsen the LS position in the game -- then this is good roleplaying.

No chance they'll ever implement it, unfortunately, though.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

WHY, WHY WON"T THEY EVER IMPLEMENT GOOD STUFF WHY :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The short answer?

Because it's different.

The slightly longer answer?

Because video game development is controlled by producers, who expect a reasonable, predictable return on their investment. Generally, risk-averse strateggies are favoured, simply because this provides the best predictability for marketing and accountancy ROI models. This, unfortunately, provides the negative pressure against excess design ingenuity; it is better to put the same thing out there that gives X return than to put an unknown game out that may return 0 or 2X.

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

very familiar.... was it Deus Ex: Invisible war? no.... ergh I can't think of it......

ja. i felt that in iw you lost all control of your destiny. i hate that feeling.

aaaaaaand for no spam I think that tatooine has got to be the most used planet in any game except for possibly hoth (how many times can you fight the same battle before it gets boring?)

Hoth is in every game that was made about either the Galactic Civil War or afterwords. They didn't do it in Kotor because it's just a frozen ice ball with Tauntons and Wompas, be a great place for a jedi to hide though :huh:

None of the two. I don't want rehashes of the previous games.

One of the problems I had with TSL was the re-use of Dantooine and Korriban. Korriban was especially boring because there really wasn't much, aside from that "see your past" cave, to see or do.

I think you'd run in to the same problem if Tatooine and Kashyykk was re-used.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wouldn't have minded going back to Dantooine and Korriban as much if they were different areas. But I still agree with you, it's a big galaxy. There's no reason we should have to visit the same planets over and over again.

I think I would have enjoyed KOTOR II more if there had been at least one planet from the movies in the game.

I wouldn't have minded going back to Dantooine and Korriban as much if they were different areas.  But I still agree with you, it's a big galaxy.  There's no reason we should have to visit the same planets over and over again.

Well that's just it. If the planets are re-used, then there better be a WHOLE lot of change in the planets than in the previous game. But chances are that's not going to be the case. I think I read on here somewhere (or in an interview) that one of the reasons they used Dantooine and Korriban again was because they already had the models and it helped in their tight schedule. I just don't want to see a repeat of that in the next game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If it had to be a choice between Tatooine and Kashyyyk or new worlds unvisited in the kotor series, than I would say scrap them and at least include:

Alderaan was a peaceful world, bereft of weaponry in an era of galactic strife. Perhaps one of the most trying ordeals of Jedi Knighthood belongs to Ulic Qel-Droma, hero -- and villain -- of old. Ulic, a native of Alderaan, lived four thousand years ago, when the Jedi Knights were plentiful, and the Old Republic continued to expand.

Yavin 4 is a jungle moon orbiting the gas giant of Yavin. Nothing remains of the vanished race of Massassi that once lived on Yavin 4, save for their moliminous edifices. Exar Kun came to the long forgotten Sith temples of Yavin 4. In Sith tradition, he took on an apprentice, the fallen Jedi Ulic Qel-Droma, and the two unleashed a scourge that would forever scar a galaxy. A joint Republic and Jedi taskforce came to Yavin 4 to capture Exar Kun. He knew he could not survive the attack, so he summoned his dark side energies and trapped his consciousness into the temples his Massassi warriors had built for him.

Corellia is a world renowned for its impressive shipwrights who build large, speedy and powerful vessels. Corellia has also earned an infamous reputation for the many pirate raids carried out in nearby trade routes.

where did you get these descriptions? they seem to be from the post rotj era... Alderran would be fun to go to but I think that they should have Kessel at least.

I don't like Tatooine. Boring and over visited planet. Sometimes I think I like ESB best simply because the sand ball doesn't appear in that movie. If there has to be a movie planet, it should be Coruscant as the initial world before the free travel parts. Yavin 4 might work as well as Korriban/Dxun type planet.

SODOFF Steam group.

where did you get these descriptions? they seem to be from the post rotj era... Alderran would be fun to go to but I think that they should have Kessel at least.

I just cut and pasted info that is scattered through out the EU database. There is actually some very good reading on the Old Republic, when you can find it.

Ulic Qel-Droma

Exar Kun