Should Tatooine and/or Kashyyk be in KotOR 3

User Name

Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tatooine or Kashyyk to be in KotOR 3?

• I want both to be in KotOR 3!
    • I want Tatooine (I like frolicking in the sand)
    • I want Kashyyk (wookiees!)
    • I want none of the two.

A familiar planet to the movies would be nice... Tatooine springs to mind, and so does Kashyyk. Both great planets, right? Both have endless possibilities as well, especially considering you only explored a tiny part of them in KotOR.

N

Well, I don't care if it's a swoop bike, as long as it means bigger areas to explore and (consequently) more people to interact with.

It would also be an interesting game mechanic; if you only have one mount, then that means a solo mission.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, I don't care if it's a swoop bike, as long as it means bigger areas to explore and (consequently) more people to interact with.

It would also be an interesting game mechanic; if you only have one mount, then that means a solo mission.

I like!

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

As long as it's a mini game. It's pretty irrelevent (even if it is appreciated as a time saver) if it's simply a case of clicking on XXX and appearing at your new destination.

The breathe of fire IV route would be my favourite (it has a sandspeeder) before you can get to a new location you have to finish the mini game "race track" but once you do you can choose to either do it again or just go their directly.

Of course lots of people dont like mini games and they do take away from the roleplaying since they function soley on the players own talents rather than those of the character.

Kashyyyk sounds like it would be more fun to jet around in real time (all those trees ouchies) and reminds me of the scene from the EPVI arcade game on Endor.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I don't care much for mini-games. I practically never do swoop-racing and I just might stretch myself to the odd pazaak game. The part about Metadigi's post I personally liked was the possibility to explore larger areas of a world through the use of a vehicle, and I was particularly excited about the idea of sometimes being limited by the number of vehicles available at a certain place.

especially considering you only explored a tiny part of them in KotOR.

I suspect the rest of both planets looks pretty much the same...

Tatooine: More sand.

Kashyyyk: More trees.

Trees are nice but sand gets ... everywhere.

Honestly, seeing worlds I've already seen is kind of cool, but mostly because of changes that may have occurred due to the intervention of our heroes. But I seriously doubt Kashyykk would have changed in the short time since Czerka was run out (Wookie tribal structure would revert, and they might not allow visitors); and Tattooine was a dead, tapped-out world blasted to dust eons ago by the Builders (even Czerka wasn't making any money there).

I'd think the bulk of the K3 story lies outside the known galaxy. The 'Unknown Planet' might be interesting, as this would be a natural pit-stop in Exile's journey, and Revan caused a major upheaval there. But as for the rest of the Republic planets, they are in the slow (boring) process of rebuilding, at least until the upcoming invasion. Until that happens, returning to these worlds holds minimal interest (just more of the same) ... unless Czerka could be neatly tricked into contributing to the common good.

no more tattooine! it has been used way too much!

kashyyyk is pretty boring too.... plus wookies take too darn long to say stuff

personally i'd like to see some new planets, or at least some that haven't been used so often.

yeah the minigames are pretty boring. if i wanted to play cards, i'd play frickin solitaire, if i wanted to do some racing, i'd play a racing game. i like the fact that they took out the turret minigame from kotor1. it was WAY to easy, the fighters flew in a specific patter, and if you learned that pattern, you could take them all out in about 10 seconds (oddly enough, some people found it really hard)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i like the fact that they took out the turret minigame from kotor1. it was WAY to easy, the fighters flew in a specific patter, and if you learned that pattern, you could take them all out in about 10 seconds (oddly enough, some people found it really hard)

You must have missed the people litterally crying on the boards because they couldnt get passed that in KOTOR..

My fave mini game is Chocobo hot and cold I could play that for hours. Dosnt hurt that it comes with great prizes too.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I guess there will have to be some 'famous' planets, in order to attract the interest of gamers who are more 'Star Wars' than 'RPG', if that makes sense. But it would be nice to have something other than Tattooine or Kashyyk for a change - how about Coruscant, or Alderaan?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't follow the EU at all, aside from the Kotor games (Who is this Kyle Kitten of whom they speak?), but names of planets, especially from the new trilogy, could be seen as a selling point to younger less-devoted gamers. Kotor has been very successful at reaching out beyond the traditional RPG-gamer market, or so I've heard, and LucasArts will want to make sure that happens again. How about underwater Naboo? Jar-Jar's great grandfather as a party member? :huh:

I don't follow the EU at all, aside from the Kotor games (Who is this Kyle Kitten of whom they speak?), but names of planets, especially from the new trilogy, could be seen as a selling point to younger less-devoted gamers.  Kotor has been very successful at reaching out beyond the traditional RPG-gamer market, or so I've heard, and LucasArts will want to make sure that happens again.  How about underwater Naboo?  Jar-Jar's great grandfather as a party member? :huh:

He's the character from Dark Forces and Jedi Knight.

You could probably just copy the concepts from the films too. SW seems to be a pretty static place where nothing much changes.

One of the funniest things about lego SW was being able to march Jar Jar into all manner of deadly traps.

478327[/snapback]

no more tattooine! it has been used way too much!

kashyyyk is pretty boring too.... plus wookies take too darn long to say stuff

personally i'd like to see some new planets, or at least some that haven't been used so often.

I agree. A new planet would be the best.

oh god no!!  :huh:  :shifty:

jar jar = most annoying star wars character EVER (and i frickin despise C3P0)

Really? Actually I was thinking a Jar Jar-like character would be a good PC for Kotor 3 - the story of one young Gungan's fight to rebuild the Jedi Order. New force powers:

Force Irritate

Force High-Pitched Squeal

Force Inspire-Murderous-Rage-In-All-Within-Earshot

Or not.

Still, Underwater Naboo (Otoh Gunga, the Star Wars databank tells me) might be a good location - a good writer could bring a darker, more serious edge to the Gungans. It's always good to challenge audience expectations.

from what i've found out, gungans are quite militaristic and serious, its just that the bosses and jar jar are so ****ing annoying :huh:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Force Irritate

Force High-Pitched Squeal

Force Inspire-Murderous-Rage-In-All-Within-Earshot

You forgot about Force Accidentally-Attach-Gun-To-Feet-Killing-Droids-And-Nobody-Laughs-Except-Children-Under-Five, and then the ever persistent Force Bad Grammar which essentially is a more powerful variant of Force Insanity.

You forgot about Force Accidentally-Attach-Gun-To-Feet-Killing-Droids-And-Nobody-Laughs-Except-Children-Under-Five, and then the ever persistent Force Bad Grammar which essentially is a more powerful variant of Force Insanity.

:huh:

Yes, Jar Jar alone can survive against the Ultimate Joke - with his Force Quell Laughter power (passive, in permanent effect).