What are you reading?

Silvershadow

not a book but...

Geolocationi of Frequency-Hopping Transmitters via Satellite

i'm trying (halfheartedly) to assess the impact of local oscillator phase noise on the accuracy of a geo-locator. unfortunately, most of the literature is wrt satellites as individual elements in the calculation, and i am interested in individual elements in a local array. even at that, the direct impact is not explicitly stated, and i will likely have to convert the resulting mixer noise into some average that can be added into the total noise.

i know, i'm a geek for a living. i would not otherwise read, it puts me to sleep.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Me Kaftan!! Me not read puny books with words!!!

RRAAAAAAARGHH!!

Comics have words too, Kaftan. :D

But dey has nice pictures to go with words.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Read? Pffft. Reading is for literate people.

Anyhoo, I recently read Fahrenheit 451 for the very fourth time(can I get some props in the fizzorum?), and right now I'm trying to get into Nostromo, but it's either the writing style of the fact that I just got a life that's keeping me from engorging myself within it, like a flowered daisy that yearns for the moon...ahem...

Geolocation of Frequency-Hopping Transmitters via Satellite

i'm trying (halfheartedly) to assess the impact of local oscillator phase noise on the accuracy of a geo-locator.  unfortunately, most of the literature is wrt satellites as individual elements in the calculation, and i am interested in individual elements in a local array.  even at that, the direct impact is not explicitly stated, and i will likely have to convert the resulting mixer noise into some average that can be added into the total noise.

Scarily enough, I've read some of that literature. My god its complex and generally written by a geek whose grasp of English is so turbid that I end up torpid ... but I'm sure it will pay dividens for you ultimately.

right now I'm trying to get into Nostromo ...

That's the name of Ripley's ship in Alien ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm finishing up on the Victome de Bragelonne by Dumas. It's a continuation of the Three Muskeeters story although the story shifts more to Athos' adopted son. The Musketeers and D'Artagnan still appear though!

I'll probably be reading that then Louise de Vallerie(I think that's the title) and then The Man in the Iron Mask. I'm starting to like the French now. :D

Just be sure not to eat anything made by them.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm finishing up on the Victome de Bragelonne by Dumas. It's a continuation of the Three Muskeeters story although the story shifts more to Athos' adopted son. The Musketeers and D'Artagnan still appear though!

I'll probably be reading that then Louise de Vallerie(I think that's the title) and then The Man in the Iron Mask. I'm starting to like the French now.  :D

I think I saw a telemovie of that starring Oliver Reed: The Return of the Musketeers ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm starting to like the French now.  :D

You just earned yourself a whole bunch of brownie points with me. o:)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

My god its complex and generally written by a geek whose grasp of English is so turbid that I end up torpid ... but I'm sure it will pay dividens for you ultimately.

generally speaking, IEEE journal submissions are penned rather well. quite complex, certainly, readable by any average joe, certainly not...

the dividends are a continued paycheck and maybe some small amount of notoriety as the guy that figured it out. our company does not have many algorithm types yet, so any work in such areas gets attention quickly.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm between books but i'm debating reading the jedi academy trilogy or the Black company books

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Shadow of the Giant, finally.

I Am on shadow of the Hegemon

I love the Ender Series of books. I admit I'm more partial to Bean and Petra. Very interesting characters those two.

My favorite character is Peter though. He reminds me of CaoCao, a very famous ruler of China after the collapse of the Han Dynasty. He was called the 'infamous hero' or 'villanious hero' and took great steps to bring order in a turbulent age, sometimes using methods that might be perceived as excessive.

I left my books at home when I moved out with strict instructions not to throw them out or give them away. My mother usually ignores me though, so I'm scared. Too bad the Pacific Ocean is separating us.

Almost finished The Princess Bride by William Goldman. After that, I have a few unread books waiting and I'll have to decide which one.

I automatically love anyone who loves The Princess Bride. :thumbsup:

I sigh like a love-struck teenage girly man every time I read it. :">

I was totally duped by William Goldman the first time I read it. I believed everything he wrote. He should definitely write the sequel.

Almost finished The Princess Bride by William Goldman. After that, I have a few unread books waiting and I'll have to decide which one.

I automatically love anyone who loves The Princess Bride. :thumbsup:

I sigh like a love-struck teenage girly man every time I read it. :">

I was totally duped by William Goldman the first time I read it. I believed everything he wrote. He should definitely write the sequel.

And it's the rare story where the movie based on the book is itself absolutely brilliant.

As for a sequel... NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sometimes pure perfection should be left alone. Some stories cry out for sequels, but not this one.

I don't think there will be a sequel, though I've read that part called Buttercup's Baby.

Come on it was good! What happens to Fezzik!? I want to know more about Inigo's love!

Damn Goldman. He's deliberately torturing me. I know it.

Just finished the first Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant book, and I'm not quite sure what I think of it. It was at least ok.

Now reading Robert Ludlums Apocolypse Watch, as well as The Battle 100 . Cant remember who it is by-- some retired General I believe. I'm enjoying the latter more so far.

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

Just finished the first Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant book, and I'm not quite sure what I think of it.  It was at least ok.

Now reading Robert Ludlums Apocolypse Watch, as well as The Battle 100 . Cant remember who it is by-- some retired General I believe.  I'm enjoying the latter more so far.

i read the first thomas covenant book. i didn't like it all that much, but i've been informed that it gets better as the series goes on

i just read the apocalypse watch a little while ago, and right now im reading another book by robert ludlum called the Rhineman Exchange

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Nice filter isn't it?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds