What are you reading?

Silvershadow

whoooooooo!!!

*cringes again*

First I have my best friend Whoooooo-ing all the time, now I'm getting similar Nature Boy assaults in my own thread. *sighs resignedly* It's my kismet. I can't get away from this guy.

But yeah, my buddy also told me his book was good. Personally, I wouldn't pick it up with a pair of pliers. My loathing for the man runs deep.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

[

But yeah, my buddy also told me his book was good. Personally, I wouldn't pick it up with a pair of pliers. My loathing for the man runs deep.

Well, I'll quit derailing your thread now, but it was a great read. I can't say that if you don't like the guy the book will change your opinion. In fact, some of his partying stories and tales from the road will probably reinforce your beliefs.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I take it you were a Sting fan then :thumbsup:

I'm reading Coming Up for Air by George Orwell

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

ok NOW Im reading:

CIA's "KUBARK - counterintelligence interrogation"

Specificly chapter 10, part E "Deprivation of sensory stimuli"

The deprivation of stimuli induces regression by depriving the subject's mind of contact with an outer world and thus forcing it in upon itself. At the same time, the calculated provision of stimuli during interrogation tends to make the regressed subject view the interrogator as a father-figure. The result, normally, is a strengthening of the subject's tendencies toward compliance.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just finished reading the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.  It was alright, but not as good as I expected.  Suprisingly enough, the book I finished before that was hard to put down and I read it in about three days was Ric Flairs' "To Be The Man".

HHGttG was almost written before I was born, so it may not live up to your expectations because it has been influential in a lot of SF since, so it may not be as fresh as you might expect.

I particularly liked Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, too, but the sequel was a bit Meh.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just finished reading the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.  It was alright, but not as good as I expected.  Suprisingly enough, the book I finished before that was hard to put down and I read it in about three days was Ric Flairs' "To Be The Man".

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is better on the radio. But then, what isn't? :D

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is better on the radio. But then, what isn't? :D

The crap that passes for rock music these days? :thumbsup: :D

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

A slideshow presentation.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy rules!! after restaurant it goes downhill though.

I also agree that the first Dirk book was good while the other one was just silly.

This month i am mainly reading The Penguin History of The World by J.M. Roberts.

I also dislike Ric Flair for he has leathery saggy man boobs.

I also dislike Ric Flair for he has leathery saggy man boobs.

He looks like a walking leather couch!

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Anyone reading Clive Barkers books? Way better then Stephen King, and also way better then Barkers movies (hellraiser, nightbreed)

I especially enjoy his older work. But they can be a bit to disturbing at times...

So you'r a wierdo, then we have something in common.

Well, I'm not that wierd, I can act normal sometimes, and have a normal job :lol:

I just like strange stories, like In "the hills, the cities" from books of blood.

the story about the giants made of people.

to hell with radios i watch tv and read Silver"s fan fics p.s i spilled my coffee on your fanfic i printed out Silver sorry but you got some great talents Silver. :lol:

Me Kaftan!! Me not read puny books with words!!!

RRAAAAAAARGHH!!

Comics have words too, Kaftan. :D

What he said. Let's have a comic, Kaftan.

About my reading; here goes. I've recently taken a liking for my old Marvel comics(don't grin at me) and have read several, if not all, again. It's been five years so some of them are quite...lamey, not to mention somewhat cheesy, but fun in the "no need to think"-way. Some of the art is "marvelous".(if someone can tell me where to get a good explanation about what has been going on after the Onslaught-era, pm me) :p Books on the other hand have been on the second place until recently, when I had the change to visit something more major than my local book store.

I bought Frank Herbert's Dune, freakin' finally too. The book had been on my reading list for years, but I had never got to opening, not to mention buying, it. I've not gotten very far, but so far its been very good. Especially the wierd habits and traditions of the once-islamic-Zensunnis, the Fremen, are a highpoint of the book. I recommend reading. And get the game, Emperor: Battle for Dune too.

One of my pet peeves is reading Terry Pratchetts Discworld novels, and his paperbacks were especially cheap in Helsinki. Almost everything loses something when tranlated to my native, and I've taken a habit of reading, seeing and listening to everything in their original languages. The book, Soul Music was a hoot with all the inside jokes and scarcely hidden rock music nudges. And I love both Death and Susan as characters.

Then I got some Chomsky, but I'm sure that's a boring neough subject for not to bable about. :p To but it shortly; globalism and "neo-imperialism" are the subjects.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just finished Resurrection - the last book in War of the Spider Queen. Weiser Cane, I'd love to see what you thought of it when you get done!

I'm re-reading the Mage Storm trilogy by Mercedes Lackey, and just started The Emerald Cave by . . . uh . . . oh, damn. Can't remember the author, and the book's not handy to check at the moment. It's a second book - the first was The Five Rings. Not bad - not great, but not bad so far.

I pretty much inhale books - I'm at the local bookstore at least once a week. They know me by name! :p