What's your favorite gun?

11XHooah

Looks impressive, but it's really a waste of resources, ammunition and logistics......it's role is more in terms of moral then of military importance...

Agreed.

Am I right in thinking that this is the same gun the SS wanted to use on the Hungarians when it llooked like they might leave the Axis? Instead, Otto Skorzeny, cheeky sod extraordinaire took the entire Hungarian government citadel with a handful of men, using almost pure bluff. A great story there isn't time or space to tell here.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Instead, Otto Skorzeny, cheeky sod extraordinaire took the entire Hungarian government citadel with a handful of men, using almost pure bluff. A great story there isn't time or space to tell here.

And don't forget Skorzeny rescuing Mussolini and that f**k up he did to Americans in the battle of bulge and almost got away with it......extraordinary fellow indeed - pride of SS waffen.....

pt-2304-otto-skorzeny-75dpi.jpg

Nice scarf....

And the lucky bastard Otto Skorzeny -

Wasnt he the base for Michael Caines character in "The Eagle has landed"?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I dont know, Ive only seen the film. Anyway in the opening scenes they mention that Michale Caine's character rescued Mussolini in some paratrooper raid.

There are a lot of people called Steiner in WW2 movies, "The Iron Cross" comes to mind but I know there are more. They are not supposed to be the same person either.

I recognize that "dress up as American soldiers and cause confusion & mayhem" stuff from another film too but I cant say which one it was. It was in color though.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The Battle of the Bulge thing caused incredible problems in the US lines. A truly incredible flair for causing mayhem, and an inspired talent for bluff.

Incidentally, don't let the SS uniform fool you. He was completely exonerated of any of that sort of stuff. The SS just happened to be the best vehicle for his commando troupe.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

ocsw_atd.jpg

This is the OCSW (Objective Crew Served Weapon), which is the potential replacement for the MK19 automatic grenade launcher and the M2 .50 machinegun. It is a lightweight 2-man portable weapon. It is effective against personnel and vehicles up to 2,000 meters away with a high probablity of incapacitation or suppression. Looks pretty sweet :thumbsup:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Looks impressive, but it's really a waste of resources, ammunition and logistics......it's role is more in terms of moral then of military importance...

Um, no.

... The same battle that saw the only deployment of the legendary "Schwere Gustaf" railway supergun that took out an entire Soviet bunker buried 30m below the bottom of the harbour in a single shot.

I think that is a pretty nifty gun, taking out an entire secret underground bunker with no risk to allied troops ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

By the way; when we nations have tactical warheads, napalm and propaganda; who really needs new models of weapons?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

By the way; when we nations have tactical warheads, napalm and propaganda; who really needs new models of weapons?

Sorry to say it, but incendiary weapons like napalm have been banned by the Geneva Convention. The only weapon that we are allowed to use, at least to my knowledge, is the AN-M14 TH3, which is an incendiary grenade used to destroy equipment or vehicles.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I forgot to use a smilie.

Have one:

;)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sorry to say it, but incendiary weapons like napalm have been banned by the Geneva Convention. The only weapon that we are allowed to use, at least to my knowledge, is the AN-M14 TH3, which is an incendiary grenade used to destroy equipment or vehicles.

Yeah I know

It was a shame when the stopped using white phos grenades after the gulf those were awesome ;)

Hey, Hooah.  To operate that OCWS thing, are two guys really going to have to hump each other like that?

Very funny :geek:

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Here's the M21 sniper rifle

m21sight.jpg

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Hey, Hooah.  To operate that OCWS thing, are two guys really going to have to hump each other like that?

What? Perhaps they're enjoying themselves, there's nothing wrong with taking pleasure in your work. >_<

EDIT: Oh and I read about Otto before, he's kinda cool. But really the fighting part of the SS, the Waffen, shouldn't be compared to those of the death head formations despite them all being Nazies.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

True, the Waffen-SS was an almost separate organisation to the Allgemeine-SS and its suborganisations. It had more incommon with the Heer(german army) than any political organisation and many in the regular army transfered to the Waffen-SS as its Panzerdivisions were considered elite units and much better equipped and maintained than regular Heer divisions. There were exceptions of course, as with the many volunteer divisions consisting of foreign personnel that could not be included in the regular army.

But everything about the SS and its dozens if not hundreds of branches is extremely complex and was intentionally made to be complex by Hitler himself and others looking to keep single beaurocrats within the organisation from becoming to powerful. They spent much time at the N

No matter if they were part of the SS Waffen or the EinsatzGruppen (death squad) they all deserved to be executed....

If they were guilty of genocide, yes, if not then no more than any allied fighting unit.

As for the escaped war criminals, well there's a flip side to that coin, there's some famous allied warcrimes that has gone unpunished to this day, including the firebombing of Dresden ordered by "Bomber Harris" , and the dual nuking of Japan.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.