What's your favorite gun?

11XHooah

For home-defense, given that you are statisticly more likely to hit family members and neighbours, I would choose the smallest most harmless gun I could find. :D Or better yet, buy an alarm.

But, why do you need a gun for house defense? 99,9% of all burglaries occur when you're not home and in the other 0,1% the thief will probably run off as soon as he realises his mistake.

And if you are absolutely, positively hellbent on having a shotgun then please, use beanbags instead of lethal ammo. Its better for everyone.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My God, look at this thing! It's an elephant gun, but damn, I didn't think they were this big. :(

elephant_gun.jpg

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

For home-defense, given that you are statisticly more likely to hit family members and neighbours, I would choose the smallest most harmless gun I could find. :D Or better yet, buy an alarm.

But, why do you need a gun for house defense? 99,9% of all burglaries occur when you're not home and in the other 0,1% the thief will probably run off as soon as he realises his mistake.

And if you are absolutely, positively hellbent on having a shotgun then please, use beanbags instead of lethal ammo. Its better for everyone.

This is the most intelligent and well put post I've read all day, I agree 100%. The only weapons I have are a few knives, a few AirSoft pistols/assault rifle which fires 6mm plastic balls, granted the AK-47 probably won't fool anyone in this country, but I could always aim for the eyes if the burglar doesn't decide to leg it. :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I know I'm being a stereotype of myself, but I think you need to think clearly about who you are dealing with as an intruder. If they're fairly normal, then doing nothing is your best bet. make a lot of noise, turn on the stereo, thump around and let them know you are moving about, so they can exit. Shooting them with a BB gun is going to rile them at best, and turn an awkward situation violent. If they are psychotic, or on drugs, or have sadistic intentions - as with a home invasion - then doing nothing is a terrible plan. Either collect your family and get out, or shoot their ass dead. Again, shooting them with a BB gun will get you nowhere.

In the Home Counties of the UK, I'd agree with a minimalist reaction. But outside of that... I'd not want to count on the goodwill of the intruder, or the police response. I've had houses burgled twice, and on each occasion there were people at home. I suppose we were simply lucky there were no confrontations.

On a third occasion I nearly shot someone dressed in black climbing along the guttering of the house, with a knife in their hand. Fortunately I verbally challenged them and was stunned to discover my neighbour, the judge, had decided to clean the gutters because they couldn't sleep. Could have been awkward.

But I'm neither a lawyer or a cop, so don't take my advice as gospel. :ph34r:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You take a burst of my tuned up AK-47 with 10 rounds per second in the face and I promise I'll have a box of kleenex ready. :D :unsure:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Even Mace is illegal in the UK.

It is legal to have a laser designed to blind the intruder (I think the Chinese armed forces have these things) -- even permanently. o:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Bah, the best form of home defense is a well trained rhodesian ridgeback

attack.jpg

Kaftan Barlast and his trusty companion Leo in the garden with a totally sweet and awesome ninja sword in the background.

Well, he's not actually well-trained. In fact, he's not really trained at all. But he's really fun to play with o:) except when he tries to jump up in my lap when Im by the computer.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Go for the eyes, Wallsington. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

I'm more of a cat person myself. :)

Anyway, here's a SPAS-12:

spas12-2.jpg

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I'm more of a cat person myself. :)

Anyway, here's a SPAS-12:

[snip http://www.rps.net/NE/weaponpics/Guns/spas12-2.jpg ]

I have two cats right now. I hated cats until we got these two, but they aren't like normal cats, they both respond intelligently, e.g. heel when they're called; just the other day I managed to burn the contents of a pan; whilest I was upstairs Rocky came up and proceeded to tell me I had done something bad, and that something worse was imminent (all through the power of body language and scratching and meowing). Very clever.

Cats aren't too good at ripping the jugular out of an intruder, however; that requires a German Shepherd or Irish Wolfhound or similar. (I have always wanted a Huskie ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't doubt the will, I doubt the momentum.

A Rodesian Ridgeback is about 130kg; that's a frightening amount of slavering inertia to block a door with. Compare that with a 10kg feline, and I think you'll agree -- no matter the valiance of the individual -- there is no contest. :cat:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My cat is badass. We have 2 dogs, and they are scared as hell when she comes walking through. She definitely owns the place :D Anyway, back on topic (we don't want the green dragon to come in here and shut this thread down), here is the M60:

m60_1.jpg

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

My cat is badass. We have 2 dogs, and they are scared as hell when she comes walking through. She definitely owns the place :D Anyway, back on topic (we don't want the green dragon to come in here and shut this thread down), here is the M60:

m60_1.jpg

and what a beauty she is.... :rolleyes: , man that gun looks good.....can i have one, please :p

...a Rodesian Ridgeback is about 130kg..

Someone needs to read up on the metric system :thumbsup:

....or perhaps just meet a ridgeback in reality :huh:

Of course, no gun is as beautiful as a well crafted sword.

Absolutely spot on. You get real craftsmanship in a sword. Of course you also get craftsmanship in violins, but I wouldn't pick one preferentially over an old-fashioned workaday shotgun.

Agree with you about the ridgeback also. Great dogs.

The point with a cat is, you don't want to get into a fight with a cat. You just feel stupid. Unlike the dog.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think it had a lot to do with the 5.56mm argument, the book thread lacked conflict to keep it alive.