What's your favorite gun?

11XHooah

Jag, what the heck is that in the first pic?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think that may be an older version of the XM-8. I could be wrong. The ergonomics of the XM-8 look pretty good. Basically, the U.S. Army's plan is to rebuild the OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon) seen below:

OICW-soldier2.jpg

The main problem with the weapon was that although it was light, it was bulky as all hell. Plus there were issues with the battery life for the scope and various onboard technology, so the project was scrapped. The XM-8 is basically the rifle portion of the OICW, but sized down and made more efficient. I believe they have started the second portion of the rifle which will be a 40mm automatic, yes I said it, automatic grenade launcher. This was orginally on the OICW and was mounted over the rifel itself. I guess they want to do away with breach loaded grenade launchers. Should be interesting.

Edit: It will also be using KE (Kinetic Energy) rounds which will pack a hell of a punch.

Actually, the XM-8 is a lightweight assault rifle derived from H&K's 5.56 modified G36K that constitutes the core of their XM-29 SABR prototypes. The XM-29 is H&K's entrant for the OICW program. The other part of the XM-29 is a 20mm semi automatic cannon (not necessarily a grenade launcher) capable of firing different types of ordnance. The greatest advance in this respect is that the 20mm ammunition carries an on-board computer that enables the round to be detonated mid-air or right after the penetration of soft defenses (glass) at the user's whim.

However, and while it's an overall cheaper weapon than its counterpart the M16/M203 (equipped with laser sight and whatnot), elements within the US military have suggested equipping the existing M16 and M4 with the new 20mm cannon to reduce costs. Also, there is concern as to whether light assault vehicles would be more efficient at performing the same tasks as a soldier equipped with the XM-29, due to the weapon's effective range.

It's also noteworthy that the XM-29 was not the only prototype to be considered for the OICW. AAI also produced a more compact prototype, but it was discarded due to their reliance on flechette ammunition that, while very efficient, loses accuracy greatly at longer ranges.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Jag, what the heck is that in the first pic?

dw_g1_v2_6d.jpg

"I resent the insinuation, Musopticon! For your insult, you shall now perish!"

^_^

Wait, it's the weird-ass decepticon who transforms into a flying gun? Very odd. I mean, you got tanks, jets, bombers and ICBMs and the best he can do is a flying gun. R00fles. o:)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

:lol: Still, it's freakin' pistol.
kirottu said:

I think we have to stop making guns look so phallic - then little boys won't want to play with them anymore and will be less inclined to join armies and point them at whoever their leaders tell them are "THE EVIL ONES".

Fat chance of that happening.

Anyway, purely in terms of what appeals to me in FPS games and so on, I love the feel of my trusty MP40 in WW2 games - great for clearing out rubble-strewn towns in conjunction with my handy potato-masher.

Okay, if we go to games, then I would have to say; blackjack. Nothing like a welcome "thud" or two in the night. "Buildehhh....."

kirottu said:

I think we have to stop making guns look so phallic - then little boys won't want to play with them anymore and will be less inclined to join armies and point them at whoever their leaders tell them are "THE EVIL ONES".

Fat chance of that happening.

All guns should be pink with flowers stenciled on them. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Ah, so other civilizations call it Airsoft, how cute. Though I do prefer the term Hardball.  :wub:

You're right, it is amazing how much you can pimp up these Airsoft rifles, I have an AK-47 myself with over 5.000 DKR of ekstra equipment (including my beloved scope) and lots of fighting experience. :thumbsup:

I had a CA M16A3 with one of them, nifty Aimpoint sights. :D But I didnt play often enough for it to make sense to spend all that money so I sold the gun, still have the sight and the mags and everything else though. Airsoft has to be the most expensive hobby there is for non-millionaires.

By the way, the club I attend often cross the Sund and use your over the top vegetated country to fight in, since our own forests are somewhat small. Perhaps you've encountered these crude madmen?  :D

I have yes. :D The classic prejudice is that a Swede will show up with a meticulously realisticly modified M4 and 2000euro worth of tactical gear. While a Dane will show up with a taped up G3 wearing jeans and a paintball mask :p

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Scimitar +3, Frostbrand

This is the magical scimitar +3, Frostbrand. It is one of Drizzt's personal

weapons.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D8 + 3

THACO: +3 bonus

Damage type: Slashing

Weight: 4

Proficiency type: Scimitar

Speed Factor: 2

Type: 1-handed

Requires: 8 Strength

Not usable by:

Mage

Cleric

Scimitar +5, Defender

This is the magical scimitar +5 Defender that bears the name "Twinkle." It

is one of the personal weapons of Drizzt. Due to its magical nature, only

those pure of heart can use it.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D8 + 3

THACO: +3 bonus

Special: +2 Armor Class bonus

Damage type: Slashing

Weight: 4

Proficiency type: Scimitar

Speed Factor: 2

Type: 1-handed

Not usable by:

Evil or Neutral Alignment

Mage

Cleric

:wub:

I had a CA M16A3 with one of them, nifty Aimpoint sights. :D But I didnt play often enough for it to make sense to spend all that money so I sold the gun, still have the sight and the mags and everything else though. Airsoft has to be the most expensive hobby there is for non-millionaires.

Indeed, I've spent far too much money on stupid backup gas guns, a pimped up Mac10 that never works properly, and several blowback pistols, only one still working is the fullauto Glock18. :D

I have yes. :D The classic prejudice is that a Swede will show up with a meticulously realisticly modified M4 and 2000euro worth of tactical gear. While a Dane will show up with a taped up G3 wearing jeans and a paintball mask :thumbsup:

Hehe that description fits on about, say 30% of the people attending the club, the rest are equipment and win whores far worse than myself. I'd say I'm about average, I like the ragged look but also some pimped up stuff to boot, I prefer a good fight to actually winning, if the fight is good I don't mind losing at all... and you know, when you have an AK you simply have to fire it into the air if victorious. :wub:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I think that may be an older version of the XM-8. I could be wrong. The ergonomics of the XM-8 look pretty good. Basically, the U.S. Army's plan is to rebuild the OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon) seen below:

OICW-soldier2.jpg

The main problem with the weapon was that although it was light, it was bulky as all hell. Plus there were issues with the battery life for the scope and various onboard technology, so the project was scrapped. The XM-8 is basically the rifle portion of the OICW, but sized down and made more efficient. I believe they have started the second portion of the rifle which will be a 40mm automatic, yes I said it, automatic grenade launcher. This was orginally on the OICW and was mounted over the rifel itself. I guess they want to do away with breach loaded grenade launchers. Should be interesting.

Edit: It will also be using KE (Kinetic Energy) rounds which will pack a hell of a punch.

Actually, the XM-8 is a lightweight assault rifle derived from H&K's 5.56 modified G36K that constitutes the core of their XM-29 SABR prototypes. The XM-29 is H&K's entrant for the OICW program. The other part of the XM-29 is a 20mm semi automatic cannon (not necessarily a grenade launcher) capable of firing different types of ordnance. The greatest advance in this respect is that the 20mm ammunition carries an on-board computer that enables the round to be detonated mid-air or right after the penetration of soft defenses (glass) at the user's whim.

However, and while it's an overall cheaper weapon than its counterpart the M16/M203 (equipped with laser sight and whatnot), elements within the US military have suggested equipping the existing M16 and M4 with the new 20mm cannon to reduce costs. Also, there is concern as to whether light assault vehicles would be more efficient at performing the same tasks as a soldier equipped with the XM-29, due to the weapon's effective range.

It's also noteworthy that the XM-29 was not the only prototype to be considered for the OICW. AAI also produced a more compact prototype, but it was discarded due to their reliance on flechette ammunition that, while very efficient, loses accuracy greatly at longer ranges.

Thanks for the correction. :thumbsup:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Scimitar +3, Frostbrand

This is the magical scimitar +3, Frostbrand.  It is one of Drizzt's personal

weapons.

STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D8 + 3

THACO:  +3 bonus

Damage type:  Slashing

Weight:  4

Proficiency type:  Scimitar

Speed Factor:  2

Type:  1-handed

Not usable by:

Mage

Cleric

Scimitar +5, Defender

This is the magical scimitar +5 Defender that bears the name "Twinkle."  It

is one of the personal weapons of Drizzt.  Due to its magical nature, only

those pure of heart can use it.

STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D8 + 3

THACO:  +3 bonus

Special:  +2  Armor Class bonus

Damage type:  Slashing

Weight:  4

Proficiency type:  Scimitar

Speed Factor:  2

Type:  1-handed

Not usable by:

Evil or Neutral Alignment

Mage

Cleric

:wub:

dems aren't guns :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Alright, I see we're getting off of guns a little. So let's do it this way. Post any weapon you want, whether it be firearms or melee weapons, etc. Let's just broaden the topic to weapons instead of guns, shall we? :thumbsup:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

:thumbsup: Still, it's freakin' pistol.

The toy is, but that's a scaling issue.

In comic/cartoon Shockwave is a giant mounted gun. :cool:

The point is, gentlemen, is that if you got a cool pistol for a present you were happier than getting a dumb tank. Plus you got a robot as well. Nice.

In what way is the XM8 the same price as an M16? 25,000 dollars is the list price.

Reveilled, would these be the same 'real men' wearing the frilly shirts and the long girly hair? :wub:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.