What's your favorite gun?

11XHooah

Oddly, even tho I don't own one and probably never will since I don't hunt and I'm not in the military forces, I do find the mechanics of guns/weapons very interesting - particularly history-wise. The big cannons of yesteryore...fascinating.

How about handguns?

All I see so far is the 'bigger/more power is better'... :D

I've always wanted a bow, personally.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Handguns, eh? Ok. This is my favorite handgun: The Colt M1911 45 Cal. pistol. I would much rather have this than the M9.

COLT%2045-%201911%20A1.jpg

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Speaking of Kalashnikov, I know the yanks built a special Afghanistan model M16 that fired the 7.62x39mm round because the soldiers couldnt be bothered to just pick up an Ak-47 :wub:

I'm not entirely sure, I'm going to look into this some more, but I think it is due to uniformity. They want everyone carrying and firing the same type of weapon, plus they probably don't want a bunch of guys running around with Ak-47's because that's not our issued weapon. Or who knows, perhaps the military is testing to see if they should switch over to 7.62 for the M16 series. That would be sweet. :D

But then again, the M16/M4 series are up for replacement with the M-8, which is yet another 5.56x45mm weapon.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

Like Kaftan I prefer the oldies, but light oldies.

The Sturmgewehr-44 (StG. 44), the first Assault Rifle

mp44.jpg

And of course the old and always reliable Kar 98K

mauser_g98.jpg

And of course being spanish, I can't forget the classic "Chopo"

CETME B

cetme_b30.jpg

CETME C

cetme_cs.jpg

:)

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

The one the German soldier is holding in this picture?

XM8%20green%201.jpg

Looks like it wants to be in a Sci-Fi movie to me. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

If you want that Lucius see his "father"

G36C - Compact or Commando version with open (iron) sights installed on the Picatinny rail

hk_g36c.jpg

German technology :)

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

G36C

lippaat_yhdessa2.jpg

How cute, it can even stand on its own. :)

Edit: I think that one is a Hardball gun

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Yes it is.. or Airsoft as we civilized people call it. You Danes are notorious for your crude approach to the fine art of shooting 6mm plastic balls at eachother :D

Airsoft_Guns_with_KAC_Rail_Systems.sized.jpg

Slap some RAS rails on it and you can pimp that G36 to kingdom come :)) Ive seen airsoft variants that was more accessories than guns.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ah, so other civilizations call it Airsoft, how cute. Though I do prefer the term Hardball. :)

You're right, it is amazing how much you can pimp up these Airsoft rifles, I have an AK-47 myself with over 5.000 DKR of ekstra equipment (including my beloved scope) and lots of fighting experience. :)

By the way, the club I attend often cross the Sund and use your over the top vegetated country to fight in, since our own forests are somewhat small. Perhaps you've encountered these crude madmen? :D

DENMARK!

The one the German soldier is holding in this picture?

XM8%20green%201.jpg

Looks like it wants to be in a Sci-Fi movie to me.  :geek:

I think that may be an older version of the XM-8. I could be wrong. The ergonomics of the XM-8 look pretty good. Basically, the U.S. Army's plan is to rebuild the OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon) seen below:

OICW-soldier2.jpg

The main problem with the weapon was that although it was light, it was bulky as all hell. Plus there were issues with the battery life for the scope and various onboard technology, so the project was scrapped. The XM-8 is basically the rifle portion of the OICW, but sized down and made more efficient. I believe they have started the second portion of the rifle which will be a 40mm automatic, yes I said it, automatic grenade launcher. This was orginally on the OICW and was mounted over the rifel itself. I guess they want to do away with breach loaded grenade launchers. Should be interesting.

Edit: It will also be using KE (Kinetic Energy) rounds which will pack a hell of a punch.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

I'm just sorry we never got the H&K G11.

g11proto14.jpg

Fascinating design from a great company, and most importantly I get 510 rounds and rifle for the same weight as you get 240 for an M16, or only 100 for the G3.

Two main design features are caseless ammunition, which I'm told helps keep the parts clean and the system weight down, and a moving breech (which I don't fully understand) that permits variable ROF in either full auto or three round burst. In full auto it clocks at around 600 rpm, good for laying suppressing fire, or if you're just plain scared. The most cleevr thing is the three round burst. The chambering system allows all three rounds to be fired and leave the barrel _before the recoil from the first hits the shooter_. So you get very tight clusters of three rounds at decent ranges. Lots more damage to the target or three times the odds of hitting if your aim is off.

Pricey though, and only limited numbers made so far.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Walsingham, that has got to be one of the strangest looking weapons I have ever seen. But judging by the specs, it sounds like a good one.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Walsingham, that has got to be one of the strangest looking weapons I have ever seen. But judging by the specs, it sounds like a good one.

I agree it looks odd, but that's because everything you need is inside the box. Another good feature is that you've got less to snag on your kit, bits of tree, or collect mud.

And, so I don't seem unsympathetic to you Big Bang heads:

gmgdemo.jpg

A grenade machine gun. Fully auto grenade fire. The idea dates back to the Soviets in the 80s (I think). They asked around and decided that in a small group fire fight, the side who fired first with the most would win, so they gave spetsnaz teams these crazy suckers. H&K just loved the idea, I guess...

BTW, I read just now that the XM8 will be about 25,000 dollars per item. I'd rather have that money myself and make do with a czech rifle. :lol: Hell, most of the countries we end up in, you'd be better off taking the cash and bribing the opposition to go away!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I agree it looks odd, but that's because everything you need is inside the box. Another good feature is that you've got less to snag on your kit, bits of tree, or collect mud.

And, so I don't seem unsympathetic to you Big Bang heads:

gmgdemo.jpg

A grenade machine gun. Fully auto grenade fire. The idea dates back to the Soviets in the 80s (I think). They asked around and decided that in a small group fire fight, the side who fired first with the most would win, so they gave spetsnaz teams these crazy suckers. H&K just loved the idea, I guess...

BTW, I read just now that the XM8 will be about 25,000 dollars per item. I'd rather have that money myself and make do with a czech rifle. :lol: Hell, most of the countries we end up in, you'd be better off taking the cash and bribing the opposition to go away!

That thing is sweet. That right there is the Mk19 automatic grenade launcher. I've seen videos of those babies in action, and it is definitely a sight to see :D For the most part, we mount them on HMMWV's, as well as the M2 50 Cal.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

I don't really have a favorite gun, but I do have a couple I guess I'm sort of partial to. My father gave me a beretta 9mm when I completed the tests to carry a concealed handgun. Its a really nice pistol, and I use it every couple of months at the range, but I never carry it.

I also have a rifle that my uncle made by hand, except the actual rifling in the barrell. I did a bit of "competition shooting with it as a kid, but later got into archery.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.