What's your favorite gun?

11XHooah

Does anyone else find it a little discomforting that "What are you reading?" was derailed and shut down after 7 pages, but "What's your favorite gun?" is still going strong after 12?

No.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Does anyone else find it a little discomforting that "What are you reading?" was derailed and shut down after 7 pages, but "What's your favorite gun?" is still going strong after 12?

But this is such an awesome thread :rolleyes: Oh yeah, check this out:

U28P27T1D261977F3DT20050127091523.jpg

This is the new SCAR (Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle). This will be issued to U.S. Special Forces and Army Rangers. The top one is the SCAR-L, which is the light version of the weapon and fires 5.56 rounds. The bottom one is the SCAR-H, which is the heavy version and fires 7.62 rounds. This weapon looks sweet o:)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

It's okay, it's all steroidal posturing. :)"

Anyone that has actually fired munitions into a human and likes it is

a) very rare and

b) hopefully safely contained.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This is the new SCAR (Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle)...

Haha! Ive never heard of that :shifty:) this proves that Im perfectly normal and that my knowledge of firearms ended when CS playing days did.

sweet.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This is the new SCAR (Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle)...

Haha! Ive never heard of that :)) this proves that Im perfectly normal and that my knowledge of firearms ended when CS playing days did.

sweet.

I guess "SOFCAR" just didn't cut it in terms of coolness. :p

I've never heard of it either, by the way. :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I hate WB cartoons.

Gun question: whats with this "consealed weapon" license thing you americans have? Is it alright to walk around with a pistol in a clearly visible thigh holster but you need a special license to wear it somewhere you cant see it? :huh:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Gun question: whats with this "consealed weapon" license thing you americans have? Is it alright to walk around with a pistol in a clearly visible thigh holster but you need a special license to wear it somewhere you cant see it? :huh:

Concealing the weapons that have been pictured in this thread would be quite an achievement. :huh:

But then, considering the McDonalds thread...

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Don't question US gun licensing. You are wasting your time.

I'm not anti-gun, but I can't believe you need a license certifying basic skill, and awareness of a code of conduct for a car, but not a semi-auto rifle.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hate WB cartoons.

A concealed-weapon license is a photo license, issued by the state, that authorizes you to carry a weapon (knife, billies, tear gas guns, electronic devices) or firearm on your person. The weapon must be hidden from view at all times. If a bulge in your jacket reveals the outline of a gun, you are in violation of the law. A license to carry a concealed weapon does not authorize you to use that weapon

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

Ok, then I understand it better. So, doing grocery shopping with a hunting rifle slung on your back is bad? :D

Ok, then I understand it better. So, doing grocery shopping with a hunting rifle slung on your back is bad? :D

If you want to try it, be my guest :D

Here's the M1A1 Thompson:

thompson_m1a1.jpg

Gotta love it

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Captain Jack, erstwhile companion of the Doctor, was stripped naked and almost subdued by futuristic robot versions of Trinny and Susanna (if you don't know who they are, be plesed); fortunately he was prepared, and produced a small concealable weapon that he had secreted on his person previously (I bet they couldn't do that with a female companion!) ...

"Your ratings just skyrocketed!" >_<)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have also used this little Baby

Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO

Weight: 7.3 kg empty, with SUSAT optical sight

Length: 900 mm

Length of barrel: 646 mm

Feeding: detachable box magazines, 30 rounds

Rate of fire: 610 - 775 rounds/min

The development of the SA-80 (Small Arms family for 1980s) was started in Britain by the late 1960s, with the search for the "ideal" small-bore ammunition. By the mid-1970s British designers developed a 4.85x49mm cartridge, intended for the SA-80 system, and consequently designed a SA-80 IW rifle and SA-80 LSW light machine gun for this ammunition. The 4.85mm LSW appeared in the prototype form circa 1976, but the NATO trials, held in the 1978-1979, resulted in adoption of the 5.56mm cartridge as a common NATO ammunition, so British designers from the RSAF Enfield redesigned their weapons for 5.56mm NATO rounds. The LSW was based on the SA-80 IW design, which is covered in the Assault Rifles section on this site under the L85A1 topic. The final version of the SA-80 LSW was adopted by the British Army in 1986, and total slightly over the 22 000 LSW weapons were manufactured before the production of both L85 IW and L86 LSW was ceased.

The L86A1 was plagued by the same problems as its sister, L85A1 rifle. In fact, the L86A1 was more suitable as a semi-automatic para-sniper rifle, than the LSW / LMG, due to the poor reliability in full automatic fire, relatively small (by machine guns standards) magazine capacity and the lack of quick detachable barrels.

Current British troops prefer much heavier and belt-fed 7.62mm L7A1 GPMG (a license-built copy of Belgian FN MAG general purpose machine gun), and at the present time the existing stocks of L86A1 are complemented with the 5.56mm FN Minimi belt-fed LMG in the short-barreled Para configuration. The L86A1 will be used mostly as a longer-range aimed fire weapons, while the suppressive fire functions will be conducted using more effective FN Minimi.

post-13841-1119238630_thumb.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder if the logistic advantages of 5.56 standardisation are worth the crimp this puts on individual nations experimenting with new ideas...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

DSCN3666.jpg

This a model of a German "Karl" mobile superheavy 600mm mortar. The shells were so massive that it took a separate ammunition carrier vehicle built from a Panzer 4 tank equipped with a crane to get the shells unto the breech tray.

They were only really used in the siege of Sevastopol. The same battle that saw the only deployment of the legendary "Schwere Gustaf" railway supergun that took out an entire Soviet bunker buried 30m below the bottom of the harbour in a single shot. There is no photo to do justice to this awesome artillery piece so Ill just give you a pic of the shells it used.

dora-granada.jpg

Note that this is only the explosive shell. Several powder charges of about the same size were used to propel the massive projectile.