X-Men 3 being systematically destroyed

EnderAndrew

Meanwhile...

*ShadowPaladin camps patiently outside his desktop scouring the internetS for websites where he can pre-order X-Men cinema tickets to his heart's content*

:mellow: 'fraid not I'm not a Hades..

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

:mellow: 'fraid not I'm not a Hades..

:lol: Where is the old bastard?

Finishing his own cruddy screenplay?

It makes me sad to see them doing this to what was in all odds probably going to be a good trilogy. Why did Singer leave, I thought it was because he went to direct Superman, not because of ill relations with Fox.

Also, I liked the black leather, I liked it even more when Wolvie criticized the costume and Cyclops said something along the lines of 'What do you expect, yellow spandex?"

I think that was what happened, I may be wrong, it's been forever since I've seen X1.

Well, after X1, they resigned the cast right away, but didn't resign Singer. They shopped for a new director a while. And during X1 they cut the budget and upped the release date, all the while advertising the movie as a tentpole summer project. They set him up for failure, and then didn't want to bring him back for a sequel.

Eventually they did, and again X2 did well. They resigned most of the cast, but wouldn't resign Singer. They waited a year and again they didn't sign him.

WB offered him total control over Superman, and they really wanted him.

So it was partly Fox treating him poorly, and partly WB treating him really well. Fox didn't fire Singer, but they didn't rehire him either.

Is no one else upset at what Fox has done to the movie franchise in driving away the screenwriters and director?

Is anyone else upset at this plot for X-Men 3?

No!

I think Brett Ratner will do a Fantastic Job like he did with rush hour 1&2

And the plot Sounds fine also personaly I will prefer to see Rebecca Romin Stamos in the flesh rather than blue paint any day :D

I don't think Ratner is the worst director in the world. Red Dragon was pretty good, for instance. But he has had one really good movie (Red Dragon) and a few mediocre movies. He's a big step down from Singer.

This isn't Ratner's baby though. He didn't cast it. He had no say in the story, the script, or any of the preproduction.

Vaughn stepped into Singer's baby, made some changes, and now Ratner comes in right before principle photography and is taking over the work of two other directors.

The plot is what bothers me the most.

I don't think Ratner is the worst director in the world.  Red Dragon was pretty good, for instance.  But he has had one really good movie (Red Dragon) and a few mediocre movies.  He's a big step down from Singer.

This isn't Ratner's baby though.  He didn't cast it.  He had no say in the story, the script, or any of the preproduction.

Vaughn stepped into Singer's baby, made some changes, and now Ratner comes in right before principle photography and is taking over the work of two other directors.

The plot is what bothers me the most.

What is it about the plot that you dont like?

As far as I could tell it was only an early draft

It's overtly busy.

X-Men 2 was masterfully paced in the first two acts. The movie moved quickly, but it was still a character drama. Each character had atleast one moment to shine and develop. There were tons of inter-character relationships explored. Arguably, the third act was a bit slow. I think Singer was trying to build tension, and it doesn't pace as well as the first two acts.

However, all the set-up is thrown out the window. Where is Nightcrawler and his interactions with Storm? Just vanished with no warning. Where is Pyro? I think Magneto's seduction of Pyro was a great storyline.

Cyclops was the only character that didn't get his due, though he got to display some emotions over Jean's death. So he gets a quick, lame death because writers can't give him a good scene? That's bad writing.

We cram in Angel, Beast, Gambit, Juggernaught, Kitty Pryde, and a new mutant just to produce a chemical. Why? Did we need so many new characters at the expense of the existing story lines? Will any of these characters really get time to shine? Angel likely will, but Beast is used in the script mainly for CGI action sequences (the Nightcrawler replacement). Gambit is mentioned, but mainly absent, and Juggernaught does nothing, and only comes in 75% through the movie.

Kitty Pryde also appeared briefly in the first two. Why suddenly recast her for a small bit now? And I really don't care for Maggie Grace. I only know her from Lost, but I think she's rather unattractive, and annoying. Kitty Pryde is cute and a character we sympathize with, who develops into a rather strong role. Her whole story arch revolves around her relationship with Colossus, and her unrequited love. Yet the two are very close, in almost a sibling manner. She was so dependent on Colossus's strength and eventually has to be strong enough not only to take care of herself, but the Excalibur team.

They've thrown her whole character out the window to have her flirt with Iceman and sell her as a sex symbol. Too bad she's a size zero with a plain face. I actually find her rather unattractive.

Okay, I'm done bitching about Maggie Grace.

Basically, we ignore all the existing storylines, drop characters with no explanation and cram in new characters that are used poorly.

Then we kill two major characters, and turn two major mutants into humans. One of the characters they kill off is flat out unforgivable.

Well, after X1, they resigned the cast right away, but didn't resign Singer.  They shopped for a new director a while.  And during X1 they cut the budget and upped the release date, all the while advertising the movie as a tentpole summer project.  They set him up for failure, and then didn't want to bring him back for a sequel.

Eventually they did, and again X2 did well.  They resigned most of the cast, but wouldn't resign Singer.  They waited a year and again they didn't sign him.

WB offered him total control over Superman, and they really wanted him.

So it was partly Fox treating him poorly, and partly WB treating him really well.  Fox didn't fire Singer, but they didn't rehire him either.

So basically it was Fox being fickle....like always? Man, that sucks.

Singer took alot of his staff, and his two screenwriters over to Superman.

I thinkt the character of Superman is incredibly boring, but I'm more excited about Singer's Superman than I am over X-3 right now.

That's sad.

I liked singer's Xmens and its a shame he's not doing the 3rd. Was he chased away? or tempted by another offer. I must say i am looking forward to superman returns.

As for x3 i wont read much into AICN's version of events cos boy do they like to talk 7 levels of crap and whinge about nothing and flip flop just to boost their own egos.

What i am worried about is the trouble they had in a finding a director and the fact they are going to rush it all. At this stage its silly to be worried about the script because there is a world of difference betweeen reading a script (and reading someone's unprofessional criticism of it) and what ends up on screen. Add to that the claim that the script has in fact changed since the dude on AICN read it. DOn't write it off just yet.

AICN does often use hyperbole. They either really love things there, or hate them.

I'm not reading into their reaction of whether or not they like the plot. I'm just looking into what the plot is, and then making my own judgement over whether or not I think it's a good idea.

I like the character of Angel, but overall I think the plotline is pretty weak, and the character deaths are poorly done.

I liked singer's Xmens and its a shame he's not doing the 3rd. Was he chased away? or tempted by another offer. I must say i am looking forward to superman returns.

As for x3 i wont read much into AICN's version of events cos boy do they like to talk 7 levels of crap and whinge about nothing and flip flop just to boost their own egos.

What i am worried about is the trouble they had in a finding a director and the fact they are going to rush it all. At this stage its silly to be worried about the script because there is a world of difference betweeen reading a script (and reading someone's unprofessional criticism of it) and what ends up on screen. Add to that the claim that the script has in fact changed since the dude on AICN read it. DOn't write it off just yet.

Alan Horn took full advantage of Bryan

The movies don't have 30 years of comics worth of stories behind them.

I think it's a bit premature to randomly kill off several major characters.

How about resolving the stories started in the first two movies first?

When I read the AICN article as I read it all interest in X-men 3 slowly faded away to nothing. I've been a fan of x-men since early 90's. Can't believe what they are doing.

I wasn't that happy from Singer's X-men(poor development of the X-men as a team, to focus heavy on Wolverine, b grade 50's scifi plots) but by comparison to X-men 3 his films were endlessly true to the comics. Getting Jean to evaporate Scott...madness. It's not like Scott's really had any quality time in the series upto now, but I think its clear this isn't stemming from Singer, seems a general disinterest in Scott(or rather, interest only in Wolverine). Not just Fox itself, probably some of the producers guilty of this. The two good Scott scenes were annexed from the scripts and weren't filmed. The one from X-men 2 was particularly good(he was to discover Angel inside Stryker's base). :lol:

Oh well, have to wait another decade or two for another movie series to be launched. Hopefully Tom Rothman is dead and/or Marvel deals with a different studio to make it. :blink:

Thats one of things about live action. I think thats why LOTR had the right idea.

i don't understand, could you clarify please?

They filmed the whole trilogy in one go then released one each year.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

oh right, buts that because it was an actual trilogy, three parts of one epic story.

With the current trend of 3 picture action blockbuster deals they just make it up as they go along. It has to be very good for a cast and crew to want to saty with something that essentially takes up 5-10 years fo their life.

Too many characters. Killing some off would make sense, if they didn't just bring them back to life in the next movie.

I freely confess I haven't paid any attention to it, but least I heard, Halle Berry was refusing to take part in the next one. What changed her mind?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I expected to see the individual uniforms and or the standard xmen uniform, it a movie based on a comic book and they're afraid of it looking like a comic book. Why are rouge iceman and pyro children?

Revisionism? Ok Spiderman was Spiderman but actually no he wasn't he was a clone and the real peter parker was hiding out somewhere knitting himself a hoodie. Revisionism violates what the reader holds dear about a story. Revisionism is crap.

Unlike the fanbase of Weiser Cain's Concepts.

Better than your trolling click, oh wait you don

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (