X-Men 3 being systematically destroyed

EnderAndrew

http://aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=20443

Aint It Cool has always had accurate spy reports. And most of what they say about the behind-the-scenes politics seems dead on with everything else I've read.

I really wanted to see Singer finish what he started. Too bad Fox chased him away, and now they will destroy his franchise.

Did anyone really expect to see bright yellow spandex on film?

I think Singer nailed the themes and character concepts, even if he did shift the mythos. Comic authors do it themselves when the reinvent stories every new generation.

Clark Kent's father died early on, and in the current Superman mythos, Clark Kent's father lived to a ripe old age.

Currently Marvel is reinventing all their franchises again with the Ultimate line.

I think Singer really nailed the important things, such as the themes of discrimination. Was the yellow spandex what really made the X-Men? People who can't see the forest for the trees aren't really fans anyway.

It sounded like it was going to be good too. I don't mind Gambit being simply a cameo, as he's not a very interesting character, but killing off Cyclops is lame, making Mystique not a mutant anymore is lame, while Wolvie and Storm were lovers in the comics, making it a purely sexual relationship is lame.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It sounded like it was going to be good too. I don't mind Gambit being simply a cameo, as he's not a very interesting character, but killing off Cyclops is lame, making Mystique not a mutant anymore is lame, while Wolvie and Storm were lovers in the comics, making it a purely sexual relationship is lame.

Without spoiling things for people who don't want to be totally spoiled, some of the mutants have disappeared for no reason, while they cram in several new ones while not giving them time to be a worthwhile character in the movie.

Add to that 4 mutants will be no more after this film. 4 major driving characters that appeared in the first two movies are being taken out. Two of them at once in a brief moment.

And the major plot is a lame rehash of X-Men 2.

Add to that Wolvie doesn't get any moments, and becomes a lap-dog. And instead of the director of Apt Pupil and the Usual Suspects, we get the director of Rush Hour.

Excellent! That means we can rip it to shreds. ^_^

For starters, the normally ultra-cool Wolverine now looks like a hideous monstrosity - what, was the "artist" trying to make a cross between King Kong the Gorilla Man and Batman the Rapist?

Not to mention that black goo all over Wolverine and Cyclops.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ergh...the thought of unwashed cheeto-churning X-men fanboys. ;)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I am. Singer did very well, desite the few alterations to the crew I didn't like oh-som-much, and I'd like to see that continue. If your source is right(I can have my doubts, can't I?)and that script is somewhat final. then I don't care about the new movie that much. No matter how well it succeeds; I might not go and see it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I've been reading Aint It Cool for years. They very rarely have inaccurate spy reports. The guys often get scripts early to review and critique, though in this case, the script review came from an industry source. They didn't read the script themselves.

However Fox has said this would be contraversial, and character death was to be expected. Aint It Cool did have inside sources to help them report Vaughn's hiring before anyone else, the casting of Beast, Vaughn quitting, Rattner being hired, etc. So since they scooped everyone on all the other X3 news, I have to believe the script is legit, even if it is an early draft.

Then again, filming is supposed to start in like 10 days.

Fyck. That does suck.

kirottu said:

Can't say I'm bothered. I'll probably watch it when it gets to cable but I dont go out of my way to watch the Xmen films.

Meanwhile...

*ShadowPaladin camps patiently outside his desktop scouring the internetS for websites at which he can pre-order X-Men cinema tickets to his heart's content*

manthing2.jpg