Global Frequency

Oerwinde

So recently the unaired pilot of Global Frequency, the TV show based on Warren Ellis' comic of the same name was leaked onto bittorrent. Just wondering what people's thoughts were on it who saw it. I just finished watching it and was impressed. Its a shame that WB passed on it, but hopefully the positive buzz its getting on the net from people who have seen it now will give it the attention it deserves from execs and it will get picked up for production. If you haven't seen it and want to, I found it on torrentspy.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So John Rogers the screenwriter thinks this whole leak and the aftermath of it is interesting. Thinks its great that the show is about regular people acting outside authority to make a difference, and now regular people are acting outside authority to try to get it picked up. He's apparently been contacted by people wanting to start fansites, letter writing campaigns, etc., and his site got 4000 new unique visitors since the leak hit the net.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It can't be worse then when fox passed on Heat Vision and Jack

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

ummm... huh?

Global Frequency was a comic by Warren Ellis about Miranda Zero, an ex spy who puts together a secret disaster response agency of 1001 members called Global Frequency. Each member is just an average person who happens to be good at something. It could be physics, gymnastics, computer programming, even sci-fi knowledge. If you're the best at something, chances are you'll be on the global frequency. Each member is kept in contact with Miranda Zero by Aleph, the network operator/hacker through the special phones they get, which are pretty much just really advanced blackberries. The network exists to protect ordinary people from the various black projects gone wrong that governments don't want their people to know about. They answer only to Miranda Zero, and she doesn't care who she pisses off as long as she saves lives.

The show is pretty much that, except that while the comic's only common characters in each story were Miranda and Aleph, the show also had Sean and Katrina, because the writer figured that they needed viewpoint characters, but the audience could never know what Miranda was thinking, so she couldn't be it.

If you have bittorrent, download it. The more people who know of it and like it, the better the chance of someone picking it up.

Devastatorsig.jpg