kreia's cutscene

It is a fragile thing indeed to be united by hate.

You seem to know what you're talking about... Heard of a little thing called sarcasm? It's a form of joking. I like this game, unlike you it would appear, but I don't see any harm in joking about obvious or less obvious shortcomings. You will pardon my dry response. <_<

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

You seem to know what you're talking about... Heard of a little thing called sarcasm? It's a form of joking. I like this game, unlike you it would appear, but I don't see any harm in joking about obvious or less obvious shortcomings. You will pardon my dry response. <_<

Had nothing to do with you or your post. So obviously your feeling guilty about something.

Had it been a response to you, well it would have your previous post quoted in it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

At that stage of the game, the cutscene reinforced the view that Kreia was up to something, and that her only reason in helping you was to get back at being exiled herself.

From then on I expected the "Double-cross at Nar Shaddaa" (ah, good ol JK1) sort of dealy-thingy.

Are you close to finishing the game? Maybe if this thread is still up then you can report back on what you thought afterwards about the cutscene.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Had nothing to do with you or your post. So obviously your feeling guilty about something.

Had it been a response to you, well it would have your previous post quoted in it.

Since your post wasn't directed at anyone or anything in particular, I assumed it was a response to the last post preceeding it. Considering... other posts in the past, my assumption was reinforced to certainty. You will again pardon my dry response. <_<

Since your post wasn't directed at anyone or anything in particular, I assumed it was a response to the last post preceeding it. Considering... other posts in the past, my assumption was reinforced to certainty. You will again pardon my dry response. <_<

You know what the say about assumptions. Still it wasnt directed at you if you cant accept that well tough.

The line goes to the core of the Sion/Kreia/Nihilus triangle.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i noticed something in that particular cutscene.

while watching kreia get the sh!t beaten outta her by sion, i noticed her hand was missing. but this scene is set BEFORE peragus, so she should still have her hand :thumbsup:>_<

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

while watching kreia get the sh!t beaten outta her by sion, i noticed her hand was missing. but this scene is set BEFORE peragus, so she should still have her hand  :thumbsup:  >_<

You sharp! :)

Obsidian clumsy. :-"

while watching kreia get the sh!t beaten outta her by sion, i noticed her hand was missing. but this scene is set BEFORE peragus, so she should still have her hand  >_<  :lol:

You sharp! :)

Obsidian clumsy. :-"

aww shucks :"> :">

another thing about that clip. is it just me, or do kreia's braids make her look kinda twi'lek-like?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

^^ Yea thats exactly what I thought, but it wasnt just in that clip for me.....it was the whole game :"> They're too thick to be braids!!....or so I thought :">

*well i thought she was a human coloured twilek up until Nar Shaddaa anyway. :D

That was one of the more challenging cutscenes in the game that we did titled 'Kreia gets the crap beat out of her'. Chris Avellone designed the cutscene and wrote the dialog. Alot of time and effort were put in by Zaza Essa (animations), John Morgan (camera cleanup and direction) and myself (programming) to get it looking super bitchin and to bring Chris' script to life. And not to forget anyone, many other Obsidian employees worked on aspects of the cutscene as well.

One of the more challenging and super cool things in the cutscene is Kreia's lightsaber. For those who don't remember, Kreia gets force pushed by Nihilus into the wall, and her lightsaber gets thrown out of her hand and lands on the ground. She tries to retrieve it using the force, but fails... Believe it or not, that little purple lightsaber was my bane for about two days ;) Getting the timing down with the proper and dramatic camera angles was pretty challenging.

This cutscene runs in realtime in the game (711mal iirc) but was recorded afterwards because the movie can fire from pretty much anywhere.

-Brennecke

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Good to see your still alive (w00t)

How important do you think those sorts of scenes are for setting the tone of the game ? And given more time would you have liked to drive the story with more of them?

478327[/snapback]

I appreciate the work that was put in, but honestly I wish we could have gotten more cinematic moments like that.

Star Wars is supposed to be very cinematic.

It's one of the things I'm noticing about Jade Empire and really digging, is that before every major boss fight or battle, we get a cinematic opening to the battle demonstrating the first few blows on each side. It breaks up the same-old same-old animations of Force Wave-Master Flurry.

It also helps the game feel like a Wuxia movie, instead of a video game.