THE Ultimate Lightsaber Mod for TSL

Okay, I tired to do what you said ChAiNz.2da, about fixing Bao's armour, however, it didn't work. I believe I deleated everything, then reinstaled USM_Released. Did what the readme said, THEN downloaded Bao's armour, downlaoded it, and it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong!?

Thanks for the help! :D

Thanks Chainz. :ermm:  While you're here, how can I make the break away double saber I saw in some of the screenshots?

Check the last post on page #5...

the Breakway Saber is the BA-122 Prototype Saber o:)

B = Break

A = Away

1 = One

2 = "To"

2 = Two

Just some 'insight' to show how my mind works, hehehe

@Alissa

Hmmmm... when you install the Bao's armor, are you using the included installer .exe file? Bao's mod won't work unless you do. Also, it's very important to follow the instructions in the readme... the way the folder structure is, if there's one thing out of place.. it won't install correctly...

After you've installed the USM and go to install the Bao Mod, the installer will ask you for a baseitems.2da... make sure you point the installer the the USM's baseitems.2da that you just recently installed (in the override folder) :thumbsup: Let me know if you're having any more problems..

p.s. wow, how many times can I say "install" in one post... hehehe :thumbsup:

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

What I do, after I download Bao's Armor, (I save it into the Override folder) I double click the folder called, "Bao-Dur's Charged Armor, click on the installer and this is what I tell it. C Hardive>Program Files>Lucas Art's>Kotor2 and then that's all I do. Am I downloading it wrong?

EDIT: Gah! I went to re-downlaod it, to make sure I did everything right before I posted this. When I read the installer, it says this, "A file named "Bao_armor.uti" already exsist in the "override" folder! Skipping over file." The only thing is, when I searched through the Override folder and used my search engine, I couldn't find it anywhere! When I used the search program, it said it could only find it in the "TSLPatchdata" file. *Is confused* :thumbsup::wub:

Once again, thanks for all your help! :D

What I do, after I download Bao's Armor, (I save it into the Override folder) I double click the folder called, "Bao-Dur's Charged Armor, click on the installer and this is what I tell it. C Hardive>Program Files>Lucas Art's>Kotor2 and then that's all I do. Am I downloading it wrong?

EDIT: Gah! I went to re-downlaod it, to make sure I did everything right before I posted this. When I read the installer, it says this, "A file named "Bao_armor.uti" already exsist in the "override" folder! Skipping over file." The only thing is, when I searched through the Override folder and used my search engine, I couldn't find it anywhere! When I used the search program, it said it could only find it in the "TSLPatchdata" file. *Is confused*  :thumbsup:  :wub: 

Once again, thanks for all your help! :D

hmm.. ok first thing, don't save the file (the .rar or it's contents) into override.. that may cause conflicts and the reason why it's saying a .uti already exists. The installer will copy those files into your override folder automatically...

1) Download (or move) the .rar to your desktop

2) Open the .rar file and drag the entire folder onto your desktop

3) Open the folder and run the installer .exe from there

4) When the pop up comes up looking for a baseitems.2da, point it to the baseitems.2da in your override folder (that came with the USM)

It might help as well to remove any file associated with the Bao armor from your override (from a previous install) so that you're "starting fresh" :ermm:

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

Okay, I re-downloaded the whole thing again and put it on my desktop. I doubled clicked on the folder, clicked the install button and told it to downlaod into the Kotor2 file. It downloads, but it doesn't ask me about the baseitems.2da. It just continues on and once again, it says the same messege. Here is the whole, "install process." (I also, removed all files from the previous download as well.)

Patch operation started.....

Modifying file "baseitems.2da found in override folder...

Modifing 2DA file basitems.2da...

Finished updating 2DA file c:\program flies\lucasarts\Kotor2\override\basitems.2da.

Modifying GFF blueprints...

Coyping file "Bao_armor.uti" to override folder...

Modifying GFF file "Bao_Armor.uti"....

Finished updating GFF file "bao_armor.uti...

Installing unmodified files...

Copying file "ia_class7_087.tga" to the override folder

Copying "Pmbf87.tga" to override folder....

Copying "Pmbf87.txi" to override folder...

A file already named "Bao_armor. uti" already exsist in the "override" folder! Skipping file

Copying file "231bdur.dlg" to override folder....

Copying file "equip_bcarmor.ncs" to the override folder...

Unable to copy file "readme-Bao-Dur Charged Armor.txt", file does not exsist!

Done. All changes have been made

P.S: Being a Noob stinks..... :D :thumbsup:

Thanks!......Again.... :D

Hmm.. so is it still missing the .uti file in your override when you go to check it manually?

The installation feedback looks ok, or 'normal' rather ... hehehe ...

If you're still getting problems, I can try to compile you a 'workable' Bao edition for a post-USM install if you're interested. It might be till tomorrow though when I can get to it...

OR, if I'm mis-reading this post and everything's working now... then groovy! :thumbsup: pardon my rambling.. hehe

*Hugs ChAiNz.2da* Thanks for helping me out and yes, I am interested in your "proposal". That's fine, I don't mind waiting. :D

I can't thank you enough for helping me!  :thumbsup:

hehehe... no problem, my pleasure :)

Just so we can "pre-prep".. go ahead and delete every instance of the Bao armor you can. The files you need to delete are listed in the readme. Also, make sure to go ahead and install the USM (if you haven't already). The files I'll give you (tonight or tomorrow) will be a "drop all of this in your override folder, overwrite if asked" kinda deal ;)

I'll PM you a link to download the file(s) once I get it done.

Just to be safe. Don't install any other mods until I can send you the file, otherwise it may conflict. Well,... in all honesty, I should say "don't install any other mods that contains a baseitems.2da file".. other mods shouldn't conflict :)

Do you have any other mods installed I should be aware of? Again, only if it's a baseitems.2da mod... I can go ahead and make them compatible as well ;)

Okay, I don't think there are any oher mod's that you need to know about. I'll go ahead and delete everything concerning the Bao armor. If I think of something, I'll let you know...

Once again, Thanks. :D

Shoots herself. I love the USM mod, though the only "Glich" is that when I talk to my party members, they Fast Forward really fast and can't tell what they are saying and they have no voice either. :thumbsup: If someone could help me out, that'd be great!

I get that problem, I even had it before I installed the saber mod. In fact, now that I think of it, since installing the mod I haven't had the problem, yet that is. It never was all that common for me. The only solution I found was to shut the game down, back to windows, then restart it and load up your game.

Shoots herself. I love the USM mod, though the only "Glich" is that when I talk to my party members, they Fast Forward really fast and can't tell what they are saying and they have no voice either. :) If someone could help me out, that'd be great!

a few of the lines require custom VO that was made Cut from the games VO, so to install the sound what you need to do is copy the "StreamVoice" folder and paste it into your main SKotOR2 directory default is

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 allow it to overwrite and your done, as stated in another post in this thread there is no need to worrie about the sound from USM actually overwriting the game sounds its just the folders that get overwriten.

Okay, I don't think there are any oher mod's that you need to know about. I'll go ahead and delete everything concerning the Bao armor. If I think of something, I'll let you know...

Once again, Thanks. :D

Check your PM's :)

and let me know if you have any problems with it. If you've already landed on Telos' surface and have Bao with you, you'll need to use the cheat codes or KSE in order to get the Armor...

I've included a readme that lists the codes and such... and I included install instructions in both the readme file and in the PM...

Hope this works for you :D

Make sure you're dragging the entire "StreamVoice" folder (not just it's contents) from the .rar file over to TSL's 'main' folder...

default path is C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2

This is one case where they don't go into your override folder :blink:

If you want to get really 'down-n-dirty' you can drop the individual .wav files in their proper folder...

Default path for Bao-Dur's wavs are:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\GBL\BAODUR

and Mira's is:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\GBL\mira

;)

Okay, I'm going to try the "Donwn 'n' Dirty" way. Though, their are many files with Bao amd Mira clips. Which file to I put the individual .wavs in?

Thanks!  o:)

Just follow the paths I listed above...

The .rar file has the .wavs broken down into their appropriate folder paths they belong in...

Just place all of the Bao-Dur wavs (from the .rar file) in the "StreamVoice/GBL/BAODUR" folder

for Mira, place all of her wavs (from the .rar) in the "StreamVoice/GBL/mira" folder

:ermm:

I just completed the game with the Ultimate Saber Mod.

It definately added to gameplay and my enjoyment of the game

I love the new "techniques" you can teach your npc jedi characters.

Also the sabers are pretty good :D

Just had to say thanks to you guys for making a great game even better :blink:

Stay cool :cool:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I just completed the game with the Ultimate Saber Mod.

It definately added to gameplay and my enjoyment of the game

I love the new "techniques" you can teach your npc jedi characters.

Also the sabers are pretty good  :D

Just had to say thanks to you guys for making a great game even better :thumbsup:

Stay cool :cool:

Your welcome. :)

i've played the game with this mod and i didn't get all the sabre's so i tried to get them by using KSE but when i open "inventory" kse only shows "Building Master Item List..." and when it is completed there are no usm sabres in the list (neither is bao-dur's armor)

i've played the game with this mod and i didn't get all the sabre's so i tried to get them by using KSE but when i open "inventory" kse only shows "Building Master Item List..." and when it is completed there are no usm sabres in the list (neither is bao-dur's armor)

Are all of the USM's .uti files directly in the override directory? KSE will not look in sub-folders within the override folder...