Whats the official "Revan" head?

that's just wallpaper, which I consider to be part of the pre-game material, which also implies that Atris is the LS Master, Nihilus is the DS Master, and in some situtations implies that they are the same people but path dependant. I wouldn't consider it anything official.

I don't think Revan has one either, and I wouldn't want one or else it opens the door to an assumed Revan.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The whole point of Revan is that he/she is a costumisable character. He/she isn't supposed to have a defined look. Some people claim that both Revan and the Exile are LS males according to canon, but that is just for convenience. Revan looks just the way you made him to look and acts just like you made him act.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Canon has Revan a Male. The actual look is up to the player. However when I used to watch the old preview of the game(before it came out) it seems that the white guy with long black hair seemed to biowares choice. He would always appear as Revan in the preview movies.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Canon has Revan a Male. The actual look is up to the player. However when I used to watch the old preview of the game(before it came out) it seems that the white guy with long black hair seemed to biowares choice. He would always appear as Revan in the preview movies.

Am I the only one who wants to seen where someone who acutally has authority to decide who Revan is, say that Revan and Exie (in canon) are males? Since I think its total bull****.

There's another strike against Star Wars "canon" in my book. :p

that's just wallpaper, which I consider to be part of the pre-game material, which also implies that Atris is the LS Master, Nihilus is the DS Master, and in some situtations implies that they are the same people but path dependant. I wouldn't consider it anything official.

You have an amazing talent for over-reading and over-stating what has NEVER been said anywhere, by any official sources.

Every time GL makes a new film the "canon" is overwritten with whatever he decides to create.

Ergo, all the EU "canon" is subordinate to the actual material, not the other way around. My game allows me to chose Revan's gender and race EVERY TIME I PLAY IT, so unless they take that option away -- and it would seemingly have to be retrospectively -- then that obviously takes precendence.

If you need more evidence, here is the official Star Wars® Lego® Revan character.

Notice it is gender neutral.

Q.E.D.

You only prove your own prejudices and psychological weaknesses by insisting that the character has to have a gender and race to your approval.

If you let your consellor know this important information it might shorten your treatment and even, eventually, lower your dosage. :ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Notice it is gender neutral.

might want to get your eyes checked. :ermm:"

Darth Revan

Human Male

Evil (I'd say Lawful Evil)

Dark Jedi

Revan was a Jedi who fought in the Mandalorian Wars when no other Jedi would. He was considered a hero in every sense of the word as he freed the galaxy from the expanding Mandalorians. But then he and his apprentice, Malak, found something dark and terrible that changed them forever, and they fell to the Dark Side, becoming Darth Revan and Darth Malak. I thought Revan was really cool looking in the game, with his helmet and armor. I wish you could wear them yourself. So I made a cool custom version of him.

Those are custom builds not official Lego SW btw.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I remember hearing somewhere that KOTOR was going to be made into a movie. I don't know if the rumor is true, but if it is, Revan will soon have a face, and a gender. But I don' t understand how it would work because the film director would have to decide whether or not Revan goes dark side or light side. And KOTOR II didn't clearly expalain which path he chose.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

apparently, the Dark Horse comic about Revan has Revan as LS male.

in the EU, a comic outweighs most other sources.

BUT, this is for convenience. The fans want Revan in the EU so they make him EU. Well, if someone is in the EU, then said person has to have a set identity.

But that is only for the purposes of the EU. The game is different. Revan is a customizable, unisex construct in the games. The mistake that BioWare made was not giving the PC a backstory but in giving the PC a name. That made it almost certain that the character would end up in the EU.

The Exile is an improvement on the backstory idea...because there is no name involved, it allows for much more customization and does not necessarily change continuity.

the sooner you kill Revan off in the games, the sooner you can level a forest in EU talking about this character...ultimately, this has to be the best bet.

apparently, the Dark Horse comic about Revan has Revan as LS male.

in the EU, a comic outweighs most other sources.

BUT, this is for convenience.  The fans want Revan in the EU so they make him EU.  Well, if someone is in the EU, then said person has to have a set identity.

But that is only for the purposes of the EU.  The game is different.  Revan is a customizable, unisex construct in the games.  The mistake that BioWare made was not giving the PC a backstory but in giving the PC a name.  That made it almost certain that the character would end up in the EU.

The Exile is an improvement on the backstory idea...because there is no name involved, it allows for much more customization and does not necessarily change continuity.

the sooner you kill Revan off in the games, the sooner you can level a forest in EU talking about this character...ultimately, this has to be the best bet.

Theres a dark horse comic about him :huh:

Link please?

Revan is in Star wars tales isnt he/she? Thats pretty non canon as far as the comics go. Revan's gender is only defined in the chronicles on the game site. But that can be considered apocryphal. In the databank the gender and alignment are not defined.

Revan's gender/alignment is whatever you want it to be as there is no official setting and there needn't be one either.

He's either a male or a really buff female with no chest.

:huh:

might want to get your eyes checked.  :p"

Darth Revan

Human Male

Evil (I'd say Lawful Evil)

Dark Jedi

Revan was a Jedi who fought in the Mandalorian Wars when no other Jedi would. He was considered a hero in every sense of the word as he freed the galaxy from the expanding Mandalorians. But then he and his apprentice, Malak, found something dark and terrible that changed them forever, and they fell to the Dark Side, becoming Darth Revan and Darth Malak. I thought Revan was really cool looking in the game, with his helmet and armor. I wish you could wear them yourself. So I made a cool custom version of him.

Those are custom builds not official Lego SW btw.

I just skimmed it, actually. So with this person's interpretation, Revan is DSM.

It's interesting that my main point was skipped by everyone:

Every time GL makes a new film the "canon" is overwritten with whatever he decides to create.

Ergo, all the EU "canon" is subordinate to the actual material, not the other way around. My game allows me to chose Revan's gender and race EVERY TIME I PLAY IT, so unless they take that option away -- and it would seemingly have to be retrospectively -- then that obviously takes precendence.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There isn't a reason not to have one. If you don't care we don't care. Works both ways.  :D

1. It is very obvious that Revan has no set gender (or alignment). Check the Databank (unfortunately I cannot preset the search to "Revan" for you.)

1.a I don't care what children think about this game.

2. I do care if these same children belligerently try to "prove" a patently incorrect and bigoted proposition within my earshot, because I will not be an accomplice by my silence.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Children?" That's a mature way to start getting your desperate point across by having to resort to personal attacks. Keep it up. :huh:

Nothing personal, I don't have any disrespect for you. But just because we're on opposite sides of an issue doesn't mean we have to hate each other now, does it? Some things we both may agree on, and some things we may not. This just happens to be among the latter. You won't get very far in argumentation without showing some mutual respect and keeping it civil.

And your link doesn't work by the way.

Revan is in Star wars tales isnt he/she? Thats pretty non canon as far as the comics go. Revan's gender is only defined in the chronicles on the game site. But that can be considered apocryphal. In the databank the gender and alignment are not defined.

Revan's gender/alignment is whatever you want it to be as there is no official setting and there needn't be one either.

Would have been right up until a few months ago. Tales stopped making infinites stories, and now mostly makes Continuity stories, unless the story has an infinities label. Since the KOTOR story did not, then the Tales story is indeed continuity. The story wasn't about him, but he did appear in a vision seen that Duron Quel-Droma had.

Another KOTOR story will be in Tales 24(the last issue), and will focus on Darth Nihilus and Visas Marr.

KOTOR 2 must be completed