Ninja Gaiden Black

Hehehehehe, still loving the game. I'm in the sewers now.

The devs should have just stuck with combat, though. What's up with these puzzles/platforming? And forcing me use the bow while enemies are raining rockets at me, all while I'm using a bloody gamepad to aim? That's sadistic. At least I got past that part.

I died so many times on that part. I can't snipe with a gamepad. :unsure:

I just kicked Doku's butt and then died at the hands of the endlessly spawning red demons that came after I left the room to save after solving the (stupid platforming) puzzle.

The camera sucks. The artstyle sucks. Some of the design (platforming, "puzzles", stupid tedious water level, ranged weaponry --> bosses during the tairon-on-alert mission) sucks. The melee combat redeems all of it *completely*. Most satisfying combat ever. I have a love-hate relationship with this game. It doesn't answer my calls, though. Like that MCA jerk.

I don't mind dying over and over again during a difficult satisfying battle. What I *do* mind is when I'm stuck having to repeat some jumps over and over again or have to mess around with the stupid camera to 'figure out' how to solve the "puzzles", or when I just die because of a cheap enemy because I'm stuck having to use ranged attacks against it. That's just frustrating. Give me a cool challenging battle that kicks me when I'm down and I'll get right back up and fight it all over again. Heck, I have a tendency to not save when I win an insanedly difficult battle after many many attempts and just reload to fight it all over again.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I just kicked Doku's butt and then died at the hands of the endlessly spawning red demons that came after I left the room to save after solving the (stupid platforming) puzzle.

The camera sucks. The artstyle sucks. Some of the design (platforming, "puzzles", stupid tedious water level, ranged weaponry --> bosses during the tairon-on-alert mission) sucks. The melee combat redeems all of it *completely*. Most satisfying combat ever. I have a love-hate relationship with this game. It doesn't answer my calls, though. Like that MCA jerk.

I don't mind dying over and over again during a difficult satisfying battle. What I *do* mind is when I'm stuck having to repeat some jumps over and over again or have to mess around with the stupid camera to 'figure out' how to solve the "puzzles", or when I just die because of a cheap enemy because I'm stuck having to use ranged attacks against it. That's just frustrating. Give me a cool challenging battle that kicks me when I'm down and I'll get right back up and fight it all over again. Heck, I have a tendency to not save when I win an insanedly difficult battle after many many attempts and just reload to fight it all over again.

That's a challenge you unlocked. Beat all the red dinos and you'll get a prize. (Dragon sword most effective). Do the XYXXX combo, but be careful of the bite.

The camera does have its issues, but it does have some impact on the gameplay. Certain enemies behave differently when on and off screen. :)

Personally I think the camera did a great job with all the action going on. It only gave me when Ryu is near a wall fighting an enemy and it would sometimes go crazy.

• 1 month later...

Does NG:Sigma have the same options as NG:Black for voiceacting? I.e, one can change from the hideous english voiceacting to japanese with english subtitles.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In some anime I like to keep the hideous engish voice acting with the english subtitles. You sometimes see huge differences of what is said and what is actually meant.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

• 2 months later...

It looks like Ninja Gaiden: Sigma :(

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That will probably be worth it. I bought the original Xbox because of Ninja Gaiden.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The pre-TGS demonstration is available on Live Marketplace. Except if you're from Greece. New videos --> Bringing It Home

It's awesome, though that's kind of obvious. So much gratuitous blood and limbs flying everywhere at 60FPS. Combat, of course, looks as good as always. If you've played NG1, you don't really need anything more said about it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)